Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discouraged and need advice

I use MyFittnesspal.com to log my food, Water and exercise. I use the free version and really like it!

9 hours ago, nevermore71 said:

He's wrong or you misunderstood him. Ninety-nine percent of people do not lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Most likely you hit the 3 week plateau which slowed you down. Hang in there.

I agree. 99% of people do NOT lose 20 lbs in two weeks. Most of us lose that in the entire first MONTH, if even that much. Either you heard him wrong, or he has no idea what he's talking about.

9 hours ago, Seimmaj said:

I have been drinking the regular versions. I tried the zero versions.. However they are much too sweet for me.

I will discuss this too with the nutritionist tomorrow. And the crushed ice idea is great i will try that as well

that could be your first problem. Sugary drinks are loaded with empty calories. Try to find a very low or no calorie beverage that you can tolerate.

I also lost less than 20lbs my first month, maybe 10-15? 😔

But I'm a firm believer that the longevity of our loss (maintenance ❤) is much more important that the initial pace.

Stay focused on your _____ year plans

Good Luck 🎉

No more Gatorade and track everything.

If you like you can post a couple days worth of EVERYTHING you eat/drink in a day and the many folks on here can help you troubleshoot...

(It's difficult at best to chime in with food advice if we don't know EXACTLY what you are eating)

Edited by ms.sss

It’s 100% the full sugar Gatorade that’s slowing things a bit (and probably the salt isn’t helping either). I also recommend Vitamin Water zero cut with water if it’s too sweet.

I’m seven weeks out this Wednesday and I’m having the exact same issue. I know how frustrating this is!
I look at it as our bodies resetting themselves.
Hang in there and keep the faith. It has to turn around sooner or later.

I’m two weeks post-op VSG and lost 13 pounds since surgery. Following every detail of liquid diet and walking and beginning to think I’m not losing fast enough. Thank you to everyone for your answers. I also thought I should have lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks? So easy to get discouraged. Today was first day eating purées so I opted for baby food (green beans) and was able to eat 3 oz with no problem so then thought my sleeve might be too large. No Water 1/2 hour before or after meals either. Vitamin water and Powerade zero mixed with water and hot lemon water are my only fluids. Thanks for the encouragement.

Thank you to anyone who has had suggestions or words of encouragement for me.

I have since talked to the nutritionist and she says that i just need to be positive. That even though i only lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks the loss of inches is great. I have taken into consideration about the full sugar and calories in the regular gatorade. I am now mixing them with at least a large glass of ice. I dont believe i am losing anywhere near where i should be however the loss of inches is giving me something to look forward to .

Thank you again!!

You need to get rid of the regular gatorade it's full of bad sugars; mixing it won't do anything..

Sugar turns into fat and spikes your insulin..

You need to remove all bad sugars from your life

2 minutes ago, Superman84 said:

You need to get rid of the regular gatorade it's full of bad sugars; mixing it won't do anything..

Sugar turns into fat and spikes your insulin..

You need to remove all bad sugars from your life

My nutritionist told me it was fine to drink them as long as its mixed with ice :)

Well I sacked my nutritionist because she was hopeless. Don't listen to me even though I've lost a lb a day pretty much everyday for 5 months - 132lbs !

Good luck on your journey!!

My nutritionist would lose her mind if she heard that. It’s honestly the same as drinking sugary soda. Empty calories that will bloat you and the sugar will turn to fat. I’d suggest trying some sugar free drinks for a week and seeing if that makes a difference. Just adding ice won’t change the fact that these are awful drinks for weight loss.