Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any upcoming March 2020 Sleevers out there??

On 2/12/2020 at 5:25 PM, AmyCM said:

My surgery date is March 3rd for VSG. My pre-op is February 19th. I am so ready for this to happen. I'm so excited to have so many people having surgery at the same time as me!

We are surgery twins too! Looks like a few of us with dates on March 3!!

On 2/19/2020 at 5:55 PM, Cia2020 said:

I'm March 26th too!

Awesome!! We'll have to keep in contact twin! All the best!!

Mar 4th here!

I'm excited to get started! Scared for the surgery part but ready for this change in my life.

Yesterday I had all of my preop blood work and a chest X-ray. Today I got my official check in and scheduled surgery time. The hospital is over 2 hours from my house, assuming there’s no traffic, across all of San Bernardino and LA counties. (Which means there is ALWAYS traffic!) My check in time is 5 am. So, I booked a night in a hotel a few miles down the coast from where the surgery will be. The surgery itself is set for 7 am (on March 3). They sent prescriptions for liquid Tylenol with codeine, dissolving zofran pills, an acid reducer for the first three months, and a single dose heavy duty anti-nausea pill for the morning of surgery. I’m beginning to have a difficult time focusing at work. My liquid diet is only one day, so that will be Monday. Tuesday can’t come fast enough!!

March 16th here.... a few days into my Optifast diet. Not going too badly aside from a few light headed spells.

From British Columbia, Canada and having my surgery in Victoria. A little worried about travelling, staying for a couple days after leaving the hospital but than an hour flight on a small cramped plane.

Edited by Provost

@Provost Maybe you'll still be so tired, you'll be zoned for the flight after going through the airport process? My best friend said days 3-4 post-op were her worst "ouchie" days moving, but then she was doing okay getting around.

I have just booked for 27th March, absolutely terrified now! I have been reading up for a couple of years but suddenly feel totally overwhelmed and unprepared. Worried about complications post sleeve, heartburn, leaks and not being healthy for my kids. I have 50lb to lose (it used to be more but I have been healthy eating the last few years), just need a more permanent tool to help me stay consistent. I am UK based but travelling to Turkey for surgery. Its all I think about and I go from wanting it doing asap to wanting to cancel!

I wish you the very best and will be thinking of you on the other side of the world.May everything go smoothly..best wished.

Pud

I’m scheduled for March 11 and super excited but...does anyone else worry that they won’t lose any weight?!? Like, I know that’s basically impossible, and that some people don’t lose as much as they’d hoped or they regain, but everyone loses something. I just feel like after all these years of trying so hard and doing what I was told to do and still not losing, I can’t help but worry this will be the same. I’ll do this intense thing and then still weigh the same. Is anyone else feeling this, or is just my crazy anxiety?

On 2/24/2020 at 6:11 AM, lucia.vsg said:

Mar 4th here!

I'm excited to get started! Scared for the surgery part but ready for this change in my life.

Goodluck! I will be rooting for you, mines on the 5th (Thurs).

1 hour ago, asnirak said:

I’m scheduled for March 11 and super excited but...does anyone else worry that they won’t lose any weight?!? Like, I know that’s basically impossible, and that some people don’t lose as much as they’d hoped or they regain, but everyone loses something. I just feel like after all these years of trying so hard and doing what I was told to do and still not losing, I can’t help but worry this will be the same. I’ll do this intense thing and then still weigh the same. Is anyone else feeling this, or is just my crazy anxiety?

I have the same fears! I had really good results from HCG, but the moment you stopped it (it was super expensive) I started gaining 1lb a day. Now I at my largest in my whole life. After the HCG it seem to be stubborn fat that wouldn't budge, when in the past I used to lose and gain super fast. I have been on the 7day liquid diet and have lost 8lbs on day 6... So i have renewed hope!

I'm here, just got my IV and getting my meds.