Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thermage anyone?

Hi I have ended up with a turkey neck gobble gobble :lol: ... I HATE it!! Cn't afford plastic surgery and have seen some great thermage pics, but you never know if they are photoshopped. Anyone had it and had great results?

This is a selfie i took earlier image.jpeg.b8f97682d76acb429aeaa1c8a901e6f5.jpeg

I had to look up what "thermage" was as I wasn't familiar with the term. I'm getting turkey neck too, but I'm turning 55 in two weeks, so maybe it's just my age.

We are about the same age, I agree that it has something to do with it lol!

Ok i will be the Ginny Pig - Just ordered the best on on Amazon, Keep in touch - I hate this skin issue and even with cross fit want it gone, Should be here next week

ORDER PLACED
January 11, 2020
TOTAL
$257.52
SHIP TO
ORDER # 112-1267645-2253818

Edited by AJ Tylo

Hmmm I do see this recent review on Amazon

I Think These Reviewers Are Imagining Things
People are saying they saw changes after a week, posting before and afters that literally look exactly alike - giving rave reviews? Something is off. They are either suffering from confirmation bias or the reviews are fake. First, I've seen this same product marketed as a cellulite reducer, skin whitener, and skin tightener. Sounds sketch.
The instructions are weird and incomplete.
There are three settings and three options for the length of time to use it: 10 min, 20 min, and 30 min. The manual says not to use the machine more than 3-4 times a week. But it doesn't say on which setting or for how long. So if you use it for 30 minutes on the highest setting is that the same as using it on the lowest setting for 10 minutes? Who knows. They don't explain.
I tube of gel comes with the machine, but it has maybe four words in English, the rest in Chinese, so I have no idea what those instructions are, nor the ingredients, but my face and neck broke out in a papular rash for three days. Still, I stayed the course. Not an iota of difference.
I'm not at all impressed. This is just snake oil. Not only that, but I found it on another site for $80, hundreds less than I paid. I'll be returning it.
13 people found this helpful
i will be watching to see how it all turns out.

I developed lots of fine lines under my chin & my marionette lines down the sides of my mouth got way deeper with my weight loss. 😩 Waaaa!

About 6 years ago I bought a similar hand held personal machine for about $250/$300 but I didn’t think it did anything. I used to run it over my face every night while watching tv.

This time I’ve gone to my beauty therapist. She charges about $250 for a pack of 6 treatments. I’ve done 12 weekly intensive RF treatments. Each session takes 30 minutes. I’ll be starting maintenance next - 20min treatments with my monthly facial.

My therapist puts a gel on my skin before the treatment and reapplies during. I think it acts as a lubricant for the wand and to protect the skin. I do get odd little dry flaky spots around my mouth where she spends extra time.

I’ve noticed some reduction in the depth and length of the lines around my mouth & the the fine lines under my chin have lessened. Of course the machine my therapist uses is for professional use & produces a much more intensive pulse. (It also cost >$10000 for her new machine 😱.)

RF is supposed to stimulate collagen growth and it takes time for the results to be seen so I’m hopeful for some more improvement. It is not a long term or permanent fix.

PS I’ll be 55 later this year too.

My wrinkles on my face and neck are much less noticeable almost 3 years post-gastric bypass due to applying & re-applying sunscreen EVERYDAY, using Tretinoin, putting Vital Proteins collagen Peptides (bought at Costco) in my coffee every morning after my derm recommended it, and Fraxel laser resurfacing. All of these things help build and/or prevent loss of collagen, and improve fine lines, wrinkles, skin tone and laxity. I look so much younger now based on reactions from people who haven’t seen me in awhile.

If you’re thinking of getting Thermage or laser treatments, please make sure to do so with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to ensure your money is well spent and to minimize post-procedure issues/complications.

Good luck with your anti-aging journey after WLS. 😀

On 1/11/2020 at 6:13 PM, Arabesque said:

I developed lots of fine lines under my chin & my marionette lines down the sides of my mouth got way deeper with my weight loss. 😩 Waaaa!

About 6 years ago I bought a similar hand held personal machine for about $250/$300 but I didn’t think it did anything. I used to run it over my face every night while watching tv.

This time I’ve gone to my beauty therapist. She charges about $250 for a pack of 6 treatments. I’ve done 12 weekly intensive RF treatments. Each session takes 30 minutes. I’ll be starting maintenance next - 20min treatments with my monthly facial.

My therapist puts a gel on my skin before the treatment and reapplies during. I think it acts as a lubricant for the wand and to protect the skin. I do get odd little dry flaky spots around my mouth where she spends extra time.

I’ve noticed some reduction in the depth and length of the lines around my mouth & the the fine lines under my chin have lessened. Of course the machine my therapist uses is for professional use & produces a much more intensive pulse. (It also cost >$10000 for her new machine 😱.)

RF is supposed to stimulate collagen growth and it takes time for the results to be seen so I’m hopeful for some more improvement. It is not a long term or permanent fix.

PS I’ll be 55 later this year too.

Keep us updated on the results, if you could. I started on RF treatments on my face and neck. I only had a few because even the results the nurse was prod of and showed me were subtle. The suggested number of treatments would be in the $1K range, and then regular maintenance after that. It just felt like money poorly spent, IME.

I am curious about microneedling + RF. They have fantastic before/afters. But even more expensive, and are they realistic results?

Hey @sillykitty. Some days I look in the mirror & I think the lines aren’t as deep or long but others I can’t see any change. My neck is definitely better >50% reduction in the lines that ran down from under my chin. Just left with the deeper ones. Also think the ones that ran around my neck have decreased in depth. I didn’t take any before photos to compare.

My beauty therapist is very reasonably priced For which I’m grateful. (Not like the flash upmarket one down the road where I had my microblading done - I swear they charge you $$$$ just to walk in the door!) If I don’t get the results I dream of I know I haven’t spent a fortune.

Plus the additional & unplanned for 5kg I’ve lost is giving me the hangdog look again. Sad face.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:00 PM, sillykitty said:

Keep us updated on the results, if you could. I started on RF treatments on my face and neck. I only had a few because even the results the nurse was prod of and showed me were subtle. The suggested number of treatments would be in the $1K range, and then regular maintenance after that. It just felt like money poorly spent, IME.

I am curious about microneedling + RF. They have fantastic before/afters. But even more expensive, and are they realistic results?

I've been doing some microneedling at home. I've yet to see any results. I have the Nuface device too... it does give me some results - not on my gobbler, but subtle results on the rest of my face.

I fear I'm going to have to go under the knife... I don't think any of the stuff I'm doing is going to do anything.

On 1/21/2020 at 5:06 PM, Arabesque said:

Hey @sillykitty. Some days I look in the mirror & I think the lines aren’t as deep or long but others I can’t see any change. My neck is definitely better >50% reduction in the lines that ran down from under my chin. Just left with the deeper ones. Also think the ones that ran around my neck have decreased in depth. I didn’t take any before photos to compare.

My beauty therapist is very reasonably priced For which I’m grateful. (Not like the flash upmarket one down the road where I had my microblading done - I swear they charge you $$$$ just to walk in the door!) If I don’t get the results I dream of I know I haven’t spent a fortune.

Plus the additional & unplanned for 5kg I’ve lost is giving me the hangdog look again. Sad face.

I think that is the crux of it ... I'm ok with with subtle results from low cost options. But for real money, I'd be beyond disappointed at some of the "afters I've seen!

That's great you see results in your neck. I definitely need some help in that area

15 minutes ago, froufrou said:

I've been doing some microneedling at home. I've yet to see any results. I have the Nuface device too... it does give me some results - not on my gobbler, but subtle results on the rest of my face.

I fear I'm going to have to go under the knife... I don't think any of the stuff I'm doing is going to do anything.

I also have one of those microneedling rollers. I don't think it has any effect either.

What I am interested in is a combo of RF & Microneedling. One of the machines/companies is called Profound RF. Their before and afters are pretty dramatic. In the office where I got my filler, they had posters up for a different machine/company, and their neck example was AMAZING. But the prices I have seen are high, like over $1K. I'm just not willing to take that kind of financial risk

In my plastic surgery thread @ms.sss brought up a facelift vs. theses non-surgical alternatives. I think it is a good question. If a facelift will cost $10-$12K, and be dramatic. How much does it make sense to pay for these more subtle alternatives?

10 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I think that is the crux of it ... I'm ok with with subtle results from low cost options. But for real money, I'd be beyond disappointed at some of the "afters I've seen!

That's great you see results in your neck. I definitely need some help in that area

I also have one of those microneedling rollers. I don't think it has any effect either.

What I am interested in is a combo of RF & Microneedling. One of the machines/companies is called Profound RF. Their before and afters are pretty dramatic. In the office where I got my filler, they had posters up for a different machine/company, and their neck example was AMAZING. But the prices I have seen are high, like over $1K. I'm just not willing to take that kind of financial risk

In my plastic surgery thread @ms.sss brought up a facelift vs. theses non-surgical alternatives. I think it is a good question. If a facelift will cost $10-$12K, and be dramatic. How much does it make sense to pay for these more subtle alternatives?

K, here is my contribution to the conversation:

1) During and immediately after the weight loss, my neck was in serious turkey territory. At the time it was my number one priority for plastics. But over about 3-4 months after I stopped losing weight, my neck is significantly less gobble-gobbley. I've done nothing to it except maybe massage it every morning and night when applying my moisturizer. It is still not the best, but it is much better than before. And I'm 47 so my snap-back-young-skin days are behind me. Sooooo for those still in weight loss or just finishing, give it some time and you may see some improvement later on.

2) In the summer of 2018 (before WLS), I started a round of IPL and Laser to remove my freckles. First it totally works, and second, it had the bonus side effect of reducing the appearance of lines at the side of my eyes, between my eyebrows and to a lesser extend my nasolabial folds. I believe it has to do with the whole encouraging collegen growth. However, now with all the weight loss (and I haven't gone again since surgery), my wrinkles are back plus some. I paid $1000 CAD for 6 sessions. Sooooo, I can attest to the validity of IPL and Laser to address fine wrinkles, from personal experience (I dunno about RF though).

3) I think that no amount of-non surgical options will give the result of addressing nasolabial folds & neck sagging with any a degree of high effectiveness or permanence. With the exception of botox/fillers which have results, but not the permanence (and can actually cost you more in the long run). And I'm not sure botox/fillers would address neck sag?

Anyway, that's my brain dump for y'all this morning.

With that said, I already have a face lift to address neck & my NL folds (and maaaaabye a butt lift) on my wish list this year...but I dunno, I am sort of sick of surgery.

Edited by ms.sss

UPDATE

This machine does nothing but vibrate - Only had it two weeks but Seems to be a Rip or vodoo potion.

Will keep you informed but do not buy it

thank you all so much for your input, great help and THANK YOU @AJ Tylo you rock xx