Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

You're actually a year and a couple of weeks. :) Congrats!

Thanks!

Wasn't my surgery on 12/26/19 just a couple of weeks after OP's surgery date of 12/10/2019?

Or did I reply to the wrong post?

23 minutes ago, CO_Adventurer said:

Thanks!

Wasn't my surgery on 12/26/19 just a couple of weeks after OP's surgery date of 12/10/2019?

Or did I reply to the wrong post?

Derp! You're totally right! LOL. I thought you were talking about @GradyCat ! LOL! nevermind...lol! ;)

I was sleeved 12/12/19, I have lost 27 lbs to date.

My typical day:

5am: 20oz coffee with one scoop of muscle milk powder (25g protein).

7am: 1oz of sautéed kale, potatoes, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, flavored with nutritional yeast, for extra Protein (6g protein).

8am: 16oz. Of Hot tea with one scoop of bulletproof no flavor protein and a teaspoon of stevia (20g protein).

11am: 1 oz of sautéed broccoli, sweet potatoes, kale, onions, black Beans, ground flax seed, nutritional yeast (6g protein)

12pm: 32oz. Crystal light infused with cucumber and lemon.

5pm: 1oz of sautéed carrots, kale, onions, red/yellow peppers, quinoa, seasoned with nutritional yeast (6g protein).

7pm: 16oz sugar free Gatorade

Tinesia

That sounds miserable. Like is that sustainable for you in the long term? Where is the animal Protein?

I’m trying to cut out my meat, and get Protein with plants. Muscle milk, and bulletproof are animal based protein, I’m using what I have left over. The plant based diet sits so much easier on my tummy. Eating meat is miserable to me now, it’s so heavy. Protein comes in many forms plant based, quinoa, chia seed, Flax seed, nuts, Peanut Butter, Beans, legumes, nutritional yeast. (Animals eat plants, that’s where they get there protein from). I’m just cutting out the middle man...(animal).

Just now, Tinesia said:

I’m trying to cut out my meat, and get Protein with plants. Muscle milk, and bulletproof are animal based Protein, I’m using what I have left over. The plant based diet sits so much easier on my tummy. Eating meat is miserable to me now, it’s so heavy. Protein comes in many forms plant based, quinoa, chia seed, Flax seed, nuts, Peanut Butter, Beans, legumes, nutritional yeast. (Animals eat plants, that’s where they get there protein from). I’m just cutting out the middle man...(animal).

You are just early days hon. You are still healing. Of course meat sits heavy in your tummy. Eat things like foil wrapped fish, or tuna/chicken salad right now. Things that are wet and light.

I’m pretty happy with cutting the meat out, now vegan balls, boca crumbles, and tofu are also In my diet...there is plenty of plant based Protein to go around. I had been working towards a plant based diet for awhile. The surgery just helped push me along a lil quicker. The hubby is doing it with me as well. He is borderline full blown diabetic, has high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. He said if all is numbers improve, he will gladly stay away from meat. So far both our energy is up, and we just “feel” good.

Sadly, most vegetarians I know are quite obese. It's a noble concept, but not really that healthy compared to a balanced diet. I'm staying away from anything with a face

3 hours ago, Fatboyslim1 said:

Sadly, most vegetarians I know are quite obese. It's a noble concept, but not really that healthy compared to a balanced diet. I'm staying away from anything with a face

really? Most of the vegetarians I know are very healthy...

Some vegetarians do eat a lot of processed foods, which sadly can make for obese vegetarians. I didn’t get to this thread because I made the best of decisions but am definitely taking this second chance at life to make better choices.

13 minutes ago, Tinesia said:

Some vegetarians do eat a lot of processed foods, which sadly can make for obese vegetarians. I didn’t get to this thread because I made the best of decisions but am definitely taking this second chance at life to make better choices.

Good for you, and best of luck!