Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any upcoming March 2020 Sleevers out there??

On 2/27/2020 at 11:25 AM, Provost said:

March 16th here.... a few days into my Optifast diet. Not going too badly aside from a few light headed spells.

From British Columbia, Canada and having my surgery in Victoria. A little worried about travelling, staying for a couple days after leaving the hospital but than an hour flight on a small cramped plane.

Good luck! You'll do fine. Everyone I have talked to is up and moving around fairly independently by day 3

1 hour ago, asnirak said:

I’m scheduled for March 11 and super excited but...does anyone else worry that they won’t lose any weight?!? Like, I know that’s basically impossible, and that some people don’t lose as much as they’d hoped or they regain, but everyone loses something. I just feel like after all these years of trying so hard and doing what I was told to do and still not losing, I can’t help but worry this will be the same. I’ll do this intense thing and then still weigh the same. Is anyone else feeling this, or is just my crazy anxiety?

Hmmmm...could this be a March 11th syndrome? LOL. I, too, am 3/11 surgery and if I stress about ANYTHING surrounding this, it’s fear of not losing the weight. Something tells me it must be a common phenomenon, for we’ve all likely tried everything possible before the last resort of WLS. I HAVE!! AND YOU HAVE!!

I’ve lost 9 lbs on this pre-op diet effort, and believe with ALL of my big ‘ol heart that you and I, and everyone who follows protocol to a T will be successful. I’m over 60, and while convincing myself that I will lose, I also believe it will require being as vigilant as I’ve ever been in my life with anything! I’m NOT going through all of this only to screw it up. Stay strong, stay excited, stay faithful, and wait for that beautiful, healthy flower to unfold VERY SHORTLY!

I'll join this club - also travelling to Las Vegas on Mar 18th for surgery on Mar 23rd. Right now I'm finishing up all of the food funerals, but start pre-op diet on Monday. I'm sure that's when it will really feel "real". It's so awesome to have a place to find so much experience and get so many questions answered! Happy there are so many folks in the same boat as me!!

17 hours ago, Boater Girl said:

I'll join this club - also travelling to Las Vegas on Mar 18th for surgery on Mar 23rd. Right now I'm finishing up all of the food funerals, but start pre-op diet on Monday. I'm sure that's when it will really feel "real". It's so awesome to have a place to find so much experience and get so many questions answered! Happy there are so many folks in the same boat as me!!

Good luck! Viva Las Vegas! Im on day 7 of clear liquid diet surgery tomorrow. Originally I was petrified of the liquid diet, because food is my comfort. But my dr said I could have Protein Shakes, in which I choese Premier Protein, they are super rich and filling. I have lost 11lbs in 7days on the preop diet, after day 3 I wasnt hungry at all. I wish you the best, see you on the loser's bench!

Mine was yesterday, March 3. I’m on my way home from the hospital now. (A two hour drive) It was pretty easy for me to be honest. A little pain when I woke up and a little nausea here and there, but no dry heaving. Started walking within a few hours. Incision sites are a bit sore and if I turn a certain way or stand up too fast it’s uncomfortable. No trouble getting Water in.

2 hours ago, ChiefPWife said:

Mine was yesterday, March 3. I’m on my way home from the hospital now. (A two hour drive) It was pretty easy for me to be honest. A little pain when I woke up and a little nausea here and there, but no dry heaving. Started walking within a few hours. Incision sites are a bit sore and if I turn a certain way or stand up too fast it’s uncomfortable. No trouble getting Water in.

Congratulations on your successful surgery. I was yesterday also, I finally made it home. I'm in my bed with my feet elevated, new pajamas and Isopure Protein Drink ready for Clear Liquids on my side table. My incisions are a little annoying, but that's to be expected. Don't cough though, it hurts beyond words, I just found out.

I just found yesterday, I’m scheduled for March 18! Wow! It’s getting real!

On 2/10/2020 at 8:16 PM, Anxious_mumma said:

Hi All,

I’m booked in for surgery this Thursday 13th Feb.

My doctor is Dr Michael France at Ashford Hospital in Adelaide SA.

I’m truly terrified. I have a 5 year old little girl who is my absolute world and I’m so petrified of something happening to me and leaving her behind - does anyone else feel this way??? I feel selfish to a degree, that I’m doing this think which involves risk ..... but I also know I’m doing it so that I can be a healthier, happier mother to my girl.

Someone tell me it will be okay!

Hi Anxious_mumma, glad to read from someone in Adelaide! I am from here too and am planning to do this with my son at the end of the year. I wld love to hear about your experience and progress (and your doctor!). I hope you are going well so far. All the best for your journey 😕

Wishing you the best.I m in April and i m scared and feel guilty that I cant do it myself.I m sure you have done the reading and checking..so you have done what you can I got a book called."The Bariatric Bible"..very good tips.I live in W.A.

Wishing you well

March 18th . Date was suppose to be march 19th now changed to 18th!!!! Canada

23 minutes ago, Socee said:

March 18th . Date was suppose to be march 19th now changed to 18th!!!! Canada

Yay! We have the same date!

37 minutes ago, Ling82 said:

Yay! We have the same date!

Awesome where are u located?? I am in canada .. march 18th 7.45 am. Vsg sleeve

How are all the March sleevers doing so far? Had Mine 3/6. Since Last Wednesday, I have lost a total of 12 pounds.... It's all kind of crazy. I believe I got the emotional hormonal thing going on right now. I've been a bit grumpy the last two days. Can't believe how fast the date came.