Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Hobbies or interests anyone?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Lynda486 said:

have a garage full of the same cabinets. What is the process you go thru to paint them?

I take the doors and hardware off, if the drawers come out easily I take those out too, otherwise I just paint with them in place and maneuver around them as they dry.

*you can also paint with doors on, just tape off hinges well.

Just make sure you keep track of all the hardware pieces.

Clean with Krud Kutter rinse well , sand using 220 or so just to scuff up the surface and give the primer something to hold onto. Wipe it down again. Tape off areas like walls, then 2 coats of primer followed by 2 coats of paint. A lot of it depends on which paint you choose.

The paint I use dries in an hour, the primer takes 4 so you can do it in one day, but I usually do it in 2.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

On 4/11/2020 at 7:21 PM, Cheeseburgh said:

Finished the basement kitchenette! Painted the cabinets, Added hardware, added peel and stick backsplash and painted, yes, painted the countertops with gray enamel paint.

I wouldn’t have picked this color but it looks fine. There are zero windows in that corner so I wanted a brighter color.

0F0D88A3-1FB7-4EA5-A388-28E1EF2A2357.jpeg

Im curious about the countertops... New or painted

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Im curious about the countertops... New or painted

I painted them, I was surprised how nice they turned out. No special equipment either, just a good paintbrush & great paint.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:08 PM, Cheeseburgh said:

I painted them, I was surprised how nice they turned out. No special equipment either, just a good paintbrush & great paint.

Which paint?

Wise Owl one hour enamel plus their primer. *Not the chalk synthesis paint.
It’s a bit pricey but worth every penny. I use a Cling-on brush with it and it ends up so smooth. You can order from them directly or look up a retailer near you on their site.

Wise Owl

Posted (edited)

77D9F6BB-4A51-40E2-985A-6A4E4CB1F41D.jpeg

F8BD6C85-28F5-4DCE-9911-C063BDC197D7.jpeg @GreenTealael Here is a better picture. Excuse my before picture, you never know what is lurking in unused cabinets in my house, including a dragon!

Edited by Cheeseburgh

4 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Wise Owl one hour enamel plus their primer. *Not the chalk synthesis paint.
It’s a bit pricey but worth every penny. I use a Cling-on brush with it and it ends up so smooth. You can order from them directly or look up a retailer near you on their site.

Wise Owl

56 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

77D9F6BB-4A51-40E2-985A-6A4E4CB1F41D.jpeg

F8BD6C85-28F5-4DCE-9911-C063BDC197D7.jpeg @GreenTealael Here is a better picture. Excuse my before picture, you never know what is lurking in unused cabinets in my house, including a dragon!

Thank you! I know someone who could really benefit from this instead of an entire kitchen renovation

All y'all make me sick!😁 Just kidding, I'm just jealous as all get-out of all y'alls talents. I just planted four Tomato plants for the first time in 40 years. I have a brown thumb--I've killed cactuses (cacti? Whatever the hell the plural of cactus is...)--so we'll see how they do.

It’s not new but I haven’t done it in a long time....kayak fishing. I’m faster and can actually move around in the thing and not worry about falling out all the time. It was night and day after I got in it after losing a good chunk of weight.

545B68E3-6478-4190-9C9F-2C259008B4BC.jpeg

Posted (edited)

My Pandemic Makeover: I should pitch this idea to HGTV lol

I’m almost finished with the Sunroom/4 season porch or whatever it’s called!
I found something I hate painting! I painted the walls (ugh) and trim, took down some hideous wall shelves which let me rearrange the furniture.

We are currently framing/trimming 4 of the windows with white wood so they don’t look like boxes of drywall. I’m going to get white wood blinds for the side windows that face a neighbors yard and then I should be done.

I’m really happy with how it turned out. I’ve never done anything like this before, I’ve always hired professionals.

Below are the before and after direct comparison and the 3rd picture is with the new furniture placement.

Now I want new cushions dammit.

603F2E87-A97C-4E01-8CBD-4711FFC97595.jpeg

8F796CF9-0469-4FC1-BE09-69D309C65059.jpeg

CBD00F25-5A57-4F1B-9729-21ADCACDAF54.jpeg

Edited by Cheeseburgh

I've been helping more with my family's vegetable and herb gardens this year. The tomatoes are already flourishing. I get really excited seeing the green Beans sprout because I love me some green beans.

Here’s my latest project. It was a lot of work, and a lot of oak!

36BD679D-B8CA-4FD4-8B6A-13A911F08D50.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Here’s my latest project. It was a lot of work, and a lot of oak!

36BD679D-B8CA-4FD4-8B6A-13A911F08D50.jpeg

What a difference a coat of paint makes!!