Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Daisyjayne said:

I'm 5'6" and I weighed 230 pounds (104kg) on the day of my gastric sleeve on 8 October last year. I'm currently 168 pounds. My weight loss has been consistent and only slowed when I started doing bodypump a few weeks ago. I'm still dropping centimetres so trying not to freak about the scales. I'm only 12kg off my goal weight which seems incredible to me, only a few months ago I was obese, miserable and unfit - I feel like I have a new lease on life.

^^ Exactly!

P.S. Congrats on closing in on goal!!

I’m like you. I’m only 14 pounds down at week 5 after surgery. Started at 214 at 5’4”. I expected my loss to be much slower though and I’m happy with the 14 at the moment. I’ve decided to only weigh myself once every two weeks in order to not become scale obsessed.

I was 174lbs at surgery. Five weeks later I am now 158lbs. Coming off nicely xx

I had my surgery on Dec. 16, 2019. My surgery weight was 214 lb and I am now at 187 lbs. I have lost 24 lbs so far which seems to be very slow compared to what other people have been saying which makes me upset. I have started to workout to jump start my metabolism so that helps.

@mahtab try not to be upset , a lot of the ladies here are very correct, for people that don’t have as much to lose, we will lose slower

Hi I’m 9 months out and lost 65lbs not sure why it has slowed down but I realized I stopped cardio cause I had a flare up from RA but now I’m back with cardio and lost 5 lbs in a week .. always have your Water at least 33-60! A day .. I just get a large smart water bottle fill it up twice a day and drink it all before I go to sleep even drink when you are driving .. I need to be down 12 lbs by March 23 when I see dr ... pray for me

I am about 5'9" or just a hair under. My highest weight was 255 in Aug. 2016. I went on a low carb diet and got down to 230 by January 2017. I was 208 on the day of my surgery May 15th 2017. It took me about 7 months to reach my goal weight of 150. I maintained 150-160 until about 3-5 months ago when I gained to 165. The 15 # regain is well within the 10-20 pound that I have heard a lot of WLS patients deal with 2-3 years PO.

I would like to be closer to 150 so I am actively working on losing the 15#. It is much harder at almost 3 years PO.-

For me 15 # is almost 2 pants sizes. At 150 I am a size 6-8. At 165 I am a 10-12.

I started at 225 with a BMI of 35. I am now at 167 (for several weeks now) and BMI is 27.

I haven’t had time to read this whole thread yet but I am nervous about this. My RNY is scheduled for March 11, and I’m 5’4” and 235,
40 BMI. I basically wanted to do this as soon as I hit the BMI requirement so I could lose from the lower weight rather than waiting until I was bigger, older, unhealthier. But now I worry I won’t lose very much and I will regret it.

3 minutes ago, asnirak said:

I haven’t had time to read this whole thread yet but I am nervous about this. My RNY is scheduled for March 11, and I’m 5’4” and 235,
40 BMI. I basically wanted to do this as soon as I hit the BMI requirement so I could lose from the lower weight rather than waiting until I was bigger, older, unhealthier. But now I worry I won’t lose very much and I will regret it.

WOW, Asnirak! We are metabolic and psych twins, in that I’m also 5’4”, High Weight 220, doing it sooner rather than later, thus fearful of not losing much and we’re both RNY 3/11/20👍🌟! I send you ALL positive vibes....we WILL do this WELL!💪👌🌟

19 hours ago, Lily66 said:

WOW, Asnirak! We are metabolic and psych twins, in that I’m also 5’4”, High Weight 220, doing it sooner rather than later, thus fearful of not losing much and we’re both RNY 3/11/20👍🌟! I send you ALL positive vibes....we WILL do this WELL!💪👌🌟

Everyone that I have talked to wishes they had done the surgery sooner. Why wait to improve your health? I lost weight in the 9 months before my sleeve which just made it easier after. Yes I lost a little slower but the important point was I got the metabolic reset so my body wasn't constantly fighting to get back where it was. You can do great no matter what weight you start with if you follow the program and do the work. Each step of the process has been a journey for me and I am still learning what I need to do to fuel my body to maintain my desired weight, physical health, and mental well being. It can be such a delicate balance. Be positive and never lose focus on your goal. You can do this!