Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss slow down

23 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

From your screenshot it says you consumed 300+ calories for breakfast...

What was your total calories for the entire day? (I'm unsure if the 668 shown for calories is total consumed? Or total remaining?)

668 was my total cal. For the day

Ok well that didn’t help me n I didn’t know there were more than 1 same issue I’m new here n didn’t know sorry

4 minutes ago, MissPennyP said:

Ok well that didn’t help me n I didn’t know there were more than 1 same issue I’m new here n didn’t know sorry

that's fine - it was just a little confusing. You put your question as a response to someone else's post rather than started a new thread for it. I know you're new and it's fine - you're not the first and certainly not the last, so no worries!

4 hours ago, MissPennyP said:

I eat the Protein foods first

ie. The chicken, the tuna, the eggs the Peanut Butter spoonful , the cheese etc

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I don't think you should be eating grilled chicken, Peanut Butter, tuna and egg salad with mayo added, etc.. 20 days after surgery. you really need to consume 2 or 3 protien shakes per day to print your system into balance.

45 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I’m sorry that I put it in the reply I Musta hit the reply button by mistake but it didn’t give me the option to post a new thread my apologies

From your screenshot it says you consumed 300+ calories for breakfast...

What was your total calories for the entire day? (I'm unsure if the 668 shown for calories is total consumed? Or total remaining?)

E65314AA-5C14-49B0-9FB3-D76633893D28.thumb.png.d8baef3f46931901f856487b043c94d4.png

8 minutes ago, Fatboyslim1 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I don't think you should be eating grilled chicken, Peanut Butter, tuna and egg salad with mayo added, etc.. 20 days after surgery. you really need to consume 2 or 3 protien shakes per day to print your system into balance.

I am on Soft diet right now I wasn’t able to get any kind of Protein Shake no matter how I tried premade mixes unflavored flavorless flavored water or anything I would throw it all up I talk to my nutritionist she said I could eat eggs Peanut Butter chicken tuna as long as my stomach could handle it the first stage after my surgery was liquids I did that for a week then then full liquids I did that for a Couple of days and still wasn’t getting enough Protein so my nutritionist Said I can go to soft diet and eat my protein that way Of course I did the purée stage in between as well February 3 I go on to Regular diet I can eat whatever I want then

I just did what my nutritionist said

Edited by MissPennyP
Added

This one is too strange. Just drink some protien shakes and move on. The idea that you can eat grilled chicken, Peanut Butter and tuna salad, but not a protien shake is above my pay grade. Good luck with your journey.

Yes that’s easy for you to say if I could get down the Proteins shakes and not throw them up. do you think I’d be here asking questions If I could , I just explained what my nutritionist told me to do And I’m going to move on by

Edited by MissPennyP

The reason you are virtually required to drink protien shakes is because your new digestive system is still in the healing stage and not yet fully functioning. There is no way you are absorbing much protien from a piece of chicken at this stage. You might as we be eating cardboard from a nutritional sense.

The Protien shakes/supplements are not a "treat" they are a virtual necessity to get your body into a digestive rhythm.

Best of luck moving forward and hopefully your nutritionist can help you out. I will end with your original quote on one of these threads where I think you were questioning if your doctor may have actually done your surgery wrong. This kind of strangeness, coupled with the protien shake issue is just too strange for normal discourse.

Best of luck.

Yeah I'm 3 months post op and still need shakes to reach my Protein goals; id be lost without shakes..

Try different brands. Use powder with Water. I had to try like 3 brands before I found one I like..

Sometimes life is hard, and you have to push through things, even if it is a struggle. You will be much better off in the end if you maintain good nutrition during the next several months.

Maybe it's a lactose issue then you'll need either pure isolate or pea or soy protein..

Personally i think there's something wrong if a person can't drink shakes they are very important for a number of reasons...