Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery November 19, 2018. I have not been constant with my Vitamins. My face has suffered. I have dark circles under my eyes and my face looks ashy. I do not eat much, tried drinking milk because I don’t take my vitamins .

Fully screwed up myself also - However i got my head out of my Ass and got on track - 3 months later i am perfectly balanced out -

Get a blood test and see where you are messed up and then get on it - It is key to this journey as you see below i may be a little OCD about it now

Vitamins.jpg

OMG, that is a lot. I want to take only 1 pill, capsule, or whatever. Y so many?

1 minute ago, FAT2FLAT43 said:

OMG, that is a lot. I want to take only 1 pill, capsule, or whatever. Y so many?

how many and what kinds of Vitamins did your surgeon recommend that you take? If they never said or if you don't remember, I would have some bloodwork done to see where you're at and ask your doctor for his/her recommendation. I know you want convenience, but this is your life and health...

That is not a lot - Now some of them i only take once a week - For example what i eat has alot of Calcium in it so i very rarely take the calcium. It all depends on how healthy you eat and what the blood work says! No other way to do it.

Takes a second to take so not like its going to the gym for a hour and half,

I take as shot of the liquid vitamins every night -

I use the GNC powder Multi Vitamins in my Protein Drink

I take 3 mixed multi a day - One GNC 50 mix - and Two Bariatric fusions.

Definitely overkill-!!

I take my B12 1000mcg once a day

Calcium 500mcg +vitD 1000mcg 2x a day

Multivitamin 2x a day

That's all I've been told by my Dr.

Definalty not saying I am a Doctor - However i have found a generic take two and call me in the morning approach is not good for Everyone. If you get a blood test you will see how far off this take two and call me approach is, I needed a ton more then what my Doc said to take.

I'll be getting blood test in a couple weeks 😀

I have a sleeve and this is my prescribed regimen. Now that I eat a balanced diet and am 15 months out, this seems excessive and like the One A Day Women’s Vitamin should be enough. I'm going to ask about it.

Morning:

• One A Day Women’s Vitamin

Vitamin D 2,000

• Vitamin B12 500 mcg

• Vitron C Iron

• Viactive Calcium with lunch

• Viactive Calcium with dinner

• Viactive Calcium at Bedtime

1 hour ago, Superman84 said:

Definitely overkill-!!

I take my B12 1000mcg once a day

Calcium 500mcg +vitD 1000mcg 2x a day

Multivitamin 2x a day

That's all I've been told by my Dr.

I agree with Superman. I personally was told today to keep taking my B12 5000 once a day at 7am. I also take three 500 calcium citrate w/ 500 Vitamin D pills and three stool softeners liquid capsules at 7am, 12pm, and at 3pm. I last take a 1 a-day BariatricPal multivitamin w/ Iron 45 chewable at 6pm and I'm done. I also take some other non related meds at 6pm.

Edited by Slimming Down Steve

57 minutes ago, JessLess said:

I have a sleeve and this is my prescribed regimen. Now that I eat a balanced diet and am 15 months out, this seems excessive and like the One A Day Women’s Vitamin should be enough. I'm going to ask about it.

Morning:

• One A Day Women’s Vitamin

Vitamin D 2,000

• Vitamin B12 500 mcg

• Vitron C Iron

• Viactive Calcium with lunch

• Viactive Calcium with dinner

• Viactive Calcium at Bedtime

I'm not a professional at all, but I thought you really don't have to take any Vitamins or supplements with the sleeve. I also was reading that today on a poster in my surgeons office while waiting for the surgeon to come in. The chart on the poster was from 2012 so things might of changed since then.

I think my surgeon is extra careful. Plus all the Calcium might keep me from breaking a hip later.

I see several of you mentioned B12, which my doctor did not recommend. I only take a Multi-Vitamin, Calcium and Vitamin D. What is the B12 for?

2 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

I see several of you mentioned B12, which my doctor did not recommend. I only take a Multi-Vitamin, Calcium and Vitamin D. What is the B12 for?

RNY patients lack the intrinsic factor to absorb it, so we're supposed to take it either sublingually or via injection (you can't even take a regular tablet due to the malabsorption. It's normally absorbed in the first part of the small intestine that's (more-or-less) bypassed.

4 hours ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

I'm not a professional at all, but I thought you really don't have to take any Vitamins or supplements with the sleeve. I also was reading that today on a poster in my surgeons office while waiting for the surgeon to come in. The chart on the poster was from 2012 so things might of changed since then.

it may depend on the surgeon. Mine has the sleeve patients on the same Vitamin regimen as the bypass patients.