Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blossom Bariatrics In Las Vegas

Just wondering if anyone used the fasttrack at Blossom Bariatrics. I am scheduled for the sleeve the week of 3/8. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have quit smoking, but what happens if I have a puff or two before the surgery. Do they test for nicotine? Will I be denied surgery? I am flying across the country to have this done and don't want to have to reschedule as I am paying out of pocket.

I heard that some people and places have done nicotine test and failed and surgery was canceled for them. I never smoked so they never tested me. Good luck and I was scare, excited and almost backed out of my surgery but I did not. Best thing and my 2 yr anniversary is in March..

I can't speak for that facility but have seen patients on the message board say they were postponed based on the nicotine test even though they hadn't smoked in weeks

Hi - I had my surgery there on December 23 but was supposed to have it on November 22. They wouldn't go through with it the first time because my blood pressure was too high. I'm not a smoker so I dont know if they do a nicotine test but I wouldn't chance it. They are very careful

they tested all of use a few months beforehand, but I"ve heard of people on this and/or other bariatric forms who got tested right before surgery, too.

I had to have a negative nicotine test BEFORE they would even schedule my surgery which is now 3 months away (April 7th 2020). And I have to remain smoke free until my surgery. So they do that here and I am in Michigan

Just wondering if anyone used the fasttrack at Blossom Bariatrics. I am scheduled for the sleeve the week of 3/8. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have quit smoking, but what happens if I have a puff or two before the surgery. Do they test for nicotine? Will I be denied surgery? I am flying across the country to have this done and don't want to have to reschedule as I am paying out of pocket.

Hello. I had surgery at Blossom Bariatrics in August. I too, flew across the country. I have also been an OR nurse for a long time. Blossom is TOP notch. You will be given absolutely the best care beyond every single person you meet. Do not cheat with smoking. I have read in their literature that your surgery will be cancelled if nicotine positive. Also nicotine impairs healing. I chewed nicotine gum for years. Try wearing a patch and taper off. If I can do it u can! They saved my life. They r there for you. Lean on your fast track coordinator when u feel weak or down. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/21/2020 at 10:41 AM, glannin said:

I had to have a negative nicotine test BEFORE they would even schedule my surgery which is now 3 months away (April 7th 2020). And I have to remain smoke free until my surgery. So they do that here and I am in Michigan

Hi - I am in Michigan too and am exploring having the surgery. Can you tell me where you are having your surgery. Also, what's the process been like with your insurance? I have BCBS.

On 1/25/2020 at 6:13 PM, Joy B. said:

Hi - I am in Michigan too and am exploring having the surgery. Can you tell me where you are having your surgery. Also, what's the process been like with your insurance? I have BCBS.

I am going through U of M hospital. They have a great clinic I started in May and now surgery in April, I have the U of M premier care insurance which is part of BCBS. I had my first appointment in May to talk about what type of surgery they offer and they also require that you do 6 consecutive visits for 6 months. Also a support group (only had to do 1) and of course the Neuropsych testing. It went by really fast. I would of had my surgery done by now but I had to give up smoking which I did in December, and once that test came back negative they were able to schedule me for the surgery which is april 7th 2020 plus I still need to have a negative nicotine screen before the surgery