Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🎈 Pity Party🎈

On 2/5/2020 at 10:44 PM, Arabesque said:

I’m devastated. And I know it’s a first world devastation but it doesn’t take away from the depression I’m in now.

I’ve admitted I’m a shoe ***** but I also love clothes. Not trendy stuff but pieces that are different, special & not found in every shopping centre. Pieces that are never ‘out of fashion’.

One of my rewards for losing this weight was I would be able to fully indulge my passion for certain designers like I once could. I didn’t want a tattoo. I didn’t want to be able to run a marathon. I wanted a wardrobe of gorgeous clothes & to be able to wear high heels again. Superficial I know but it’s my addiction.

It’s like art to me. The fabrics, the cut, the designs are just so beautiful. They make me happy. I keep the pieces for ever & as I was losing this weight it was a joy to wear my old favourites again though these archived pieces are all too large for me now because I’m the smallest I’ve ever been.

Well, I just went to my favourite boutique (my dealer) to buy (get my fix) from the new seasons of three of my favourite designers (my drugs of choice) and NOTHING FIT. Absolutely nothing! The smallest sizes they had (size 38) were all too big. Some like hugely too big. I even put on the only size 36 they had, pants, & I could take them off without undoing the button or zip. WTF!?!?

I did have trouble when shopping in Melbourne last month but this was the lowest point.

I’m experiencing withdrawal symptoms. I’m going to have to visit net-a-porter but virtual shopping isnt the same as physically touching & trying the clothes on in a store. More tears. 😭

Have you ever thought of coming to the states like our cities NYC, LA, Miami, Atlanta, Boston or Chicago to shop? I, too, have trouble fitting into clothing that is sized correctly, well-constructed (like you said, art) and proportioned for petite XS and, in some cases XXS. The surrounding villages/towns of all these major cities have amazing boutique shoppes to your absolute delight! Have you ever shopped at Saks Fifth Avenue? I have found some nice ready made dresses, slacks and unique pieces in suitable sizes. Bloomingdales, too. Their sales can be very rewarding as I re-build my classic wardrobe slowly. All my shoes and beautiful couture full figure clothing are all gone now. I grieved them - I wanted to look nice even in a size 1, 2 or 3X. Whomever adopts them is one lucky individual considering not only their cost, excellent condition but the time, effort and travel to procure them... My garment seamstress has quickly become my best friend. Shopping on line is simply not the same experience. I hate to think we might loose all our fine department stores. Wish there could be a balance. I like Amazon, too. And, I like to support our local businesses as well. The average American size is now 12 in the states but has shifted to a 10. The American consumer does not want to admit that they are actually a size 12 or 14. Clothing sizes have shifted upwards and should be taken with a grain of salt fueled by deceptive advertising + marketing + sales. True sizing can still be found in high-end boutiques, most designer goods and vintage shops. And, they will tell you the truth via your measurements. I love upscale consignment shops especially garments made in the 40's, 50's, 60's and labeled small...they really are an authentic small! I feel for you. Not shopping too much yet after plastics but know I will have a similar issue. I like quality not quantity - mix and match and eclectic.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:36 AM, ms.sss said:

Ok, so I bought a pineapple at costco the other day (they were on sale!) and made 2 HUGE batches of pineapple Water.

I tried it hot, but seem to prefer it cold, so I poured the pineapple Water into all these empty kombucha drink bottles we had and they are taking up a good portion of the fridge with them. I probably have about 3-4 weeks worth. Yikes.

I'm on day 3 of drinking it (1 bottle a day) and don't see any swell decrease, but I have been waiting for my period to come so there is that...

*crosses fingers and hopes for the best*

#atLeastItTastesGood

P.S. I made the mistake of eating some of the actual pineapple an got a really bad dumping episode.

P.P.S. Ingredients: Pineapple rind, pineapple core, ginger root, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, turmeric, five spice, cayenne, erythritol-stevia blend.

A64CAF88-FD27-444F-B441-8A340C40F5F1.thumb.JPG.c3319abc364f5fe86bbb14b0928d375e.JPG

Ohhhhh I want a few bottles!!! Do you deliver? Haha.

12 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

True sizing can still be found in high-end boutiques, most designer goods and vintage shops.

I firmly agree. I bought a vintage ballroom style long tutu that was labeled either a 10 or 12 ... And they meant it 😂. It fits me how a modern 6 or 8 now fits.

Edited by GreenTealael

I guiltily admit I buy 90% of my clothing from high end boutiques. I have a very good one down the road from me - an institution in Brisbane for 40+yrs. I’ve been a regular for decades from when I was a size 10 to size 18 often popping in just to say hi & chat.

They stock labels from Japan, Germany & Belgium as well as some Aust lines. I’m waiting for the Comme des Garcon range to go on the floor as her sizes are small. I bought a few archive (from the 1990s) Comme pieces in Melbourne but there was one dress I couldn’t even get on!

The average Aust size is about a 16 (US 12) now too. Aust size 8 or XS is often the smallest size boutiques stock in Aust so needing a size 6 or XXS now is why I’m having trouble.

I just hit the online sale of a Scandinavian avant-gard designer a friend loves so I’m hoping the clothes I bought will fit. Only Selfridges had the latest range of one of the Belgian designers I love but not the pieces I was seeking. Saks still had last season’s which I have.

13 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I guiltily admit I buy 90% of my clothing from high end boutiques. I have a very good one down the road from me - an institution in Brisbane for 40+yrs. I’ve been a regular for decades from when I was a size 10 to size 18 often popping in just to say hi & chat.

They stock labels from Japan, Germany & Belgium as well as some Aust lines. I’m waiting for the Comme des Garcon range to go on the floor as her sizes are small. I bought a few archive (from the 1990s) Comme pieces in Melbourne but there was one dress I couldn’t even get on!

The average Aust size is about a 16 (US 12) now too. Aust size 8 or XS is often the smallest size boutiques stock in Aust so needing a size 6 or XXS now is why I’m having trouble.

I just hit the online sale of a Scandinavian avant-gard designer a friend loves so I’m hoping the clothes I bought will fit. Only Selfridges had the latest range of one of the Belgian designers I love but not the pieces I was seeking. Saks still had last season’s which I have.

And here I am wearing $30 Amazon dresses feeling confident af to meetings with C level exec's of billion dollar corporations. I need to reevaluate.

Image result for embarrassed gif reaction

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

And here I am wearing $30 Amazon dresses feeling confident af to meetings with C level exec's of billion dollar corporations. I need to reevaluate.

Same, all while globe trotting in my rare upscale finds, Amazon deals of the day, hand couture standbys and Rainbow shops mélange

confusedladymathmeme-5ab6ad1d8e1b6e0037eb6fe8.thumb.png.d3c025f4d580e88fe504270ed0e3651e.png

Edited by GreenTealael

On 02/14/2020 at 11:50, sillykitty said:

😂😂
I’m in-between.
I’ve got a handful of the $30 Amazon finds, but dozens of things <$30 from the high- end consignment store.
Okay, I do plan on shopping some more boutiques, but need to see where I settle in and I’m firmly waiting til after 3 yrs PO/after plastics before I start to build my “forever wardrobe”

For now, I’ll hit the consignment store once a month, and shop Amazon when I need something specific (like a red dress for valentines day) and be happy with the balance

Oh I do buy from high street stores in fact have a dress on now I picked up for $40. 😁 I often also mix high end with high street especially tops to go with pants, skirts & under jackets. Never been a big online shopper - like being able to feel the textures & see the true colour of fabrics. Plus being short & curvy means I’m not always easy to fit so I’d send a lot of stuff back. Plus I like the immediate gratification of buying in stores. (Oh yeah baby) And I do love a good sale and loyalty rewards. Just before Christmas I picked up a $50 linen blend T for free - paid for with loyalty dollars. Woo hoo.

Throwing my own pity party ....

Went away for Valentine's weekend and didn't get to go dancing and wear one of my tastefully slutty outfits. AND, if I had known I could have packed a whole lots less and we could have taken the fun car, not the practical car 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Warning, I'm not going to be my best self here ... I love my bf to death but why do all men overreact to being a little sick?? I get it, you have the sniffles, we'e going out for drinks and dancing, not climbing Everest.

11 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Throwing my own pity party ....

Went away for Valentine's weekend and didn't get to go dancing and wear one of my tastefully slutty outfits. AND, if I had known I could have packed a whole lots less and we could have taken the fun car, not the practical car 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Warning, I'm not going to be my best self here ... I love my bf to death but why do all men overreact to being a little sick?? I get it, you have the sniffles, we'e going out for drinks and dancing, not climbing Everest.

I'm right there with you, my BF suddenly became ill yesterday & you would have thought he needed to be in ICU 😳, meanwhile I was fresh out of surgeries cooking and cleaning. I'm doing it all wrong 😭

Omg, so my husband is generally just the best ever at spoiling me and taking up the slack when work gets crazy, except for when he’s feeling under the weather.
Then you would think that the world is ending.

Same! if he has a cold he will sound sick but when someone asks him if hes sick he will make himself sound wayyyy worse. Then he starts coming up with other symptoms he thinks he has 🙄

On 2/14/2020 at 11:50 AM, sillykitty said:

I’m dying, this is SO ME.

I made 3 cornices this weekend and was so proud. Now I’m worried when people will come over they will figure out that I made all 3 of them for a total of $60, and that I bought a duvet cover for the fabric.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

28 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I’m dying, this is SO ME.

I made 3 cornices this weekend and was so proud. Now I’m worried when people will come over they will figure out that I made all 3 of them for a total of $60, and that I bought a duvet cover for the fabric.

Pics??