Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are my fellow December surgeries doing?

17 minutes ago, cajunredpanda said:

Well, I had my first food "rejection." I ate an egg bite I baked in the oven for dinner. Within a minute after eating I was puking in the sink. I felt so sick afterward that I went to bed early. I was able to eat an egg bite earlier that day so I don't know if it was because it was cold, I ate too fast, or what. I usually make my egg bites in the Instant Pot but I derped and poured Water into the contraption when the cooking pot wasn't in it. Gotta test it out in a few days after letting it dry. The oven egg bites were firmer than the IP ones. I'll have to experiment. (Though I'm holding off for now.)

I saw my nurse practitioner yesterday. She advised me that bowel movements every two days is normal since we're eating far less, but if it's going on for four days or more I need a laxative or enema. I'm currently drinking magnesium citrate to clean me out completely (her instructions). After that, every couple days I should drink smooth tea or milk of magnesia on top of my daily stool softeners and liquid intake. If I don't poop for longer than a few days again, then it's enema time. I need to get both of those. We won't use Benefiber for the time being. Let's see how it works. If nothing works after a period of time, including Probiotics, then I'm going to be prescribed something. I had IBS-D before surgery so I was very rarely constipated. I haven't been this constipated since I went to a Girl Scout camp and didn't poop for days because I was scared of the outhouses lol

It's just awful, isn't it? Many of them tend to be the size of my fist or a soda can.

My routine is a little like yours. I tend to drink a shake for Breakfast, half a tilapia fillet or deli roll ups plus 1 oz veg for lunch, and turkey meatballs (w/ or w/o 1 oz veg) for dinner. I may have a cheese stick, Peanut Butter, or unsweetened applesauce for a snack. (I'm supposed to get up to 5-6 small meals/snacks a day.) Are you incorporating fruits or veggies at all into your diet? Or were you advised to? My dietitian wants us to eat soft fruits and vegetables with our meals starting with puree stage. They're good carbs. It is good that your measurements are going down. It shows that the process is still working. Two or three pounds is also very good weight loss. (I'm averaging three and four pounds a week at the moment). You appear closer to your goal so it will slow down as it gets there as well. Congratulations!

I just got cleared to reintroduce strength training yesterday. Don't wanna lose muscle if I can help it.

My main priority is to keep the muscle I have, so it's all Proteins, liquids, calcium citrate, and Vitamins for right now. My stomach is flattening out without loose skin. Also the only thing that my labs showed low was Vitamin D, so I added that to my meds as well. By the way so far I've eaten scrambled, fried, and hard boiled eggs. So hopefully you will be able to soon. My new RNY stomach is liking anything I'm giving it. I ate 3oz of air fried chicken breast with garlic, onion, rosemary, salt, pepper, cajon mix, and lemon pepper sprinkled on it last night. No gurgling and no distress, so I think my new tummy liked it. I just started taking 3 stool softeners yesterday, I have three in my pill dispenser for each day this week. Hopefully I'll blow out today. I just made coffee, going to drink 3 cups which equals 33oz so hopefully that will help me go poop. Hope your problems work there way out soon as well.

12 minutes ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

My main priority is to keep the muscle I have, so it's all Proteins, liquids, calcium citrate, and Vitamins for right now. My stomach is flattening out without loose skin. Also the only thing that my labs showed low was Vitamin D, so I added that to my meds as well. By the way so far I've eaten scrambled, fried, and hard boiled eggs. So hopefully you will be able to soon. My new RNY stomach is liking anything I'm giving it. I ate 3oz of air fried chicken breast with garlic, onion, rosemary, salt, pepper, cajon mix, and lemon pepper sprinkled on it last night. No gurgling and no distress, so I think my new tummy liked it. I just started taking 3 stool softeners yesterday, I have three in my pill dispenser for each day this week. Hopefully I'll blow out today. I just made coffee, going to drink 3 cups which equals 33oz so hopefully that will help me go poop. Hope your problems work there way out soon as well.

Okay.

I wouldn't say that I have an Iron stomach (my brother basically eats like a goat; he's eaten obviously expired food just because and never so much as turned green) but my pouch is tolerating nearly everything I throw at it well. Some things sat heavier like spiraled ham or tuna, but I never threw up until last night. I can eat a single scrambled egg. Maybe that egg bite was too dry? There are a lot variables to eliminate.

I was advised to start taking stool softeners pre op by my surgeon. I think they help. I just need a little more assistance. The magnesium citrate worked within 30 minutes. I feel like I'll need to go back to the toilet soon, but it was much easier pushing that crap out in 15 minutes versus an hour plus. Currently sipping Decaf tea to hydrate and soothe my stomach. I was never much of a coffee fan, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, cajunredpanda said:

Okay.

I wouldn't say that I have an Iron stomach (my brother basically eats like a goat; he's eaten obviously expired food just because and never so much as turned green) but my pouch is tolerating nearly everything I throw at it well. Some things sat heavier like spiraled ham or tuna, but I never threw up until last night. I can eat a single scrambled egg. Maybe that egg bite was too dry? There are a lot variables to eliminate.

I was advised to start taking stool softeners pre op by my surgeon. I think they help. I just need a little more assistance. The magnesium citrate worked within 30 minutes. I feel like I'll need to go back to the toilet soon, but it was much easier pushing that crap out in 15 minutes versus an hour plus. Currently sipping Decaf tea to hydrate and soothe my stomach. I was never much of a coffee fan, unfortunately.

I like both coffee and tea. As far as tea goes, I prefer Oolong Da hong Pao tea. It's naturally has fruity notes and I still drink it either with no sugar substitute or with a tbsp of honey, it pairs great with honey. I have a pound of the loose leaves. Have a couple of cups usually around noonish. I asked our local Chinese restaurant what kind it was several times before the owner would tell me. It also makes a great sweet cold tea with Monk fruit/erithritol in it.

10 minutes ago, cajunredpanda said:

Okay.

I haven't thrown up one time, my mouth has heavily watered up like I was going to up Chuck, but it hasn't happened yet.

My surgery date was Dec 19th, 2019.

Things are moving in the right direction -

My bypass was Dec 5 and I've lost 61 pounds

Have folks started getting their energy back? I’m feeling otherwise great, but just don’t have energy to get everything done. I know... we’ve had major surgery. It would just be nice to get that spark back.

20 minutes ago, CheerfulLoser said:

Have folks started getting their energy back? I’m feeling otherwise great, but just don’t have energy to get everything done. I know... we’ve had major surgery. It would just be nice to get that spark back.

I wish!!! Not taking naps anymore, but just lying around and feeling lazy and tired. Going up 1 flight of stairs takes so much energy!! I can't even begin to think about exercise right now, and I was actually pretty active prior to surgery!

Good morning my surgery was 12 1118 and I am doing very well I have lost a total of 123 pounds. I am feeling very good and have about 11 pounds left to lose

I was 12/12 and honestly it’s been super easy!! I did eat too much once and it came up but it’s a learning curve to stop before you actually feel full. I’m down 25lbs. I did stop losing for almost 2 weeks but the scale moved again today!!

Had surgery dec 2nd I have lost 39 lbs so far. Im at my 6 week point but im having trouble getting in 64 ounces of fluids. Im doing better with Protein bit still not teaching my goals. Im starting to think im not eating enough. Anyone else worried about this?

Today is my 1 month surgery anniversary, and I was rewarded with a trip to ONEderland!!! Hit 199 this morning!! Feeling great, and can't wait to see what next month will hold for me!!

I vow to never see a "2" in front my weight again!!

Things are going fairly well for the most part. My RNY surgery was on 12/09/19 and I have lost 30 pounds since the surgery. I have lost a total of 115 pounds total since starting this journey to a healthier me on 05/07/19, when I started my six month doctor supervised weight loss for the insurance clearance process. I was on a complete liquid diet for the first 28 days. I am on soft foods now since 01/07/2020 and have been having issues with nausea. I have asked my team about this and they think that it may still be swelling or my body may just take a little longer transitioning to the next stage. Said that if I am still have this issue in 3 weeks that they will perform another endoscopy to check and make sure there isn’t something else causing the issue. I also am having issues with Constipation.< span> I’m currently two teaspoons of Benefiber every day and this week I started taking Colace. I have been taking Milk of Magnesia 1 – 2 times a week. I also try to make sure I eat at least one container of yogurt every day. I think that it may be from not getting enough Water each day. Most days I usually get around 60 to 70 ounces of fluids but prior to the surgery I was drinking 90 ounces plus a day. I do not regret having the surgery. I feel so much better. My back, knee and ankle pain is almost nonexistent now. I have gone from taking nine medications a day to taking four medications.

My surgery was 12/9. I’ve lost a total of 23 pounds so far. I have my five week check up on Tuesday. I’ll get an updated weight then. I’m currently sitting at 200 pounds according to my scale at home. Feeling better with each passing day.

Sleeved on 12/20. I go back to work this week, a little nervous about that. Feeling okay on soft foods, but really miss things like lettuce. I’m down 21.5 lbs post op. The scale hasn’t moved in a week though which is frustrating. Definitely focusing on my fluids because I get dizzy spells if I only get the minimum in