Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2020 Surgery Folks Come On in!

Had my surgery on the Monday 3/2, came home the next day. Tummy is very sore, to be expected. However I can’t get all the liquids down, had to cut the dosage in half but still feels very full. Anyone else having these issues?
Just sip on it all the time

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

8 minutes ago, Angienharry said:

How did your surgery go?

She posted in the post-op thread. She should be home by now. She was experiencing a lot of cramping and she said that they gave her some meds for that.

4 minutes ago, Angienharry said:

I had my pre op visit today. I have to do one week of liquids pre op and can’t have even soft, solid soft foods until 9 weeks. I’m talking cottage cheese and scrambled eggs. Is that normal? The nurse said my doc is very conservative but dang!

So what are you supposed to have weeks 2-9?

On 3/3/2020 at 4:06 PM, NewEnglanderGal said:

Are any of using myfitnesspal to log your calories. Today was my 22nd day of logging but it’s the first day on the liquid diet so I’m wayyyy under their calories recommendation. So it will not allow me to complete my days into. Anyone know how to “fix” this?

You add something to your diary in order to get over 1k calories (the minimum) and finish your log, then go in and edit it to remove the calories so you get an accurate count. Not completing the diary doesn't affect your streak of logging or anything though. I did 1 year 3 months straight last time and I'm on 117 days since I entered the bariatric program and started logging again, and I've only completed it a few times. I always forget by the end of the day.

Welcome GAJeepgirl to the March 12th group!

Welcome smile-everyday to the March 17th group!

Welcome Dymin210 to the March 30th group!

March 2 Skywolfe, Earthquake88, AnnieK1073, Rearguard, Slimmy-Mommeee, onmyway11

March 3 Glannin, BigInJapan, Byrd0315, Katheryn0303, Tamarita, CammyC, Kristyle, mooki, Krimsonbutterflies, ChelleFord

March 4 lucia.vsg

March 5 KSMermaid, gucci2018, ERYNN123, gcampbell99

March 6 Pansypicker, Amber77, LeeLee Luv

March 9 Angie526, AuntCyn, highlyundermedicated, Nette200486, Wendy128

March 10 Confidently_Me, Nermada, Wellness Warrior, NewEnglanderGal, Amy Franks, finding.me

March 11 MaineDoc, 3charrm, lily66, asnirak

March 12 ronjsteele1, anyu3379, Jay2016, GAJeepgirt

March 13 Q75j25

March 14 Amie

March 17 Mello1, smile-everyday

March 18 Hop_Scotch

March 19 medicpup2, MMurphy1015

March 20 JessicaMNCat, fiddlinjellybean

March 23 KingTeresa 2006, Believe0xandx0conquer, RPilch

March 25 Sozamy

March 24 heavenlyscrts, jDubs, AngienHarry, SleeveCanadian, Learning2LoveTina, Melodyadea

March 26 Cia2020, OnMyWay1956, Marthalynn, richiewho

March 27 Ayemeeb, Eribur

March 30 Stanlak, Starla K, Milly221, Dymin210

March 31 KhoricRitter

Edited by Mello1

Hey everyone! The first week of March is almost complete and the following folk should have had their surgeries by now:

March 2 Skywolfe, Earthquake88, AnnieK1073, Rearguard, Slimmy-Mommeee, onmyway11

March 3 Glannin, BigInJapan, Byrd0315, Katheryn0303, Tamarita, CammyC, Kristyle, mooki, Krimsonbutterflies, ChelleFord

March 4 lucia.vsg

March 5 KSMermaid, gucci2018, ERYNN123, gcampbell99

That's 20 folk on their journey to a new life! When you feel up to it, please check in and let us all know that you are okay so that we can cheer you on!

Edited by Mello1

54 minutes ago, smile-everyday said:

Scheduled for VSG on 03/17 and currently on day 3 of my 2 week liquid diet trying to stay strong 😉

Hi surgery twin! Me too! I just want the date to get here already!

Krimsonbutterflies posted in the Post-Op thread; okay, having the typical gas discomfort and incision pain. She is walking it out.

March 12th for me (it was supposed to be the 5th, but I would have been the last patient for the day - with a late afternoon operation!!! They asked if I wanted the first available for the next week and I agreed. Tomorrow is my pre-op testing. I had my lap band removed in 2015, and I'm having "revision" to bypass. I'm beyond excited, but I worry that something is going to jinx it. One week of two required weeks of liquid pre op diet, and no replacement hormones has made me a bit grumpy to say the least!
I remain skeptical until I'm on that OR table, sound asleep! 😛

20 hours ago, Angienharry said:

I had my pre op visit today. I have to do one week of liquids pre op and can’t have even soft, solid soft foods until 9 weeks. I’m talking cottage cheese and scrambled eggs. Is that normal? The nurse said my doc is very conservative but dang!

I have to do liquids for 4 weeks after surgery then move to puree foods for 4 weeks then soft foods like eggs for 4 weeks sounds similar

6 minutes ago, GAjeepGirl said:

March 12th for me (it was supposed to be the 5th, but I would have been the last patient for the day - with a late afternoon operation!!! They asked if I wanted the first available for the next week and I agreed. Tomorrow is my pre-op testing. I had my lap band removed in 2015, and I'm having "revision" to bypass. I'm beyond excited, but I worry that something is going to jinx it. One week of two required weeks of liquid pre op diet, and no replacement hormones has made me a bit grumpy to say the least!
I remain skeptical until I'm on that OR table, sound asleep! 😛

Welcome, welcome!!!! Added you smile-everyday to the list!

Thanks Mello1!

1 hour ago, Mello1 said:

Krimsonbutterflies posted in the Post-Op thread; okay, having the typical gas discomfort and incision pain. She is walking it out.

Hey Mello 1, you are truly awesome to provide updates and etc. I've moved to the couch today, much better. The Bariatric Nurse checked in with me and told me to take the Gas -X. She also recommended the heating Pad, which I started using earlier today. I appreciate it, now for this sore throat, ugh!!! Better than Bullion broth is great, veggie flavor is nice. I'm also consuming more fluids today, thank goodness. I had a few mind trips for the first time while on this journey last night and early hours of the morning. The emotions are real, the mind will tell you that you are hungry, the body is healing (practice patience with yourself), you may weigh more when you first come home ( don't worry about it), we just had a major surgery...Walk that gas out as much as possible, it is deceptive and will mess with your mental. That gas is the devil. I'm also developing a sore throat as mentioned, but I'm going to have to deal with it. We are here and we will see this through, I will be okay. I'm thankful for Bariatric Pal and each of you for understanding the importance of having a positive connection in this community. Life is a struggle and it's good to have a healthy outlet.