Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could i smoke after 1 month ?

I think you are insane! I quit for about 3 weeks before and 2 weeks after and this idiot started again! Sure you can smoke but why? I regret ever starting again, You have made the decision to get healthy and you want to kill yourself with the cigarettes? Makes no sense to me at all
Get a dog or play a game or get meds for your anxiety - But smoking would be the last decsion and this is coming from someone who F@#cked up big time and started again
I really apperciate it , that you care about me And what you said was really impressive , i decided to dont smoke again but im sooo upset , food and cigarette was only things that made me happy and now i dont know to what should i do what should i do when i want to give myself a prize

Sent from my SM-G955F using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes please do not start back up. I was a smoker too, I quit just 1 month ago so I could move forward and get my surgery date (which is 4/7/20) and I have no desire to go back. Get one of those app's that tracks how much money you have saved and how many cigarettes you HAVEN'T smoked it really helps me to see those numbers. My mother died from lung cancer and it's not a nice way to go. I know I would think the same thing it helps with my anxiety...but no it does not. Like someone said to me, your going though this process to better yourself and your heath. Why would you start doing something like that again? Smoking.
You can do this we can be buds lol we both stopped around the same time. 🙂

3 hours ago, amirali.zarrin said:

I really apperciate it , that you care about me And what you said was really impressive , i decided to dont smoke again but im sooo upset , food and cigarette was only things that made me happy and now i dont know to what should i do what should i do when i want to give myself a prize

copy and paste?

19 hours ago, amirali.zarrin said:

Hi every one !

I used to smoke befor surgery , but i quit 6 weeks befor surgery and im now 3 weeks post op .

I really want to smoke again beacuse i think smoking reduces my anxiety .

Does smoking would be harmful after one 1 month of surgery ( i mean things that are related to the surgery not the common effects of smokin cigarette )

Does anyone smoke after surgery ?

First of all smoking will kill you and is horrible for you but that aside, I know at least the program I did- they refuse to do the surgery on smokers and you are told you can never smoke again. And since you already got over the hard part and quit why pick up the bad habit again. You are doing so well. Stay the course and stay off the Cigs. You can do this.

I really have sympathy for you: this kind of addiction can't be beaten just by motivational platitudes.

Initially giving up smoking is not the hard part - you have to decide to give up every day for years and years - that's the hard part. Finding alternative activities is helpful, but some day you will fall down and smoke again. Having a plan for when you fall off the wagon is the key. I suppose some people could say that that is just planning for failure, but I disagree. It's just planning for the day that your human weaknesses get the better of you. Everyone here has those days. You're giving up two addictions at once and that's harder than giving up one(!)

Having re-read this, I realise that I sound quite strident. I don't mean to be disrespectful of anyone who has given helpful or genuinely-meant advice.

I am having surgery in two weeks and was told to stop smoking 6 weeks before surgery...I have two weeks and have put down now...will they be able to tell if I was smoking and it's only been two weeks or will I have to start over with program..