Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days since surgery and my abs finally aren't hurting.

Seems like it's going to be a great day, the sun is shining, I took my first crap, I ate a piece of Hillshire farms black Forest ham around 1am and still no problems, my Decaf coffee and slim fast caramel latte 1/2 bottle is going down just smooth, my horse pill medications that my surgeon told me to keep taking are going down fine. I want to thank everyone for their support and to the ladies: love ya, to the guys: fist bump.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

I thought about that too. I'm wanting meat, it's always been my staple as far as food go. I woke up dreaming about a salted ham. I chewed the hell out of each bite. It was emulsified before I swallowed and took around 10 minutes to eat 1 slice. No grumbling from my gut some of the horse pills I have to swallow were bigger than the bites. And it was great. This body craves meat and always has.

Oh, be careful eating solid food so soon after surgery. Glad you had your first bowel movement, that always is a blessing. But follow your eating plan closely, please, to avoid any problems. Stay on liquids for two weeks, then soft foods, before venturing into solids. Take care and good luck on your weight loss journey.

I concerned. Should you be eating solid food yet?
My surgeon said he leaves the hole between the new stomach and the first connection bigger than normal and has never had a leak. And only 2 times had a strictures that were easily repaired. He told me around a week out try some very easily chewed foods very little at a time to see what I can handle, and to give at least 2hrs apart from each other with Water in between. I STRAIT UP TOLD HIM WHEN WE FIRST MEET THAT I DONT EAT ANYTHING LIKE BABY food EVEN MASHED POTATOES. He told me that he has other patients that don't like their food this way and he will have me be the blender. I will skip a stage and be very careful. I am planning on getting another slice around noonish. Thank you for your concern though. [emoji106]

Seems like it's going to be a great day, the sun is shining, I took my first crap, I ate a piece of Hillshire farms black Forest ham around 1am and still no problems, my Decaf coffee and slim fast caramel latte 1/2 bottle is going down just smooth, my horse pill medications that my surgeon told me to keep taking are going down fine. I want to thank everyone for their support and to the ladies: love ya, to the guys: fist bump.

I forgot to add that I'm now my lowest weight since I was 16yrs old.

High w 302, Normal w 287, pre-surgery w 239, and Ideal w 165. And 6 days post-op at 219.

Oh, be careful eating solid food so soon after surgery. Glad you had your first bowel movement, that always is a blessing. But follow your eating plan closely, please, to avoid any problems. Stay on liquids for two weeks, then soft foods, before venturing into solids. Take care and good luck on your weight loss journey.
I find it very strange how 2 different surgeon's tell their patients to follow different directions after surgery. Thank you all for your concerns. [emoji106]

5 hours ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Well today has so far turned out to be EXCELLENT! Except normal everyday pains. I HAVE SO FAR GOTTEN IN 36 OZ Water AND OVER 60 GRAMS OF Protein AND MY B12 5000MCG AND 2 OF MY 3 calcium citrate 630MG. WILL HAVE TO GET BACK ON THE WATER IN 10 MINUTES! My energy level up so I'm going to walk my dog for the first time since the day before surgery. He is super gentle to walk. I can let go of his leash and he will still walk in the heal position. Love this boy. Picture is from 2 yrs ago. White German Shepherd.

20180610_105225-1.jpg

6 hours ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Just got my first mile walk in with my dog. No pains except normal pre-op never go away pains. Started getting tired on the way back. Time for a shower. I am hoping everyone is feeling better today.

2 minutes ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Just got my first mile walk in with my dog. No pains except normal pre-op never go away pains. Started getting tired on the way back. Time for a shower. I am hoping everyone is feeling better today.

Here is Bruno just took his pictures. He brings much needed loving to my wife and I.

IMG_20200106_141532.jpg

IMG_20200106_141515.jpg

1 hour ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Here is Bruno just took his pictures. He brings much needed loving to my wife and I.

IMG_20200106_141532.jpg

IMG_20200106_141515.jpg

Took my shower and my third calcium citrate 630mg for today. After this shower the sticky strips started peeling off. Here's what their like now. Of course it's mirrored from the front lens. hair is coming back with a vengeance.

IMG_20200106_152109.jpg

IMG_20200106_152104.jpg

8 hours ago, mcfluffington said:

I concerned. Should you be eating solid food yet?

After your concern, I put in a call to my surgeon's nurse. She just called me back and said my surgeon has no problems with it as long as I chew to a pulp and eat only around an ounce at a time of one item. I need to find what hurts and what don't. He was impressed I started with ham and not something sweet like canned fruit like most others do. I told him I want meat. He said I can mix lean meat in my shakes as long as it's very small specks left. But nothing with seeds or nuts till after my appointment on the 20th.

9 hours ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

My surgeon said he leaves the hole between the new stomach and the first connection bigger than normal and has never had a leak. And only 2 times had a strictures that were easily repaired. He told me around a week out try some very easily chewed foods very little at a time to see what I can handle, and to give at least 2hrs apart from each other with Water in between. I STRAIT UP TOLD HIM WHEN WE FIRST MEET THAT I DONT EAT ANYTHING LIKE BABY food EVEN MASHED POTATOES. He told me that he has other patients that don't like their food this way and he will have me be the blender. I will skip a stage and be very careful. I am planning on getting another slice around noonish. Thank you for your concern though.

That slice of deli ham went down like a champ as well. It was purred before each bite slid in over in around 10 minutes.

3 hours ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Took my shower and my third calcium citrate 630mg for today. After this shower the sticky strips started peeling off. Here's what their like now. Of course it's mirrored from the front lens. hair is coming back with a vengeance.

IMG_20200106_152109.jpg

IMG_20200106_152104.jpg

Your incisions are looking good! Totally different places that mine though. Of course mine was a revision from sleeve. I have one directly inside my belly button and one on the right side of belly. The others are all below my belly button.

mine was also done robotically.

I see another little cutie back behind Bruno. Did he get to go for a walk too?

actually the more I look I think your incisions are about the same as mine were for sleeve.

Edited by Losingit2018

12 minutes ago, Losingit2018 said:

Your incisions are looking good! Totally different places that mine though. Of course mine was a revision from sleeve. I have one directly inside my belly button and one on the right side of belly. The others are all below my belly button.

mine was also done robotically.

I see another little cutie back behind Bruno. Did he get to go for a walk too?

actually the more I look I think your incisions are about the same as mine were for sleeve.

No Piglet can't and won't behave on or off a leash, he is my scurge around here. Was a wonderful puppy and had him snipped at 3 months old. Around 8 months he thought he was top dog of the world. He still hates everyone else but my wife. It's a constant conflict battle around here. He thinks my wife is his, he got the hell whipped out of him once when he bit me and broke skin while handing her her glasses. He's never bit me again. We just live to hate each other. Now my 2 cats and German Shepard get along great. If they get to close the little S**T will take a bite out of them. My German Shepard won't put up with his crap and dragged his butt out the doggie doors and laid on the porch for a few hours not letting him in. Funny as hell.

IMG_20191126_155345.jpg

Edited by Slimming Down Steve