Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Hobbies or interests anyone?

23 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I now have a false eyelash addiction that I'm trying to give up 😂

I wanted to have a false eyelash addiction ... but ran into two obstacles

I can't even properly apply the magnetic type every youtuber and Amazon review say are soooo easy 🙄

When I do get them on, lopsided and all, they hit my glasses ... not sure why I didn't foresee this issue 😖

tenor.gif.4486be38b24f5ea43342fcce3eecd018.gif

43 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I wanted to have a false eyelash addiction ... but ran into two obstacles

I can't even properly apply the magnetic type every youtuber and Amazon review say are soooo easy 🙄

When I do get them on, lopsided and all, they hit my glasses ... not sure why I didn't foresee this issue 😖

tenor.gif.4486be38b24f5ea43342fcce3eecd018.gif

I get the semi-permanent extensions...you can determine what length and thickness so it doesn't hit your glasses.

I love them. I am a frequent eye-rubber though, so on me they last about 4-5 weeks. The Kid is really good about not rubbing hers (because she has to pay for her own lashes, lol) and hers last about 2 months.

P.S. And yes they are very addicting, which can get very expensive...

Edited by ms.sss

I’ve never heard of the semi-permanent eyelash extensions. Mine are ok but suffered after chemo. How much are they in general?

I’ve always been such a “tomboy “ I’m generally behind on fun stuff!

Edited by Cheeseburgh

2 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I’ve never heard of the eyelash extensions. Mine are ok but suffered after chemo. How much are they in general?

Prices really vary. List is anywhere from $100-$200 for initial sets, and then $50-$100 for fill ins. But tons of Groupon out there, where you can get it for 50% less or more.

I'm getting my first set (thanks @ms.sss) on Monday. Volume lashes + 1 fill two weeks later for $68. (That was an exceptionally good deal)

35 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Prices really vary. List is anywhere from $100-$200 for initial sets, and then $50-$100 for fill ins. But tons of Groupon out there, where you can get it for 50% less or more.

I'm getting my first set (thanks @ms.sss) on Monday. Volume lashes + 1 fill two weeks later for $68. (That was an exceptionally good deal)

List is anywhere from $100-$200 for initial sets, and then $50-$100

Whoa. I would consider these list prices as on the high side. Me and the Kid share a pre-paid package of 10 visits for a natural set (minimum 50 lashes per eye) and it comes out to $50 per visit. We have the option to get a volume set (min 80 lashes per eye) at any one appointment for an extra $20.

And considering that I am paying in Canadian dollars, the difference in price is pretty significant.

Volume lashes + 1 fill two weeks later for $68.

This is a better deal. But you probably won't need a fill until about 3-4 weeks, unless you are a chronic eye-rubber like me.

...Finally, like I said before, these eyelashes are ADDICTING, lol. But I love how I wake up in the morning, and look still fab without a stitch of eye makeup on.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Whoa. I would consider these list prices as on the high side. Me and the Kid share a pre-paid package of 10 visits for a natural set (minimum 50 lashes per eye) and it comes out to $50 per visit. We have the option to get a volume set (min 80 lashes per eye) at any one appointment for an extra $20.

And considering that I am paying in Canadian dollars, the difference in price is pretty significant.

This is a better deal. But you probably won't need a fill until about 3-4 weeks, unless you are a chronic eye-rubber like me.

...Finally, like I said before, these eyelashes are ADDICTING, lol. But I love how I wake up in the morning, and look still fab without a stitch of eye makeup on.

I was curious if I was way off on my pricing, so I googled the closest places to me. (My city isn't particularly high priced)

318316877_ScreenShot01-24-20at08_26AM.PNG.dceaf535d2331ee72fe6d43818ef43a0.PNG56495359_ScreenShot01-24-20at08_46AM.PNG.51208064a7b2e7c0578ce8a59cc5af4c.PNG407886325_ScreenShot01-24-20at08_49AM.PNG.685ae80cfc170a9399547b769c038e8d.PNG1493517595_ScreenShot01-24-20at08_55AM.PNG.d95fd31c99e9cb67329f1200cfdfb201.PNG

So basically I need to move to Canada 😂

As far as the two week fill. I agree I don't think I'll need it that soon. I'm not an eye rubber, because I wear glasses. But prices go up on weeks out for a fill. So a 2 weeks fill is cheaper than a 3 week fill

If I get addicted, I'll have to find a place I like that will give an everyday Groupon price vs. the list costs, cause no way I'm going to pay that on the regular. Also hopefully they will price fills on the amount of lost lashes vs. # of weeks

46 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Also hopefully they will price fills on the amount of lost lashes vs. # of weeks

Yeah, I've never heard of pricing based on time passed. It's based on number of lashes applied in my neck of the woods...

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Universal Healthcare and cheap lashes ...

923923203_tenor(2).gif.9aa73a8aab0dfd22986cc5b911869f33.gif

6 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Universal Healthcare and cheap lashes ...

923923203_tenor(2).gif.9aa73a8aab0dfd22986cc5b911869f33.gif

But ...

Image result for shoveling snow gif

VS.

Image result for california beach gif

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

This is me anyway 😢

Point taken ...

Don't listen to me, I'm just on the beach doing handstands

Ok, first off @Cheeseburgh your work is OUTstanding! So dang beautiful. I love your style and love how you combine your pieces with the perfect accessories. LOVE that rug and the bright spot of colors!

@ms.sss I adore that you are taking tap and laughed out loud (true story) to read "your shoes came in the mail last week" and that you are doing toe exercises seated. LOVE this!

Love this thread! I would love to have a lash compulsion...just sayin'...I'm considering hookin'. :D But stringy old ladies are not exactly in hot demand down the corner...lol. ;)

Edited by FluffyChix

My interests haven't really changed yet. I do find myself more into tea, but I haven't become a tea snob. Give me my peppermint tea and I'll be happy. I'm contemplating starting a compost pile for when my family begins tending our summer garden again.

Two of my goals after losing weight are to start sewing more cosplay and clothes once I can fit into sewing patterns again and travel more.

16 minutes ago, cajunredpanda said:

to start sewing more cosplay

oooohhhhhh...do you have any pics of previous work??? I love cosplay outfits ❤️