Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why did you choose the surgery you had/will have?

Since my first post when I was going for a lap band, I have done a lot of reading and am now having the sleeve done later this month. I think this

Had RNY BYPASS never had any injections just take Multivitamins.

I wanted and needed to have my stomach fixed and the bypass has made my metabolism so much better than it was.

Yes I lost weight quick which was fine by me been lucky with little excess skin.

16 hours ago, Takoda said:

I choose the sleeve because it seemed like it would help me to get to the weight I want without having to get Vitamin injections and such. Plus it’s a much slower, gentler wt loss then the RNY from what I’ve seen so I figured that may be better for me.

I don't know anyone who gets Vitamin injections. We just take regular old Vitamins like sleeve patients do...

I was getting monthly Vitamin B injections for the sleeve after surgery because I had to take a lot of other Vitamins, but going to my doctor's office got old fast so I switched to tablets.

47 minutes ago, JessLess said:

I was getting monthly Vitamin B injections for the sleeve after surgery because I had to take a lot of other Vitamins, but going to my doctor's office got old fast so I switched to tablets.

I'd forgotten about B12. A few people do take B12 via injection, but most people take it in sublingual form (so - a dissolving tablet). RNY'ers don't absorb B12 very well, so we're advised to take it sublingually. I don't personally know anyone who takes it via injection, but i know that's an option. That may be where the poster got the "vitamins by injection" idea (???)

I've done alot of research and still researching till my surgery.

I had the lapband for 6 yrs with a total weightloss of 200 pounds. It slipped this year and had to be removed.

So I am doing the gastric sleeve over bypass for many reasons. 1. Less invasive than bypass. 2. One of my best friends had the bypass and had alot of problems and made me promise to never get the bypass.

I know I will have success with the sleeve.my surgeon has a great after surgery support program.

Well I had the bypass and never had one issue and look at me now 8 months 3 weeks since I began my diet and 6.5 months post op.

Bypass was the best decision for me

IMG_20200516_154525.jpg

RNY bypass...i wanted dumping. I figured it was the most direct way to discourage my bad behavior.

This is a great informative post.

I thought I wanted the band actually until I came here. I went into this very open minded and as of now am leaning toward the sleeve for many reasons that have already been mentioned. My surgeon likes the sleeve for me also becAuse if my lower BMI (37ish).

I’m still pretty open minded though so I will be reading here! I’m at the VERY beginning of all this.