Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any upcoming March 2020 Sleevers out there??

Hey Anxious_mumma,

I hope you are well. You will be just fine. I used to work on a Bariatric unit in the hospital as a nurse before I gained weight. It is such a routine and brief surgery. You have a higher risk of passing away from being overweight than from weight loss surgery. The best thing you can do for your daughter is be healthy and alive for her as long as you can. Show her that if you try really hard to do something (like losing weight) that you are not afraid to get help to make sure you reach your goals. Teach her how to love herself by loving yourself. That is what real love is.

On 02/10/2020 at 02:22, Katheryn0303 said:

Me too. Just trying to read as much information from other who have had it done to prepare myself for anything, the good and the bad. We'll do great though. A few months from now we'll say this was the best decision we ever made.

Me too! I’ve been watching Dr. V on YouTube and I love him. I’ve also been seeing a psychiatrist so I make sure I don’t Emotionally sabotage myself. I’m not afraid of the surgery or anything.

On 2/3/2020 at 6:42 PM, WellnessWarrior said:

Meeee! Just received my date - March 10, 2020. I start my pre-op diet on Feb 29th. Best wishes on yours!

Mine is also scheduled 3/10 but pre-op diet starts the 24 😖

Hey Anxious_mumma,

I hope you are well. You will be just fine. I used to work on a Bariatric unit in the hospital as a nurse before I gained weight. It is such a routine and brief surgery. You have a higher risk of passing away from being overweight than from weight loss surgery. The best thing you can do for your daughter is be healthy and alive for her as long as you can. Show her that if you try really hard to do something (like losing weight) that you are not afraid to get help to make sure you reach your goals. Teach her how to love herself by loving yourself. That is what real love is.
It is a relief to hear this! I am a divorced mom of two school age kids and I was freaking out a little. I can't imagine leaving them. Thanks Bari Babe!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

No date here yet. Hoping April or early May at the latest. I've already lost my 5% but a few tests still to go. April 8th will be wrapping up my 90 days of pre-surgery weight loss classes.

Wishing you all successes on your exciting journeys!

Hello all! Yes I finally set my date! Thursday, March 26!!@

30 minutes ago, Hippygirl said:

Hello all! Yes I finally set my date! Thursday, March 26!!@

I'm March 26th too!

I'm set for March 5th!!! super excited and overwhelmed of the unknown. Good luck to all of us!

I’m scheduled for March 3. I only have to do one day preop liquid due to my BMI being on the low end. I’ve done tons to prepare. I have gluten and dairy issues (like I can’t consume any of either at all - even small cross contamination causes major problems) so the shake situation required some advanced planning. I bought various products to try, and settled on a few. I purchased Protein enhanced chicken and beef broth powder packets, protein Water drink mix packets, protein enhanced instant coffee packets (I’ve seen some who have been told no caffeine, my doctor says one small cup a day is acceptable), and vegan/gluten free Protein Powder. I set up individual daily bags of my various protein mix packets which total 60 grams of protein and will include 36 oz of my liquid intake per day. The other 28 oz I will get from plain water or Hint fruit essence water. I have these bags pre-made for the first month post op. I am a planner to a crazy degree, and I didn’t want to be struggling with staying on top of calculating my liquid and protein intake when I already anticipate the consumption of the protein and liquid will be extremely time consuming at least for a while. I am only taking a week off work but I have a very low stress desk job so I’m not concerned. I have to do a chest X-ray and blood work on Tuesday this coming week and then it’s the final countdown. My procedure is in Marina Del Rey, CA at a facility that is several hours from my home but I can’t complain, there are basically ocean views from the hospital. If all goes well I will only be staying in the hospital for one night. I can’t wait to move forward with life!!!

On 2/9/2020 at 11:19 PM, Katheryn0303 said:

March 3rd. Excited, looking forward to a new heathly lifestyle and body, but also nervous. I'm in general overall good health, I don't want to have any complications. Trying to not let some of the stuff I read on here make me nervous. Trying to absorb as much information as possible.

We are surgery twins, and both from California!