Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you order bariatric foods?

I've been browsing a bit on the internet and found a few sites, excluded bariatric pal, that offers bariatric friendly foods, drinks and Snacks.

Have you guys been ordering some of this bariatric friendly foods and beverages?

I feel like most normal foods can be done in a tummy friendly variation, but it's nice to switch it up a bit. To be honest, bars and such are the same as Protein Bars for the most part, it just says bariatric on them. Soups I feel is a bit of a vaste to buy when it's so easy to make a bariatric friendly Soup for a fifth of the cost. Variations of oatmeals you can do yourself with a dollar and a kilo of oatmeal. Sloppy joes I've made since the dawn of times with much more Protein than what the package you can order have.

But then again, something intruges me with ordering a mac and cheese. Like it's to good to be true that one can have 15gr protein in a mac&cheese serving. Or zero carb breads. And Fruit Drinks with protein.

What's you favorite?

I do not order the foods but I order the ingredients - I have a nutritionist and I am a chef so i choose to just prepare the foods myself in a Keto Bariatic way. I also have two teanager boys so i cook slight variations of what i eat at the same time.

I am not for prepared foods or delivery meals - I have a trust issue with what is in them and the quaility. Doing it youself with high end healthy ingredients makes more sense to me

Good question! I'm scheduled for February and need to figure out the good part of this. I'll be following!

I've just gone around looking for high Protein, low carb recipes instead. It's cheaper to make them at home, and that way, you can tweak what you want. I get to start eating soft foods on Monday, and I already have a sloppy joe recipe that I'm wanting to try.

Now, the one thing I *did* buy were microwave Pork rinds, but only because its hard where I live to find ones that are baked. But I bought them and several of my Vitamins together, so... that's one of the few "bariatric" foods that I have bought (can't try until February, but...).

I have a tried a few things from this site, but I've found that real food with the occasional high-protein bar or shake or Protein snack works best for me and I can buy those at the local Walgreens or Kroger grocery and pay less for them not being labeled "bariatric."

2 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

I do not order the foods but I order the ingredients - I have a nutritionist and I am a chef so i choose to just prepare the foods myself in a Keto Bariatic way. I also have two teanager boys so i cook slight variations of what i eat at the same time.

I am not for prepared foods or delivery meals - I have a trust issue with what is in them and the quaility. Doing it youself with high end healthy ingredients makes more sense to me

Yes, yes, and YES to this! I do this too and cant stand prepared foods.

3 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

Doing it youself with high end healthy ingredients makes more sense to me

Although I eat less I eat much better. I stay away from processed foods and prepared meals. I try to buy organic and I read the labels on foods to make sure that I'm getting as pure a product sans chemicals and sugars. It takes a lot more effort and it costs more but I'm a new person after WLS. I'm trying to redefine my eating habits to be more healthier for my long term weight loss and good health.

I have ordered a little bit of food from this site and Amazon. My main trials have been ordering sample packs of Protein powders and trying out lots of the bariatric recipes I found online to see what I liked and didn't like. I have a whole collection of sugar free syrups just waiting to be used.

I love to cook and prefer my own cooking, I'm also excited to create new recipes and view food in a healthy fascinating new way.

I don’t have energy for meal prep that most do. I buy very basic foods and have kept it simple. Chronic illness limits what I can do. I have bought a few things I think are helpful. I like having the Protein shots around for when I need them. The juice flavor protein is good. I personally have some protein Soups on hand but don’t eat them often. I do like the protein mashed potatoes, it tastes good with a dr. Praegers black bean chipotle pollock burger. Or Boca Turky veggie burger. The protein crisps are good for a treat. Yet still get protein. It’s all portion controlled. And sometimes just an easy option. Like They make a good protein chocolate chip pancake. Could the ingredients be better, sure. But I am not always well enough to even prepare a simple meal. So I keep some things on hand.

I prefer to buy my own fresh food and just using small utensils to portion out my food.

you never know exactly what's in every bar or meal you get online...

9 minutes ago, summerset said:

What do you mean exactly by "bariatric friendly foods?"

Like Protein powders and Vitamins?

No, Soups, casserolls, Desserts, bread, pastadishes, full meals

No, I'm in general no fan of ready-made meals.

I sometimes use Protein pancake and protein pudding mix I buy from an online store that sells Proteins, Vitamins and other supplements etc. but it's aimed at the sports crowd. Same with Protein Powder for shakes and bars or protein chips. If you're intolerant to whey it's usually better to order from these kinds of online stores because they seem to have more variety when it comes to plant based stuff.

I can remember ordering some ready made meal as a sample once to boost my vitamin/mineral order a few Euro to get a discount but it was 🤮.