Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone made it past the 6 month stall!???

I'm stalled. Have lost 1 lb in the past 4 weeks. I am so terrified that I am done losing. I have 8 lbs till goal and am hoping to loose another 10. So 18lbs total.

I keep battling the same 1-2 on fluctuation.

Any experience?? Help me please.

How many calories per day are you consuming over the past 7 days ?

5 minutes ago, Fatboyslim1 said:

How many calories per day are you consuming over the past 7 days ?

My average is around 800. I do have some lower days and I have had one high day of 1145, which I was literally just a hungry day, all good food choices. I have been exercising (cardio) and am getting ready to start some resistance training, but dont know if that's wise.

Those numbers are from the past two weeks.

Edited by Fazzini Bee

You are 5ft?

May I ask why you are stopping at 150lbs?

I know that's pretty ballsy of me to ask that. Cuz who am I to figure a goal weight for anyone but me?! And if you follow the plan and are still eating weight loss cals, you will lose hon. It will break. The 6th month stall SUCKED big green ones!

5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

You are 5ft?

May I ask why you are stopping at 150lbs?

I know that's pretty ballsy of me to ask that. Cuz who am I to figure a goal weight for anyone but me?! And if you follow the plan and are still eating weight loss cals, you will lose hon. It will break. The 6th month stall SUCKED big green ones!

That was the goal weight that my surgeon gave me. I just ran with it. I figure I get to the surgeons goal then I push for my goal- 135/140. I just didn't want to disappoint myself.

I am working hard at eating well. I definitely had a couple Christmas treats, but I reeled it in quick so I didn't go crazy or fall off the wagon too hard. Sometimes it's harder to pick myself up than just keep on rolling.

Did you have a stall around this time?? Did it last a month??

2 minutes ago, Fazzini Bee said:

That was the goal weight that my surgeon gave me. I just ran with it. I figure I get to the surgeons goal then I push for my goal- 135/140. I just didn't want to disappoint myself.

I am working hard at eating well. I definitely had a couple Christmas treats, but I reeled it in quick so I didn't go crazy or fall off the wagon too hard. Sometimes it's harder to pick myself up than just keep on rolling.

Did you have a stall around this time?? Did it last a month??

Perfect!!! :) I did that same exact thing!! I had a Goal 1 then a Goal 2 then a Goal 3!! :) So I kinda backed into it cuz I didn't believe I would do it!

Good for you for coming back to center girlie!! I did have a stall at 6 months. I think it lasted a good while. LOL. I had to get back refocused and quit cheatin on myself. :(

The fewer times you go off the wagon during WLM the better, quite honestly. It's harder and harder the more you reinforce that behavior. :(

See my post from the other day on exactly this topic. My weight loss chart what breaking a 2 month stall 6 months out looks like.

56 minutes ago, Brent701 said:

See my post from the other day on exactly this topic. My weight loss chart what breaking a 2 month stall 6 months out looks like.

Thank you for this. It gave me how. Did you have to change stuff up to get past it or did you just go steady? I sometimes doubt the idea to shake it up a lot to get things moving along.

Never heard of a 6 month stall however changing up routine. Intermittent fasting. pouch reset. Changing up activity level....all helps. I personally don't believe in this whole stall thing. Our bodies adapt to our routine and if we still need to lose we adjust accordingly.

Sleeve in Aug and still losing about a pound or so per week/two weeks.

my stalls seemed to be more frequent and lasted longer the further out I went, but i kept sticking to my plan and kept losing - bit by bit - until I was about 20 months out. So you may not be done yet...

I stalled for a couple of weeks, right before the six month mark. At my 6 month appointment my team had me add 200 calories a day (brought me up to 1000 based on my activity level) and switched up my exercise adding some variety and that made it start moving again.

4 hours ago, charmed4 said:

Never heard of a 6 month stall however changing up routine. Intermittent fasting. pouch reset. Changing up activity level....all helps. I personally don't believe in this whole stall thing. Our bodies adapt to our routine and if we still need to lose we adjust accordingly.

There is a stall at 3 weeks, 4 months and I imagine 6 months. The body just stops weightloss and readjusts. This site talks about the stalls and how to not lose your mind during them. Also, the greatest weight loss happens in the early months after surgery, then more slowly after that. I'm still at 500 - 600 calories each day. If I walk or don't it doesn't seem to affect my loss. The weight didn't go on in one year and it may take a bit of time to come off.

I also stalled at 6 months - about 10 pounds from my goal weight. I plugged into some Intermittent Fasting and it dropped right off. I was below goal a month later.

4 hours ago, Sandra Nuelken said:

There is a stall at 3 weeks, 4 months and I imagine 6 months. The body just stops weightloss and readjusts. This site talks about the stalls and how to not lose your mind during them. Also, the greatest weight loss happens in the early months after surgery, then more slowly after that. I'm still at 500 - 600 calories each day. If I walk or don't it doesn't seem to affect my loss. The weight didn't go on in one year and it may take a bit of time to come off.

Thank you for this!! Just hit 4 months and stalling since Christmas and was freaking out!

Edited by JMA2019