Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my surgery yesterday the 23rd at 7am. Those gas pains are no joke! Feeling a lot better today hopefully they send me home today but the doctor wants me to drink two bottles of Water but even when I sip it hurts and I get nauseous. I just want to get better and hope to heal quick. I was getting cold feet but this support group helped me push through this. You guy are awesome!

congrads - Keep moving walk move go outside if you live in florida - the more you move the faster the gas gets out. Do not just lay there move sip move sip move sip

Welcome to the journey you will love it

6 hours ago, Love27 said:

I got my surgery yesterday the 23rd at 7am. Those gas pains are no joke! Feeling a lot better today hopefully they send me home today but the doctor wants me to drink two bottles of Water but even when I sip it hurts and I get nauseous. I just want to get better and hope to heal quick. I was getting cold feet but this support group helped me push through this. You guy are awesome!

I got twinges in my stomach every time I sipped right after surgery but it got better day by day. sugar free popsicles were my go to as I could handle those with little issue. Hang in there and keep sipping.

Congrats! Welcome to the other side! The Water was a problem for me also, just keep sipping at it and it WILL get easier. The walking really helps also.

Once you get home you'll start to feel better right away. Ease into the drinking--don't expect to be able to chug down 64 ounces right away. I'm two months out and my nutritionist is satisfied that I can usually only get in 48 ounces a day. Not all of us are camels...😁

Oh yeah, what Uomograsso said--those sugar free popsicles are a lifesaver!

Edited by JRT Mom

Congrats! I got nauseous once in the hospital when they had me swallow a tylenol but that's it. I can't do the SF popsicles because they have sucralose - be careful of that! But yes KEEP sipping, slow and sure, every single day you will feel and be and get better - get up and move, it will be easy to want to lay and recover but once home, get up and move even if it's just walking around your coffee table over and over 🙂 Good luck and I agree this community is great!

Congratulations.

I had a lot of swelling after my surgery & had trouble swallowing. Trying to take all the meds was terribly painful as was drinking. The swelling did reduce after a couple of days & I found it easy to swallow again.

Take it slowly. Listen to your body. Follow your surgeon’s plan. You can do it.