Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel about peanut butter?

Once in a while I put pea out butter powder in my vanilla Protein Shakes. Haven't had pea but butter yet otherwise. Reluctant to buy it, daughter has a new allergy to it and would be tempted to eat it (she loves Peanut Butter but now she reacts). If I do buy it, I would probably put it on celery sticks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I love the PB powder substitute. You mix the powder with Water. You can find it at the grocery store, Walmart etc.

My Nutritionist recommends 2 tbsp of PB for Protein. I maybe add to my Protein Drink, or eat from a spoon. Soon I will be able to eat it on Ak Mak crackers. I think I can now since I am 8 wks out!

Everything is in moderation.

3 hours ago, heycrystal2052 said:

If I'm low on calories or fats, I may have a SMALL amount of Peanut Butter. Every now and then, I well get a Protein Shake with Peanut Butter and oats, but that's a major workout day.

exactly. its so hard for me to get to 800 cals so I will have a tablespoon of PB and I'm good.

Maybe we need to start a Peanut Butter anonymous - PBA 🤣. I’m a teaspoon straight out of the jar girl too. Sometimes one every day then none for a couple of weeks. Find it helps when that desire for something sweet or savoury hits.

Can’t do the no sugar no salt ones though. Blaaah. Bleeech. Tried a couple of brands but no way.

I have 2 tablespoons every morning w sliced honey Crisp apples!

7 hours ago, MsMocie said:

How do you guys feel about Peanut Butter?

I find that a little spoon of butter goes well with cottage cheese, on flans or straight out of the spoon. But it has soooo many calories (around 650 pr 100gram). The jars are 350 grams so I calculated how many portions the jar would be.

Also, nuts have a little more fat than we should randomly dig in on.

I love it; although, I don't eat it as often as I used to. When I do, it's pbj sandwich.

It was a no until the 6 month mark—calorie/nutrition ratio was not ideal. Now, I make sure I measure the portion because it is easy to go overboard.

After surgery, I no longer prefer sweets but could easily eat a jar of Peanut Butter as a meal. I think the Smuckers all natural is the best—only peanuts and salt—and I pour off the fat that rises to the top to eliminate a few extra calories.

The smoked almonds had to leave the house though... They triggered something that had me going back for handfuls all day.

I LOVE it so much. But, alas, I’m not going to dare add it back in regularly until I hit maintenance (come on last 12!). I mean, I might’ve had a tiny bit straight out of the jar, but there is NO EVIDENCE and no way anyone can prove it!

On a rice cake. :) But only after reaching maintenance.

Okay, I had no idea a simple thread about Peanut Butter would generate all of this buzz!!!

I'm also on this liquid diet and wasn't thinking about any darn peanut butter. Now I'm dreaming about dipping my spoon into a jar and licking the spoon, runs to get more sugar free Jello, lol. 😋😋😋😋😋

Edited by Krimsonbutterflies

Didn't have any until I was done with weight loss phase.

Now I'll have some every once in a while, usually with cottage cheese or chia pudding. Also I find the commercial ones in the jar too sweet and just not peanut-y enough lol. I get our Peanut Butter at the grocery where there is a "peanut butter machine" that I can use to grinds up the peanuts to a butter (we like it crunchy so I don't grind it to smoothness). No extra sugar or additives, and is totally yummy.