Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 day post op RNY Stomach is loving 2 oz. of Chicken lunch meat.

I tried 1 piece of black forest ham on day 5. Chewed to a pulp, went down fine. The next morning at 1am I ate one more with no problems. So I woke up this morning after fasting last night for labs this morning with my PCP office. I explained what I had done and explained that my surgeon was made aware that I ate lunch meat already. He said some people advance and heal faster than others. He said I'm at least craving Protein. He asked if I've been getting all my protein in each day. I told him yes as I am. He said he will confer with my surgeon at the end of the day. He said try a few pieces of turkey or chicken is what he would recommend first. So on the way home I went to Walmart and bought some chicken lunch meat. Came home and eat 2 pieces well chewed, wated for 20 minutes. No growling, no distress just totally quiet. So an hour later I ate 5 slices that I weighed the meat out to be 2oz.. 1.5 hrs later I'm still great.

That sounds like a feat at 7 days! It's good you are letting your team know what you are up to. How tall and heavy are you?

Right now I'm 220lbs and 5'6", I was 287lbs. I lost 60lbs before surgery.

Just be really careful.... your stomach is still healing.

20 minutes ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Right now I'm 220lbs and 5'6", I was 287lbs. I lost 60lbs before surgery.

I'm not having any problems meeting my Water 64oz or Proteins 70grams each day. No more soreness or pains. Still not lifting over 30lbs. Feel like before surgery.

5 minutes ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

I'm not having any problems meeting my Water 64oz or Proteins 70grams each day. No more soreness or pains. Still not lifting over 30lbs. Feel like before surgery.

Just took this pic 7 days post op.

00100sPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200107152541340_COVER.jpg

2 minutes ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Just took this pic 7 days post op.

00100sPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200107152541340_COVER.jpg

Feeling good! My back still is killing me but everything related to the RNY is going great.

No but it seems like some doctor's directions for times seem to be different. I won't even eat Mashed potatoes. I don't like mushy foods. I told my surgeon this and he said I would have to be the blender then. Chew till everything that was a solid, is a pulp.

Edited by Slimming Down Steve

Next morning update. I had no signs and no dumping from eating the 2oz of chicken, so it's on the menu today. I plan on 2oz for lunch and dinner and that will be 20grams of Protein. Plus I'll have a Breakfast shake with 30 grams. In-between these times I will have a cup of Fair Life skim milk with 13grams of protein. Total of 63grams protein.

1 hour ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Next morning update. I had no signs and no dumping from eating the 2oz of chicken, so it's on the menu today. I plan on 2oz for lunch and dinner and that will be 20grams of Protein. Plus I'll have a Breakfast shake with 30 grams. In-between these times I will have a cup of Fair Life skim milk with 13grams of Protein. Total of 63grams protein. Also staying under 600 calories a day.

As long as your doctor didn't scold you, I guess it's okay. It's unusual to eat solid food that quickly as your stomach is still healing, but glad it is working out for you.