Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

I had gastric sleeve surgery on the 3rd July 2019, my starting weight was 120kg/265lb and is now 83.5kg/184lb which don’t get me wrong, I’m happy with but at 5ft1 my ‘goal weight’ is around 134lb which seems so far away and impossible for me right now. Since October I’ve only lost 7kg and for the past month or so it hasn’t moved at all, just the same lb up and down. Is this it for me? Has anyone experience it stopping this early? Thankyou x

Sorry to hear that... I had my surgery Oct 28 at 116.5kg I'm currently 91.5kgs but my starting weight was 146kgs back in August... My weight came off quickly but now I'm stuck with little to no movement the past week...

I'm a man 6ft tall so I need to be like 80-84kgs I think the last 10kgs will be the hardest!!!

You'll have to look closely at your calories and carbs etc

@superman84 ahh it sucks doesn’t it :( you’re doing so well and atleast it’s only 10kgs for you! Still a lot but not as much as the 22.8kg I’ve got left 😂😩 it’s getting me down so much. Yeah I know that but the trouble is I don’t know what calories I’m meant to be at or anything 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t get many appointments with my nutritionist etc and when I do she says she doesn’t go by cals so that’s not helpful lol

2 minutes ago, tjgillman said:

@superman84 ahh it sucks doesn’t it :( you’re doing so well and atleast it’s only 10kgs for you! Still a lot but not as much as the 22.8kg I’ve got left 😂😩 it’s getting me down so much. Yeah I know that but the trouble is I don’t know what calories I’m meant to be at or anything 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t get many appointments with my nutritionist etc and when I do she says she doesn’t go by cals so that’s not helpful lol

I'm only 10 weeks post op still mostly on shakes. Try not to go over 20g carbs.

Around 500-600cal a day. No sugar. High Protein.

I'm not sure if I need to increase protein or calories or start exercise to help with those final kgs.

You should find a local dietitian mate.

Are you Australian?

Oh wow you’re doing exceptionally well then to only have 10kgs left?! I’m 6 months post op now so I feel like I should have lost more :( I never did the shakes thing as I’m in the UK and we do it differently. Purées for 4 weeks, soft foods for another 4 then normal solids after that. Oh god see I was on that amount of cals and stalled so my dietician/nutritionist told me I can’t be having enough and to up it and everyone online said I should be having 1000cal so that’s what I’ve been doing.. I’ve been going back down to 800 aswell to see but nothing is shifting. I find getting in a lot of Protein quite difficult, maybe that’s what’s doing it. No I’m not I’m in England and unfortunately as it’s free healthcare (although I’m very very grateful) it’s a bit harder to get appointments quickly etc. I have my next one on the 6th feb so hopefully they give me some answers and not tell me my body is done losing lol as last time she told me most people stop losing at 9 months ish 😩 thankyou for replying x

I hit my low point at 6 months out and spent the past 2 months basically sideways. Around a week ago the scale did start to finally move. Attaching my weight chart so you can see what it looks like. I do shakes to supplement but its only a few days a week and never more than 1 per day.

image.thumb.png.cc0ee0981aa39c3a86e7d6155ffe1077.png

@brent701 thankyou so much for sharing, that gives me great hope! Do you know what your calorie intake is and what activity do you do if you don’t mind me asking? I need ideas lol 😩

Im not a model citizen, never have been. I still make poor choices but the quantity is always small. Im at 1000-1400 calories depending if there was some unhealthy splurge. Very little exercise through the week but am very active on weekends.

That’s good because neither am I lol. Oh wow I’m on around 1000 and I thought that might be too high but maybe not? I see. I try to take walks etc as much as I can but I’m quite limited as I have bad arthritis etc so I’m worried that’s what’s holding me back. I can only hope things move again soon.

You may have hit a long stall/plateau. Now is a good time to check in with your Team (if you can) to receive sound medical advice, conduct labs & see the NUT again.

Good Luck 💚

@greentealael I have had many stalls along the way but never this long it’s worrying me so much! Thankyou I will do, as I’m in the UK and rely on free healthcare I cannot get an appointment with my NUT any sooner than 6th feb so I can only pray that it moves before then or if not that she can give me some good answers.. thankyou x

Oh yes, it happened to me too. FYI there's a "slow loser" thread in the forums. I stalled after six months. Then I got frustrated and ate some Cookies and doughnuts and gained a few lbs (less than 10) but now at a year post-op I'm back on track and losing again. I think my body needed the break.

Oh is there?! Sorry I’m new to this app, I will have to check that out. Ah I see, that’s good to hear and I’m hoping it will be the same for me. Thankyou for your help x

You lost a lot, really fast. Your body is probably just resetting and getting used to the drastic drop in a short time. That is how I felt when my weight loss slowed drastically. Stalls are normal! Stick to the program. Talk to your nutritionist. Kick up the exercise routine.

@momof3_angels do you think so? I didn’t think it was that fast compared to some people on here.. but that has made me feel a lot better, thankyou. I will do, thankyou very much x