Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2019 sleevers

Just checking on everyone. We seem like a smaller group compared to other months I'm down 42lbs. Its definitely come g off a little slower now. I am 3 months post op next week. How is everyone else faring?

I was 10/28 but RNY down 55lbs

10/28 Sleeve - down 32.00 since surgery but 62 since I began the journey last January 2019

10/28 sleeve, down 50 since surgery, about 104 since I started my own journey in July. I hit a mini stall and then upped my exercise. That did it for me.

Down 48 pounds....going pretty slow...but I have PCOS...so any loss is still good.

Oct 30 Here...RNY 219 on surgery day, 177.6 this morning. In a small stall the past week and a half which hopefully will break soon. So 42 lost since surgery, 15 before surgery on liquids for a total of 57 lbs. about 30 more to goal..

On 1/18/2020 at 6:44 AM, JohnTaylorsFan said:

Down 48 pounds....going pretty slow...but I have PCOS...so any loss is still good.

I, too, have PCOS, and I feel we have to fight a little harder for it. But we'll get there. :)

On 1/21/2020 at 7:21 AM, Cherylmilla said:

I, too, have PCOS, and I feel we have to fight a little harder for it. But we'll get there. :)

Yes....we do have to fight a lot harder for it. But I think losing it a little slower might be better for our bodies. We will win this fight though!!!💪:91_thumbsup:😉

That's the spirit keep positive whatever makes you feel better 😀

I was sleeved on Oct 15, 2019. I lost 50 lbs in the 6 months leading up to surgery, and weighed 242 on surgery day. This morning I weighed 176 lbs: 115 lbs lighter than I was at this time last year 🤩, and down 66lbs since surgery four months ago 😍. My BMI has gone from 55 to 32, and I'm physically able - and have enough energy - to do everything I want, including being active 7 days a week with hill hiking, race walking, distance cycling, squash, cardio, weights, sea kayaking, downhill skiing, etc. Currently I’m training for a triathlon (5km race walk, 400m swim, 20km cycle) in August, and will be walking the Camino de Santiago, a distance of 800km (500 miles) for 35 days in June.

Though the surgeon set a goal for me based on the fact that I always weighed somewhere between 117lbs - 125lbs up until I was in my mid-30's, I don’t have any real expectations about how much I'll lose overall, nor do I have any specific timeframe in mind. I don't compare my loss to anyone else's since everyone's journey is different. Instead, what works best for me is to concentrate on being strong and fit and healthy, enjoying a whole foods plant-based diet, taking good care of my mind as well as my body, keeping a positive attitude, and looking for NSV's for validation and encouragement rather than at numbers on the scale.

Happy sleevedom to all!

Edited by PollyEster