Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Hobbies or interests anyone?

3 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

oooohhhhhh...do you have any pics of previous work??? I love cosplay outfits ❤️

Most of my cosplay have been closet cosplays (cosplays made out of premade clothes), so nothing too impressive. My Kiki cosplay was completely from scratch, however:

tumblr_mwli28yl8b1skad61o1_500.jpg

If I ever get plastics I'd love to be either Neo Queen Serenity from Sailor Moon.

10 minutes ago, cajunredpanda said:

Most of my cosplay have been closet cosplays (cosplays made out of premade clothes), so nothing too impressive. My Kiki cosplay was completely from scratch, however:

tumblr_mwli28yl8b1skad61o1_500.jpg

If I ever get plastics I'd love to be either Neo Queen Serenity from Sailor Moon.

OMG...Adorable!!!! And I love the teeny tiny Jiji! LOLOLzzz.

I’m afraid to start down the eyelash rabbit hole, I started getting manicures and now I’m stuck lol. My nails are looking very raggedy today. Painting and refinishing furniture is not good on the hands.

I updated my 30 year old son’s childhood bedroom set, I’ve done the bed and the desk, I still have to tackle the beast of a dresser. Seriously, what was it with huge honking furniture in the 0’s?

DB870B98-701E-4F6B-8C20-D65436B295CE.jpeg

Cheeseburgh, you have a gift. You truly do. Come to my house and I'll put you to work.

On 01/17/2020 at 10:09, Cheeseburgh said:

I had surgery 11/19 so about 17 months ago and have changed a lot over that time. I’ve picked up new interests and hobbies and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and would like to share what they are into?

I was really getting into finding local parks with good walking trails and biking until winter hit. I found myself a bit bored so I started redecorating and updating my house, which has now lead to me refinishing and or painting everything in my path lol. It keeps me busy it’s really fun and I’m constantly moving. I’m not a super artistic person but I’m having fun with this. Here is a kids desk I fixed up, I got the desk for free so I decided to do something fun with it. Maybe I can haul it up to Canada and give it to my 7 month old Granddaughter!

If you want to share or discuss anything you are into, fashion, cooking, nutrition, decorating, sports, exercise, books, art, etc., please jump in!

BB1ABEEE-6C95-488F-9EFC-AFBBA1D5B8CD.jpeg

36FD990A-4F6D-4B08-8F20-5EF35B300C83.jpeg

I recently decided I had had enough of my hideous honey oak bathroom cabinets. I stained the cabinets in both bathrooms a dark java tone. I bought some trim and I’m going to stain it to match the cabinets then someone I know is going to use them to frame the bathroom mirrors.

3 hours ago, ldawn said:

recently decided I had had enough of my hideous honey oak bathroom cabinets. I stained the cabinets in both bathrooms a dark java tone. I bought some trim and I’m going to stain it to match the cabinets then someone I know is going to use them to frame the bathroom mirrors.

Can you share pictures?

I’m so nervous. I actually put 2 things I’ve refinished up for sale. I’ve never done anything like this and I’m pretty sure I’ll take it personally if there is no interest. Lol

8 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I’m so nervous. I actually put 2 things I’ve refinished up for sale. I’ve never done anything like this and I’m pretty sure I’ll take it personally if there is no interest. Lol

OMG! Tres excited! Can NOT wait to hear what happened!!! They are beautiful!

Out of curiosity, how much did you list the items for?

So fun! I like hearing everyone’s hobbies. I have a real lack of motivation this time of year

Desk $325 The desk is the real deal with factory stamp and number. We bought it 18 years ago for $300 when we owned a craftsman/mission house.

chair $35

Kind of different....

Edited by Cheeseburgh

10 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Desk $325 The desk is the real deal with factory stamp and number. We bought it 18 years ago for $300 when we owned a craftsman/mission house.

chair $35

Kind of different....

Determining furniture/antiques authenticity and value is way beyond my pay grade...all I know is that they look lovely :)

Did you list on Etsy?

10 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

chair $35

Kind of different....

I think those are good prices! :) (But, I'm I know even less than @ms.sss...LOL)

I have no idea what the value is. I’ve seen that desk for 275-450, plus now that I painted it all bets are off.

I would have better luck on Etsy, however I have no idea how I would ship a desk?