Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are my fellow December surgeries doing?

So good to see everyone improving!!! I’m still trudging along as well. I’m still trying to get used to my new tummy and when I feel full. I have not figured that out yet. I don’t feel full until way after I’ve eaten too much. It’s frustrating! After my 1 month check up, I’m going to start going to the gym regularly. What is everyone taking for Vitamins?

I was RNY on 12/31, so almost 3 weeks out. I've been very fortunate that I haven't had any issues with fluids and am able to get in 80+ per day since the first week. I really have to plan to get close to my Protein goals and still need a Protein Shake or high Protein Drink (I've been doing a Decaf latte with Fairlife & Collagon = 23 G protein). I've been on soft foods for almost a week and so far everything has sat pretty well. I'm slowly introducing new things.

I did hit my "3 week stall" at 1-1/2 weeks which played some mind games with me, but have started losing again which makes me happy. Hopefully I'll be consistent for a bit before I hit my next stall.

I’m one month out today! So glad to have had this surgery—already seeing physical changes, and am eager to continue on the journey.

Struggling a bit with getting in enough Water, but I do better during the week. I’d also like to get me energy back, but I figure that will come with time.

For little victories: I’m down 20 pounds from surgery, which I know isn’t a ton. That being said, I’m down from 2xl shirts to larges. My pants are at size 14, instead of 18-20s. That feels good.

**Can folks tell me what your Protein goals are? I’m in my mid-40s, female, ~185lbs. My program says they don’t give out protein goals, which in my opinion is just silly. **

I had gastric bypass on 12/31. Doctor still has me on liquid diet but I see her this week and I hope she advances me. I’m sick of Protein Shakes. I was 245 on surgery and today I’m at 220. I’ve lost 25lbs in almost three weeks. My stomach feels okay but sometimes if I drink something really cold it feels weird.

Waiting for insurance approval to have surgery to remove the extra skin. Please pray it comes through soon.

My surgery was 12/30. I lost 20lbs pre-surgery in December and 10lbs the first week. Since then it’s been slow but I’m down another 5.6 so over 15 since surgery. I’m still gassy when I drink Water and struggling to hit 64oz daily but I just make it. Have tolerated most foods well except chicken 🍗 that I didn’t soften or chew well enough (ouch!) or maybe there was no room as I had a bite of broccoli 🥦 first. It had to come up! Constipation is a big issue and take MOM a lot and Colace 2pills 2x a day. Miralax arriving tomorrow. This has always been a bit of an issue for me even when I ate tons of roughage and fluids so it’s not a shocker. I’m relying on 1-2 Protein Shakes or Soups to get my 60+ grams a day. My energy isn’t great, though. Calories are 600-680.

Surgery date was 12/31/19. I was 334 that day, 23 days later, I am at 314. (21lbs. Lost) I can eat solid food now, no problems. Staying under 900 calories a day, down 4 pant sizes! This time last year I weighed 375. My only problem is Constipation. I have been obese most all my life, I’m 53 now and I feel great, lots of compliments, friends & family are amazed at my weight loss. I am so glad I had the VGS surgery!

I'm below 300 now! Current weight is 297. I think the last time I was below 300 was 2013/2014, so late college.

Still having trouble with bowel movements. I bought milk of magnesia today because my last two bowel movements were so large, hard, and stuck, that I ended up having to put on gloves and resort to manual extraction. I really hope this helps along with stool softeners.

I had surgery on December 3 and I’ve only lost 30lbs I was never told to restrict what I ate before surgery and I thought that was weird I started eating whatever I wanted about 4 weeks after surgery I have a serious issue with food and this is so hard Thanks for letting me share

Hello surgery 12/10/19. Surgery weight was 252, this morning I am at 223.2lbs. So, a weight loss of 28.8. When I went in for my first post op I was at 262 but believe it was the actual IV fluids and swelling. I can tell a big difference in my face and my clothing I was wearing 22 now in a 16. I feel great!

I'm 195, so down 35 since pre-op diet which I started on 12/4.

Doing pretty well! Still tired, and having a little blurry vision at times, which I suspect is due to low blood sugar since I'm barely eating. Averaging 300-400 calories per day right now. I suspect as I continue to heal, I will be able to get up to 500-600 which should help with the fatigue and blurry vision. Feeling great otherwise!!

On 1/11/2020 at 11:08 PM, cajunredpanda said:

First, I have no energy.

I also feel like I have no energy. My surgery was December 9th so I am 7 weeks post-op today. I currently do not have a job and I take all my Vitamins every day. I've gone back to taking naps just about every day. I also have a headache just about every day. I usually eat around 600 calories per day. I've lost 25.5 pounds since surgery. I know to some people that may not seem like a lot but I had a 37 BMI day of surgery.

If anyone has any suggestions for boosting my energy or stopping these headaches, please let me know :)

Today is day 30 (postop) for me. I'm able to eat just about anything as long as I chew it up really well and wait at least 45 seconds between bites. I'm using patch Vitamins and I must say, they must be working because my nails have never been this strong.

I've lost 26 lbs and 20" overall. I've hit the dreaded stall and have been here for the past two weeks. The scale has not budged. I'm trying to keep the faith that it will begin moving again in the right direction.

I've been taking Tylenol for the headaches and it seems to work well.

I had my surgery 4th of Dec was 380 post surgery. Im 52 yr old male so recovery was slow. I am down to 326 so 54 pounds down. I have had 2 periods were my weight loss stalled about 3 weeks out and last week. It is frustrating when it happens but i try to focus on how far i have come. I find over exercising has a negative effect on my progress for me i have worked out if i swim 3 days a week i get the most benefit i have worked up to 1 klm now and that seems to be the most beneficial for me. I would be interested what others have found.

In terms of diet i am eating 3 meals a day primarily Protein based. I have gone completly off sweet anything. If i get humgty i chew gum or drink Water and have some protein balls handy that take the edge off between meals. I can eat most foods but avoiding carbs were possible and stick to meats and veg.

Anyway would be good to chat with others going through same stage.