Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Hobbies or interests anyone?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Lynda486 said:

have a garage full of the same cabinets. What is the process you go thru to paint them?

I take the doors and hardware off, if the drawers come out easily I take those out too, otherwise I just paint with them in place and maneuver around them as they dry.

*you can also paint with doors on, just tape off hinges well.

Just make sure you keep track of all the hardware pieces.

Clean with Krud Kutter rinse well , sand using 220 or so just to scuff up the surface and give the primer something to hold onto. Wipe it down again. Tape off areas like walls, then 2 coats of primer followed by 2 coats of paint. A lot of it depends on which paint you choose.

The paint I use dries in an hour, the primer takes 4 so you can do it in one day, but I usually do it in 2.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

On 4/11/2020 at 7:21 PM, Cheeseburgh said:

Finished the basement kitchenette! Painted the cabinets, Added hardware, added peel and stick backsplash and painted, yes, painted the countertops with gray enamel paint.

I wouldn’t have picked this color but it looks fine. There are zero windows in that corner so I wanted a brighter color.

0F0D88A3-1FB7-4EA5-A388-28E1EF2A2357.jpeg

Im curious about the countertops... New or painted

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Im curious about the countertops... New or painted

I painted them, I was surprised how nice they turned out. No special equipment either, just a good paintbrush & great paint.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:08 PM, Cheeseburgh said:

I painted them, I was surprised how nice they turned out. No special equipment either, just a good paintbrush & great paint.

Which paint?

Wise Owl one hour enamel plus their primer. *Not the chalk synthesis paint.
It’s a bit pricey but worth every penny. I use a Cling-on brush with it and it ends up so smooth. You can order from them directly or look up a retailer near you on their site.

Wise Owl

Posted (edited)

77D9F6BB-4A51-40E2-985A-6A4E4CB1F41D.jpeg

F8BD6C85-28F5-4DCE-9911-C063BDC197D7.jpeg @GreenTealael Here is a better picture. Excuse my before picture, you never know what is lurking in unused cabinets in my house, including a dragon!

Edited by Cheeseburgh

4 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Wise Owl one hour enamel plus their primer. *Not the chalk synthesis paint.
It’s a bit pricey but worth every penny. I use a Cling-on brush with it and it ends up so smooth. You can order from them directly or look up a retailer near you on their site.

Wise Owl

56 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

77D9F6BB-4A51-40E2-985A-6A4E4CB1F41D.jpeg

F8BD6C85-28F5-4DCE-9911-C063BDC197D7.jpeg @GreenTealael Here is a better picture. Excuse my before picture, you never know what is lurking in unused cabinets in my house, including a dragon!

Thank you! I know someone who could really benefit from this instead of an entire kitchen renovation

All y'all make me sick!😁 Just kidding, I'm just jealous as all get-out of all y'alls talents. I just planted four Tomato plants for the first time in 40 years. I have a brown thumb--I've killed cactuses (cacti? Whatever the hell the plural of cactus is...)--so we'll see how they do.

It’s not new but I haven’t done it in a long time....kayak fishing. I’m faster and can actually move around in the thing and not worry about falling out all the time. It was night and day after I got in it after losing a good chunk of weight.

545B68E3-6478-4190-9C9F-2C259008B4BC.jpeg