Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any upcoming March 2020 Sleevers out there??

One month till I travel to Las vegas for my surgery and two weeks until I start my pre-op diet. Anyone else anxious?

Meeee! Just received my date - March 10, 2020. I start my pre-op diet on Feb 29th. Best wishes on yours!

13 hours ago, WellnessWarrior said:

Meeee! Just received my date - March 10, 2020. I start my pre-op diet on Feb 29th. Best wishes on yours!

Four days apart!! My surgery is scheduled for the 6th.

Mine is on the 3rd of March and I start the diet on the 18th...very excited

I do not have an in stone date yet, as I have to pass a BEGIN class and pay for the sleeve in full (Which happens this Monday); before they will let me get my paws on the doctors operation appointment book. But I have been in constant chat with her and thus far we are shooting for an end of March (3/30) date and she says that is extremely do-able.

The more and more I look at a calendar the more and more nervous I get LOL.

What is everyone doing to mentally prepare? Even though I’m excited and I have no doubt I’m making the right decision, I’m having a lot of anxiety about it.

On 2/4/2020 at 3:16 PM, glannin said:

Mine is on the 3rd of March and I start the diet on the 18th...very excited

Twins!! Surgery and pre-OP diet are the same as yours!! Excited but a little nervous! Don't want to be one of the ones with complications.

March 3rd. Excited, looking forward to a new heathly lifestyle and body, but also nervous. I'm in general overall good health, I don't want to have any complications. Trying to not let some of the stuff I read on here make me nervous. Trying to absorb as much information as possible.

1 hour ago, Bari Babe said:

What is everyone doing to mentally prepare? Even though I’m excited and I have no doubt I’m making the right decision, I’m having a lot of anxiety about it.

Me too. Just trying to read as much information from other who have had it done to prepare myself for anything, the good and the bad. We'll do great though. A few months from now we'll say this was the best decision we ever made.

Hi All,

I’m booked in for surgery this Thursday 13th Feb.

My doctor is Dr Michael France at Ashford Hospital in Adelaide SA.

I’m truly terrified. I have a 5 year old little girl who is my absolute world and I’m so petrified of something happening to me and leaving her behind - does anyone else feel this way??? I feel selfish to a degree, that I’m doing this think which involves risk ..... but I also know I’m doing it so that I can be a healthier, happier mother to my girl.

Someone tell me it will be okay!

8 hours ago, Bari Babe said:

Surgery March 26th here! I've been drinking a morning shake for the last 2 months. Next week I'll start taking lunch shakes. Trying to get ready for an all liquid diet starting March 11 since I work with young kids who need a lot of patience. Getting hangry is not going to be an option.

I also have a habit tracker journal that lets me set goals for each week and rewards. I can show what days I met the goals, how I met the goals, or how I failed to meet the goals. It lets me identify when I'm struggling and why. For me it's not all about food, but a lot of it is. Healthy habit forming is 90% of my battle. Once I lock it in, I'm usually pretty dedicated, like my daily 5k. I am working on tracking all my food (even the treats on days I exceed my carb limits).