Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 3-4 food suggestions or recipes

2 million suggestions on this site do a search

Search on Google for "Eggface's Ricotta Bake" If you can eat cottage cheese you can have ricotta. That recipe is delish! I also like to take refried Beans, smear them out in the bottom of a little bowl, put in some tabasco and sprinkle cheese on the top, and nuke it til the cheese melts. Good Protein there, and OK on the soft diet I was given.

Good luck and Bon Appétit!

Edited by JRT Mom

like the above poster suggested, check "The World According to Eggface" blog. Her ricotta bake recipe is hugely popular, but she's got other recipes on there as well - some for all stages.

I am making tuna salad, fresh avocado, baked fish, sweet potatoes, Bone Broth chicken noodle Soup,

7 minutes ago, Tinesia said:

I am making tuna salad, fresh avocado, baked fish, sweet potatoes, Bone Broth chicken noodle Soup,

This all sounds right and delicious!

I am bad at logging, and now i wish i had. I cannot remember for the life of me what i ate during the puree stage LOLOL.. It was only a year ago and even though i am still at a few bites and done unless it is soup... i cannot recall what i ate in the earlier stages.

My go to at this point (I am right at 4 weeks) is put some refried Beans in my bowl, then add some ground turkey, salsa and cheese and put in the microwave. It so yummy.. That and the ricotta bake is popular.

5 hours ago, 10SDIVA56 said:

What search topics would you suggest. I have tried several and got nothing.

Usually searches by phase and//or stage should yield some helpful results like search for 'soft food phase', 'pureed food phase',, etc.

Here's something I threw together that was approved for my weeks 4-6 after surgery that was pretty delish. I'm calling it "Bariatric Lasagna".

1/2 cup soft cooked macaroni 1/2 cup ricotta cheese 1/2 cup cottage cheese 1/4 no sugar added spaghetti sauce Mix all ingredients. top with some mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Microwave until warm and cheese is melted. Makes about 4 half cup servings.

I guess if you aren't vegetarian you could add some hamburger if you are allowed it.

Edited by JRT Mom