Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2019 Sleevers, how are you doing? What’s your stats?

I was sleeved 12/23/19, down 23lbs. My HW 205, GW 130, Ht 5'1". We all lose at different rates. Dont compare yourself to another, remind yourself it will happen in good time sticking with your new tool plan. I had my 1st post op visit Tues. Was cleared for regular foods and tbh, never so happy to have a spinach salad again! Im on 20# weight restrictions until 6 wks out. I have been blessed not to have any issues after surgery. I do take my Multivitamin after a tblspoon of yougurt each time. I get my Protein and Water in with Premier Protein water, I switched my coffee creamer to adding 2oz of premier vanilla shake to my coffee, and I drink water the rest of the time. I avg. 50 oz of water and 60grms of protein daily. Please note I've always been a huge water drinker so maybe this is why I can get so much liquid down. One food I cant get down is breads, it sticks in my throat every time, even salad croutons! I usually have a few teaspoons of hummus or refried Beans for lunch. I thought I would miss food more but I dont. My surgeon advised to eat 1-2 small plant based meals a day. And no more than 3-4oz total of all food per meal.

Congrats to everyone for starting this journey! Regardless of weight loss rate and sm struggles, you got this and will be so much happier by Spring time!

Hi Everyone,
Great to hear that I'm not alone! I was sleeved on 12/30/19. I have been down almost 25 pounds since last Thursday. I started puree stage then and since, then the scale has gone up a little then down. I know that my body is trying to adjust I'm sure. I am eating puree 3x a day, about 2 oz of cottage cheese with a little bit of peach puree, scrambled egg, chicken, a little spinach puree, and light Soup. I am really struggling to getting more than 48 oz of Water. Very tired of Protein Shakes, ugh and a wee bit of nausea now and again. Been walking around the block, doing light arm and leg exercises. My next Dr appt is in 3 months! He told me to start on regular food at week 4, no more puree. I eat slow and sometimes can feel it, other times I don't feel restriction at all, depending on the food. I'm so worried about stretching out my pouch! I am averaging about 500-600 calories per day.
We're surgery twins! Congrats on your progress. I am struggling with my water and Protein still. Currently on puree stage as well.

As of today I am down 31 lbs so that's a win. Although the only place I see the loss is in my feet...i keep telling my husband to look how skinny my feet are. Wish the loss could've started with my chin(s)!

Good luck and continued progress to everyone

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

That's awesome! 31 pounds is great! I haven't weighed myself in a couple days, trying to not obsess LOL. I too have lost in my feet, but mostly in my arms and legs. I keep trying to get all my Water in, but inevitably by bedtime, there's still more to drink!! I'm so sick of Protein Shakes. Keep up the good work!

I had mine on 12/23.... I’ve had some complications... even now I’m still on liquids and full
Liquids, but I’ve been throwing up
Almost daily and have really bad heart burn all the time and some sharp pains in my abdomen.

Sleeved 12/20 and down 21.5 post op. Stalled though as scale hasn’t moved in a week 😬😬

Hello emotions, I feel like that is the worst of everything! I can deal with the 4/6 TBS per meal. The pain is quite honestly just incision pain, not bad. But the crying... OMG I considered calling for an antidepressant but I was perfectly fine before surgery. I know this to will pass! I was 287 pre liquid, 271 DO, and currently 255. My VSG was on New Years Eve🥳 Done with purée on Wednesday! I just want the crying and emotions to stop! I’m not crabby just sobbing; some days nothing - and other days all day long. 🙄😭

On 1/18/2020 at 3:58 AM, Krissy_88 said:

I had mine on 12/23.... I’ve had some complications... even now I’m still on liquids and full
Liquids, but I’ve been throwing up
Almost daily and have really bad heart burn all the time and some sharp pains in my abdomen.

Hi Krissy,

We're surgery twins! How are you doing? Did the vomiting stop? Just slowly take in what you can liquid wise and focus on hydration over Protein. Let us know how your feeling, lots of seasoned people here to help.

I had my sleeve on 12/2 and have lost 68 lbs. I struggle to eat but find the more real foods I get in, instead of ignoring not wanting to eat, the more I lose. Reading this topic made me feel a little better. I posted earlier about trouble eating and I can see everyone has had their struggles too.

WTG everyone!

Surgery date was 12/16. Pre surgery i was at 248, today I'm at 217. Nothing that i eat is satisfying. I've finally hit the soft food stage and started eating chicken...and i swear it tastes like nothing. My emotions are back on track and I'm finally starting to feel normal again!

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Still stuck at 250 here.

HW 312 SW 275 CW 250

I randomly dropped 2lbs but it was back the next morning. Been stuck here about 2 weeks :angry:

My surgery was 12/28 and I'm down a little over 19 lbs. I just got out of the 3 week stall that lasted about 9 days. It was torture!! :) I do have to make sure I keep up on my Water. I'm still on purees until this Saturday then I move to "soft foods." I'm looking forward to that after a month of liquids and purees. But I'm mostly not all that hungry and I get full so fast. I can eat about 2 oz of refried Beans or ricotta with marinara sauce and I'm done. I still do a lot of Protein Shakes to get my Protein in. I use it in my coffee and always bring a shake with me in the car when I'm out and about.

I had my surgery 12/10/19 and I have lots of temptations and I've slipped up bc food kinda was an addiction for me and I "quit cold turkey" and the diet planning is hard when you live on a budget. Anyone have any ideas on which brands or food are good bc I've run out of Protein Shakes so I may not be getting enough not sure

but overall it's still successful I've lost 34 lbs since then and don't need to take blood pressure pills or diabetic medicine so that's pretty cool to me

Sent from my Z557BL using BariatricPal mobile app

I just had my one month w/my surgeon, and dietician. I am cleared to go to the gym and eat solids but I feel I’m not there yet, food-wise, just by listening to my body. I’m stilll doing Protein Shakes, yogurts and some Bariatric broths to be sure I get all my Protein. I can still only eat a small amount in a sitting!! Bit feeling good 💪🏼💪🏼

So far lost 32lbs. I’m doing fantastic and only issues is drinking 64oz of Water a day...only can drink 22oz so far. No issues with food but I don’t eat bread, rice, Pasta and eat a low sugar and do no caffeine