Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss slow down

Had vsg in July 2019 ,but now I'm stuck at 217 from 298 in this normal? and now I'm all ways hungry?ask my doctor and all the say is everyone is different. I completely under stand that ,but I'm I doing somethings wronge.just wonder if anyone experiencing this as well .thanks in advance for your help

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Have a close look at everything your consuming liquid and food

Hello I have my surgery on January 6, 2020 and I just got a question in the beginning I wasn’t able to get any of the Protein Shakes or mixes of any kind down I would throw it all up , so I was fast forward to more softer foods so I can get Protein out of what I eat as of right now I am 20 days out from surgery and I haven’t lost any weight I gained is there any reason for that ?
Surgery wait 230 , four days later 237 , on 14 January I went down to 221 , A week later I went to see my nutritionist for the first time since surgery and I went back up to 229 now I have also had a hernia repair at the same time as my surgery right after surgery for four days I wasn’t hungry now I’m constantly hungry and I’m getting approximately 50 to 60 g of protein a day

6 minutes ago, MissPennyP said:

Hello I have my surgery on January 6, 2020 and I just got a question in the beginning I wasn’t able to get any of the Protein Shakes or mixes of any kind down I would throw it all up , so I was fast forward to more softer foods so I can get Protein out of what I eat as of right now I am 20 days out from surgery and I haven’t lost any weight I gained is there any reason for that ?
Surgery wait 230 , four days later 237 , on 14 January I went down to 221 , A week later I went to see my nutritionist for the first time since surgery and I went back up to 229 now I have also had a hernia repair at the same time as my surgery right after surgery for four days I wasn’t hungry now I’m constantly hungry and I’m getting approximately 50 to 60 g of Protein a day

Sounds like you may be consuming too many carbs/sugar..?

What do you eat each day?

Breakfast consists of a half scrambled egg then I start my Water consumption lunch tuna salad more water consumption I sometimes do pick in between it’ll be a string cheeseOr sugarless applesauce or sugar-free popsicle . dinner it will be grilled chicken if I have anything left in my stomach room for a little bit of mashed potatoes a spoonful of peanut butter
More water consumption maybe I have to get more water in the day

im on soft food stage right now

Edited by MissPennyP
Had to add something

That all seems fine.. Do you put dressing on sauces on salad or chicken?

Doesn't look like you're getting much Protein?

Okay well I'm confused how you can't be losing anything?

I personally have about double that amount of Protein though and less carbs; like Keto without the fat...

That’s what I’m saying I’m confused too I talk to my nutritionist and she said she’s not worried about it but I am now granite before my surgery before my 10 day pre-op diet I was 271 now 228 that is a considerable weight loss but now that I had the surgery I’m 20 days past my surgery and I am not losing any I gained I’m starting to wonder whether he did the operation right or not

Edited by MissPennyP
Miss spelled

From your screenshot it says you consumed 300+ calories for breakfast...

What was your total calories for the entire day? (I'm unsure if the 668 shown for calories is total consumed? Or total remaining?)

11 hours ago, msilva_777 said:

Had vsg in July 2019 ,but now I'm stuck at 217 from 298 in this normal? and now I'm all ways hungry?ask my doctor and all the say is everyone is different. I completely under stand that ,but I'm I doing somethings wronge.just wonder if anyone experiencing this as well .thanks in advance for your helpemoji16.png emoji15.png

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

This thread is a little confusing because two different posters have posted two different problems. I'm responding to the original posters here:

OP - how long have you been stuck at 217? If it's just a week or two, you're in a stall. If you're talking a month or more, then you're eating enough calories to throw you into maintenance.

if it's been just a couple of weeks, just keep sticking to your plan and your weight will eventually start dropping again. If it's been more than a month, then try cutting your calories by about 100 per day. If after a couple of week you're still not losing, cut by another 100 and see what happens. Rinse and repeat until the weight loss starts up again.

as for the hunger - yes, it does eventually return for most of us, unfortunately - and things get more challenging after that 😞

Edited by catwoman7

Good point @catwoman7...didn't realize there were two different posters probs on here!

Oopsies

@msilva_777: what @catwoman7 said. Also it would help others troubleshoot if you updated your profile with your stats and provide a couple day's worth of data of what exactly you eat/drink in a day.

@MissPennyP : see above...