Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Micheal Michelle, Summerville, SC

I had a robotic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy with Dr. Michael Michelle at the Summerville Medical Center in South Carolina. I really loved my experience with Dr. Michael and the team at the Coastal Carolina Bariatric and Surgical Center. Every member of the team is helpful and supportive. I give my surgeon and the bariatric center a 5/5. With regard to the Summerville Medical Center, I would give it a 2.5. I did not feel there was adequate nursing staff overnight. Due to this, I had to unhook and reattach my own IPC device multiple times during the night because I had to use the bathroom frequently (due to the IV).

I had the same surgeon and the do the robotic rny and hernia repair surgery. I agree with your thoughts although I had no problems at Summerville Medical Center.

excellent surgeon and excellent bedside manner. I highly recommend him.

Edited by Losingit2018

That's good to know. I didn't know about robotic surgery.

4 hours ago, GradyCat said:

They offered it to me in Massachusetts but I wanted the single incision so it wasn't an option.

13 hours ago, JessLess said:

They offered it to me in Massachusetts but I wanted the single incision so it wasn't an option.

What surgery did you have with only one incision?

17 hours ago, GradyCat said:

It is an option depending on the surgeon you have. I love that mine was robotic because my incisions are very, very small.

On 1/19/2020 at 8:01 PM, PlanetHopper said:
8 hours ago, PlanetHopper said:

What surgery did you have with only one incision?

Gastric Sleeve. The incision is inside my navel so you can't see it. My surgeon told me she did it on lower BMI patients, (like 35). I was 40 and talked her into giving it a try. I posted a picture before if you want to see.

Most people's scars are tiny and not noticeable, and it would have been fine if she had done it the regular way.

3 hours ago, JessLess said:

Gastric Sleeve. The incision is inside my navel so you can't see it. My surgeon told me she did it on lower BMI patients, (like 35). I was 40 and talked her into giving it a try. I posted a picture before if you want to see.

Most people's scars are tiny and not noticeable, and it would have been fine if she had done it the regular way.

Oh, I see. I have a naval incision also (along with 4 others). Thats an interesting technique your surgeon has! Id love to see your photo. Where can I find it?

Here you go.

IMG_1441.jpg.baeede10465e0e85757c5b0f45ae19fb.jpg

I have a navel incision as well. All of my other incisions are pretty small so they don’t bother me at all. Of course I have no plans to wear a bikini in the near future either. :)

13 hours ago, PlanetHopper said:

It is an option depending on the surgeon you have. I love that mine was robotic because my incisions are very, very small.

Me too and I had rny. Much smaller than my non Robotic sleeve incisions although they are pretty small As well.

6 minutes ago, Losingit2018 said:

I have a navel incision as well. All of my other incisions are pretty small so they don’t bother me at all. Of course I have no plans to wear a bikini in the near future either. :)

I'm 49 and I've never worn one before... LOL Seems unlikely.