Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smoothie Options

I'm really trying to find out how to work veggies into smoothies, or juice extracts etc. Not looking for calorie info.... just looking for veggies that can be camouflaged in a smoothie/juice. I HATE spinach, kale....meh....so I find it very hard to believe that I can erase the gross flavor while still getting vitamins.... not talking about the pills, chews, powders etc....I'm stuck with getting a bypass. My sleeve worked great until Barrett's esophagus was on the possible side effects list for me. Just wanted to hear input on veggies....duh, carrots, got it....that can round out a nutritious smoothie. Once again.... not asking for anything synthetic...got that....not asking about calorie intake. Thanks!

Sent from my moto e5 supra using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok this may be hard but can be done - I am culinary trained so this was not to hard for me,

Couple of things that really help, Since you do not like green go white. Things like Yucca, Cucumber, carrot, Even your squash can be blend into purees, Now to convert them to a smoothie add Greek Plain Yogurt, Ice and Almond Milk. Blend 1/3 of each is a good balance. If you add few blueberry or strawberry the flavor will take over. Going to a good store and looking at the vegetables Grab a few and puree them up.

Also Peanut Butter powder will mask most tastes so will fruit like blueberry pineapple

https://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-drinks/low-sugar-veggie-smoothie-recipes-energy

Try this one to start - I love it but double up the Cinamin and do not worry about finding that squash -

Carrot/Squash

3 large carrots - Mixed color ones are better tasting
1/2 inch fresh ginger - Screw fresh get a tube easy

1/4 kabocha squash, peeled, seeded and roasted - Slow cook it for about two hours in a baking dish
1/2 cup coconut water
1/4 cup raw cashews
1-2 tablespoons maple Syrup -Good stuff not pancake chemical syrup i get it from Seed to table
1 teaspoon cinnamon - Double this up if you like it or use Steva

I just made a smoothie! Big handful of spinach, half cup of frozen fruit (strawberries, banana, kale, blueberries) 1 scoop of fusion Protein Powder and 1 cup Fairlife skim milk.

Black coffee, 16 fl oz 5 1 0 0 9 0
Carnation - coffee creamer, 1 tbs 20 0 0 1 0 1
Fairlife - Skim Milk, 1 cup 80 13 6 6 120 0
Spinach, 3 oz 20 2 3 0 67 0
Bariatric Fusion Powder - Protein Powder, 1 scoops 75 14 5 0 30 1
Add Food 200 30 14 7 226 2

I don’t taste spinach or kale in the smoothie if I use berries because they have a stronger flavor. Also you can buy carrot or celery juice and throw that into the smoothie. You won’t get the Fiber but you will get the nutrients. I’ve been juicing since I’m on liquids and I do celery for me but then add apple for the kids and they love it.