Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are y'all like this?

Before I got my RNY I didn't even think about eating--I ate when I was hungry, but didn't give it any thought. Now that I've had the RNY all I think about all day is eating--not because of hunger, but because this is such a process now! Plan all those Vitamins, drink all that Water, eat your protein--it seems like all day I'm either eating, taking pills, or drinking! It's certainly not mindless any more--it almost takes a day planner to get it all done. I have a pill box like an old granny lady.

Does it get to the point where it is a bit more "organic" and less of a job?

Edited by JRT Mom

Yes its called Pre and Pre made meals - Sunday i do the whole week - Done in a hour and in the fridge for the week - Some i cook some i just portion out

Nope. Before surgery I was obsessed with food and eating and eating large volumes.

Now, I do 2 no-brainer 5 minute meals...snacks as needed. And then an easy dinner. I usually cook the Protein 1-2x for the week and then morph dinners into lucky leftovers. So meals are like 10-15 minutes from fridge to table for 2. If I'm not hungry, I skip whatever meal was planned and move along little dogey.

Example:

B1 - Protein Latte x 3 (cuz it's mah jam and I love it)

Breakfast - Egg/ham/light cheese/salsa steamed egg (<5mins total prep and cooking)

lunch - Turkey cheese Wrap with arugula, po, rbp and WF Italian dressing + baby carrots or grape toms

Dinner - Made IP French chicken last week and also have leftover enchilada sauce, so this week am making Tex-Mex Chicken Lasagna Boats with mixed salad side.

BS - Protein banana puddin' if needed.

3 hours ago, JRT Mom said:

Before I got my RNY I didn't even think about eating--I ate when I was hungry, but didn't give it any thought. Now that I've had the RNY all I think about all day is eating--not because of hunger, but because this is such a process now! Plan all those Vitamins, drink all that Water, eat your protein--it seems like all day I'm either eating, taking pills, or drinking! It's certainly not mindless any more--it almost takes a day planner to get it all done. I have a pill box like an old granny lady.

Same.

I didn't obsess much over food before WLS, but after surgery it became necessary to track everything so i felt i was focusing too much on food. I didn't care for the amount of effort that took so I resorted to eating variations of the same thing, often. I can estimate my intake this way and that makes it easier for me now. I can now focus on other things more 🌈

Hopefully down the line you will find a method that works for you. But do try to stay diligent and aware to keep the possibility of recidivism low.

Good Luck 💚

4 hours ago, JRT Mom said:

Absolutely ! It does seem to be getting more natural and less bothersome every couple of weeks . Eating is no longer enjoyable though at this point, just necessary .

I sort of do the same thing--I have bought a bunch of the 4 ounce plastic containers and everything I fix get portioned into them. Now my fridge is full of little square boxes, so I just grab one at random.

I still find eating enjoyable-I just get full on one half cup of food. It still tastes good!

Yeah I was opposite way to much carbs hungry constantly.

I could eat a meal for 3 then an hour later be hungry and raiding the fridge all night...

If I went to a buffet I would eat like 5 plates of food until I was told to leave then 2hrs later I would get a bucket of KFC...

I was eating waaaay tooo much carbs fat sugar all the bad stuff that was killing me..

Now I'm rarely hungry.

I can watch cooking shows and not even care.

RNY was the best decision ever and I'm nearly at my goal already 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Jeeze mikey a whole bucket? You must have been really hungry pre RNY

I was living very unhealthy killing myself over many years

Got any pictures with a bucket of kfc? You know what they say pics or it didnt happen.