Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2020 Surgery Folks Come On in!

On 3/9/2020 at 4:05 PM, Mello1 said:

Welcome new start21 to the March 9th group!

Welcome Stephaniiee_u to the March 11th group!

Welcome Clorose5 to the March 24th group!

Welcome ebbii0927 to the March 30th group!

March 2 Skywolfe, Earthquake88, AnnieK1073, Rearguard, Slimmy-Mommeee, onmyway11 COMPLETE

March 3 Glannin, BigInJapan, Byrd0315, Katheryn0303, Tamarita, CammyC, Kristyle, mooki, Krimsonbutterflies, ChelleFord, sfreasier COMPLETE

March 4 lucia.vsg COMPLETE

March 5 KSMermaid, gucci2018, ERYNN123, gcampbell99 COMPLETE

March 6 Pansypicker, Amber77, LeeLee Luv COMPLETE

March 9 Angie526, AuntCyn, highlyundermedicated, Nette200486, Wendy128, new start21

March 10 Confidently_Me, Nermada, Wellness Warrior, NewEnglanderGal, Amy Franks, finding.me, saracha

March 11 MaineDoc, 3charrm, lily66, asnirak, stephaniiee_u

March 12 ronjsteele1, anyu3379, Jay2016, GAJeepgirl

March 13 Q75j25

March 14 Amie

March 17 Mello1, smile-everyday

March 18 Hop_Scotch, Teres36

March 19 medicpup2, MMurphy1015

March 20 JessicaMNCat, fiddlinjellybean, JLynnY

March 23 KingTeresa 2006, Believe0xandx0conquer, RPilch

March 25 Sozamy

March 24 heavenlyscrts, jDubs, AngienHarry, SleeveCanadian, Learning2LoveTina, Melodyadea, Clorose5

March 26 Cia2020, OnMyWay1956, Marthalynn, richiewho

March 27 Ayemeeb,Eribur,junesbaby2016

March 30 Stanlak, Starla K, Milly221, Dymin210, ebbii027

March 31 KhoricRitter

Edited by junesbaby2016@gmail.com

@junesbaby2016@gmail.com How exciting!!! I had mine on March 3rd! Congratulations and welcome. I’m a newbie too and this site is a wealth of knowledge.

Today was my last day of regular liquids - tomorrow starts "clear liquid day" - for the 12th!!! Holy crap!!! I gotta admit I'm a bit petrified!!

Ugh, I hated the pre-op all liquid diet and so happy that part is over. I switch to full liquids tmrw. I’ve been living on Protein Shakes and sf popsicles and sf Jello for a week now. 7 days post-op today ❤️

Welcome jlow347 to the March 17th group!

Welcome Junesbaby2016 to the March 27th group!

March 2 Skywolfe, Earthquake88, AnnieK1073, Rearguard, Slimmy-Mommeee, onmyway11 COMPLETE

March 3 Glannin, BigInJapan, Byrd0315, Katheryn0303, Tamarita, CammyC, Kristyle, mooki, Krimsonbutterflies, ChelleFord, sfreasier COMPLETE

March 4 lucia.vsg COMPLETE

March 5 KSMermaid, gucci2018, ERYNN123, gcampbell99 COMPLETE

March 6 Pansypicker, Amber77, LeeLee Luv COMPLETE

March 9 Angie526, AuntCyn, highlyundermedicated, Nette200486, Wendy128, new start21, COMPLETE

March 10 Confidently_Me, Nermada, Wellness Warrior, NewEnglanderGal, Amy Franks, finding.me, siracha, COMPLETE

March 11 MaineDoc, 3charrm, lily66, asnirak, stephaniiee_u

March 12 ronjsteele1, anyu3379, Jay2016, GAJeepgirl

March 13 Q75j25

March 14 Amie

March 17 Mello1, smile-everyday, jlow347

March 18 Hop_Scotch, Teres36

March 19 medicpup2, MMurphy1015

March 20 JessicaMNCat, fiddlinjellybean, JLynnY

March 23 KingTeresa 2006, Believe0xandx0conquer, RPilch

March 25 Sozamy

March 24 heavenlyscrts, jDubs, AngienHarry, SleeveCanadian, Learning2LoveTina, Melodyadea, Clorose5

March 26 Cia2020, OnMyWay1956, Marthalynn, richiewho

March 27 Ayemeeb, Eribur, Junesbaby2016

March 30 Stanlak, Starla K, Milly221, Dymin210, ebbii027

March 31 KhoricRitter

Edited by Mello1

2 hours ago, jlow347 said:

My surgery is March 17th also. On my liquid diet in preparation.

Woohoo! Another surgery twin!!!!

How long were you all supposed to do the liquid diet? A friend of mine only had do to three days but I'm having to do two weeks. Did you doctor give you a goal to lose by day of surgery not counting what had to be lost for insurance approval? My bmi is 51 and my doctor told me he wants it down to 49 by the 17th for surgery. It's kind of stressing me out because I'm a week into the liquid diet and have only lost 6lbs since my last appointment on the 28th. I'm afraid if I don't reach the goal he set he will think I cheated on this liquid diet.

My surgery is March 16th!

Hey guys! Wow it's been a little over a week since my surgery and what a roller coaster it has been! I'm recovering ok and am finally able to get in about 5 oz an hour. I know it should be more but this is huge for me. For the first few days drinking anything was difficult and forget about taking meds. I can say I didnt expect the contraction like spasms when I wake up and at odd times during the day. None of the videos or blog post talked about this and i thought something was really wrong. So I wanted to put it out there for all peeps on here so you wont be alarmed or surprised. I'm currently at my post OP appt and plan on asking the surgeon about it when they call me back.
On the bright side my incisions barely hurt at all and moving around and getting out of bed has gotten soooo much better. What a difference a week will make! I'm down 8lbs since surgery and 23 lbs since starting the liquid diet.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Slimmy-mommeee said:

Hey guys! Wow it's been a little over a week since my surgery and what a roller coaster it has been! I'm recovering ok and am finally able to get in about 5 oz an hour. I know it should be more but this is huge for me. For the first few days drinking anything was difficult and forget about taking meds. I can say I didnt expect the contraction like spasms when I wake up and at odd times during the day. None of the videos or blog post talked about this and i thought something was really wrong. So I wanted to put it out there for all peeps on here so you wont be alarmed or surprised. I'm currently at my post OP appt and plan on asking the surgeon about it when they call me back.
On the bright side my incisions barely hurt at all and moving around and getting out of bed has gotten soooo much better. What a difference a week will make! I'm down 8lbs since surgery and 23 lbs since starting the liquid diet.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Hey Slimmy-mommeee!!! Glad to hear you're on the upswing! Personally for me, my incisions are getting itchy! Still the right side is most sensitive but definitely improving. 😊

@Slimmy-mommeee I had terrible contractions and spasms at the top of my new stomach the first few days after surgery. I would sip, drink and I would feel it hit the top of my sleeve—it would bubble and then it ached and pulsed; it contracted I guess that is what it was for a few seconds. It was crazy! I only get that feeling now like 3’times a day instead of after every sip! Thank Goodness 😅 so happy to hear you’re recovery is getting better! I’m also at my follow up appt right now!