Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric sleeve

I had gastric sleeve done 4 months ago along with a gall bladder removal,I'm still the same weight as i was when i started,absolutely no restriction,I'm very frustrated,I'm going to see surgeon next week,they keep saying to see the dietitian again.

This is the kind of absurd post that give WLS a bad rap.

Not absurd but true,this is not my 1st surgery,I thank God for assistance I had lab in 2005,I went from 300lbs to 185lbs,I started to have problems 2 yrs ago,I wanted my band redone but they wouldn't do it so I went the sleeve.

These surgeries are life savers with diet,exercise and mind changes,but this one is an issue for me.

Well...what are you eating?

18 hours ago, T't said:

I had gastric sleeve done 4 months ago along with a gall bladder removal,I'm still the same weight as i was when i started,absolutely no restriction,I'm very frustrated,I'm going to see surgeon next week,they keep saying to see the dietitian again.

I was eating 400 calories at 4 months, and if you were given a diet to follow as you were with the band you should be losing. 60 g of Protein and I usually had 2 Protein Drinks on ice filled me up. I could barely eat 3 oz of meat. What are you eating and how much? I'm sorry you haven't had success as the first 4 months tend to be the "honeymoon" period where you lose the most. I also had the band and I followed the same "diet" but more emphasis on protein.

I was eating like that but I'm always hungry,never get full,idk,I'm going in to see my surgeon on this monday I take some of the blame but not all because weight loss surgery is supposed to assist you with your healthy eating habits with the band i was never that hungry and i got filled up so quick,for 13 years i couldn't eat Pasta, bread, drink or eat at the same time,i did over it,i threw up,i was 301 when i had my surgery August 17th 2005,by December 2006 i was 200,by june of 2007 i was 178,I did regain some weight by 2009 I was 190,200 by 2011,I started having problems with my band in 2017,I was up to 220lbs,they took all my Fluid out February 28,2019,I had gastric sleeve done September 19th,by then i was 272 I'm still 272.

1 minute ago, T't said:

I was eating like that but I'm always hungry,never get full,idk,I'm going in to see my surgeon on this monday I take some of the blame but not all because weight loss surgery is supposed to assist you with your healthy eating habits with the band i was never that hungry and i got filled up so quick,for 13 years i couldn't eat Pasta, bread, drink or eat at the same time,i did over it,i threw up,i was 301 when i had my surgery August 17th 2005,by December 2006 i was 200,by june of 2007 i was 178,I did regain some weight by 2009 I was 190,200 by 2011,I started having problems with my band in 2017,I was up to 220lbs,they took all my Fluid out February 28,2019,I had gastric sleeve done September 19th,by then i was 272 I'm still 272.

Too not lose weight you've got to be eating to many carbs. Calories. Sodium. Sugar.

So many foods or meals you can buy that say they are healthy actually have too many carbs and too much salt.

Every time I go shopping I have to read the label on absolutely everything and 90% of items I look at are not good enough for weight loss..

You need to be eating clean Protein before anything else.. Low carb.

If you're hungry you'll be snacking all day everyday and the calories will add up..

With liquid diet, then soft foods diet, etc., how did you not lose wt? We're not even allowed bread or Beans or fruit with skins or rice until afterc4 mos. The average is to lose 30 lbs in the first 6 wks. Having sugar and eating everytime there's room in your banana stomach will stop wt loss. You need to wat 2-3 hrs between meals. Log your 1/4 cup meals with MyFitnessPal app.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using BariatricPal mobile app

That’s me right now 10 months post op I lost 70 lbs right away but last three months I can’t lose any it seems like I’m hungry all the time I think I’m just going to eat two meals a day and go back to one Protein Shake