Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I actually prefer not to die

8 hours ago, jubug09 said:

Too bad you love so far away. I'd totally tell you to will your BDSM to me. Bwahaha! Btw I used to live in Gila bend. Tuscon was a nice place. Gila bend sucked big ones. Best of luck on your surgery!!

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using BariatricPal mobile app

I love exploring Gila bend. I dig abandoned places and weirdness. If I survive surgery, (Jan 27!!) I need to get back there.

Most of my postings are bullshit, BTW.

I just got a spanking from the moderator (Not saying I don't enjoy a good spanking) so from here on in, I will not be using any colorful language.

Image result for sad face

I just found out (yesterday!) that I am having the surgery on Feb. 3, and started reading more posts and your posts made me really laugh. I am glad you are going first, and will be looking for reality based or at least reality adjacent updates. You know, if you live through it, I mean. I don't want to be haunted by you, I don't even know you!

26 minutes ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

I just found out (yesterday!) that I am having the surgery on Feb. 3, and started reading more posts and your posts made me really laugh. I am glad you are going first, and will be looking for reality based or at least reality adjacent updates. You know, if you live through it, I mean. I don't want to be haunted by you, I don't even know you!

In preparation, I've gone out and gotten new tattoos:

Image result for do not amputate humor

On 1/15/2020 at 8:46 AM, brian10x said:

I love exploring Gila bend. I dig abandoned places and weirdness. If I survive surgery, (Jan 27!!) I need to get back there.

Most of my postings are bullshit, BTW.

LOL I figured. I think you may be the only person alive that enjoys Gila Bend hah! Of course there's probably more there now. We were there in the early 80's when there was NOTHING but the air force base, one hotel, and the A&W.

I've been trolling this forum for months, and its been a wealth of information.
Things are starting to get real, as my insurance company says I will have a decision within 5 days. My doctor says they kinda have to say yes.
On my surgeon's web page,it says he's done over 3000 procedures. Now, I'm a man that isn't scared of a whole lot. I race cars, shoot guns, wrestle grizzly bears for fun (well, two out of three ain't bad) and I usually just duct tape my wounds and walk it off.
But I'm 59 and I am thinking about death a lot.
What is my surgeon gets bored and falls asleep?
I guess I should make a will. I don't want the state to get my dogs or my guns if I die. Or my collection of studded leather BDSM gear.

Nothing wrong with a little fear. It's a natural response of fight or flight. Sounds like this surgery could have a positive impact on your ability to do things you like. Once approved, it could be a second chance at life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/9/2020 at 9:37 AM, brian10x said:

I've been trolling this forum for months, and its been a wealth of information.

Things are starting to get real, as my insurance company says I will have a decision within 5 days. My doctor says they kinda have to say yes.

On my surgeon's web page,it says he's done over 3000 procedures. Now, I'm a man that isn't scared of a whole lot. I race cars, shoot guns, wrestle grizzly bears for fun (well, two out of three ain't bad) and I usually just duct tape my wounds and walk it off.

But I'm 59 and I am thinking about death a lot.

What is my surgeon gets bored and falls asleep?

I guess I should make a will. I don't want the state to get my dogs or my guns if I die. Or my collection of studded leather BDSM gear.

The doctor that did mine has another doctor present. So if he dozed off there was another. I had mine done at the end of July. The first surgery I had in 2005 to have a band put in scared the piss out of me, I had never had surgery before. Unfortunately, I've had several done now, you can worry, or just trust your judgment. I always say "let go, let God" it's in his hands and not mine. But the life I gained since surgery is just amazing and well worth all the worry in the world.

@brian10x you are hilarious. Every time I read your post, I’m laughing. Most of the men in my life(husband, dad, brother in law, etc) are the same way, so you don’t offend me.
best of luck on your surgery. I’m scheduled feb 19th. Hoping I don’t die as well! But figure if I don’t go thru with it, I will probably end up doing just that so I might as well try!

but seriously, I’m looking forward to a new start and a better life!

1 hour ago, brian10x said:

Or I could die.

Image result for casket

Is that the casket you picked? I figured you were more of a shroud guy...

11 hours ago, JRT Mom said:

Is that the casket you picked? I figured you were more of a shroud guy...

ACTUALLY, I'm more of a "burn me and throw the ashes into the trash". After all, I'm gone, why waste resources?

11 hours ago, Sandra Nuelken said:

The doctor that did mine has another doctor present. So if he dozed off there was another. I had mine done at the end of July. The first surgery I had in 2005 to have a band put in scared the piss out of me, I had never had surgery before. Unfortunately, I've had several done now, you can worry, or just trust your judgment. I always say "let go, let God" it's in his hands and not mine. But the life I gained since surgery is just amazing and well worth all the worry in the world.

I asked God, and he wants me here. Says, even though I'm working to be a better person, he's got to smooth out a few rough edges first.

Did I say a few? f**k!

2 minutes ago, brian10x said:

I asked God, and he wants me here. Says, even though I'm working to be a better person, he's got to smooth out a few rough edges first.

Did I say a few? f**k!

I didn't add the ** in my reply. It must have been automatic. I assume the audience here is composed mostly of tender snowflakes, and the last thing I want to do is intrude on someone's safe space. Oh, Motherfacker!

Edited by brian10x