Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, Just Another Plastics Story

You look fantastic! You have indeed come such a long way and should be so proud of yourself 🙂 your surgeon did an amazing job, everything looks so natural! I agree with you, stick with wanting the flat tummy, curves can be built with muscle later.😉

3 hours ago, JB1 said:

You look fantastic! You have indeed come such a long way and should be so proud of yourself 🙂 your surgeon did an amazing job, everything looks so natural! I agree with you, stick with wanting the flat tummy, curves can be built with muscle later.😉

Thank You!!!

4 hours ago, Audietx said:

Was it very expensive?

Compared to... Where? NYC? LA? Mexico? Colombia? Dominican? Turkey? Abu Dhabi?

Or which combination of procedures? Breast aug/Tummy Tuck? Breast aug/Brazilian butt lift? Lipo/Tummy tuck? Brazilian butt lift/Lipo? Breast aug/Lipo?

There are a lot of variables in consideration of price. My surgery was not very expensive (to me) considering that I am very satisfied ❤

Below a link to surgeons chiming in on the matter

https://www.realself.com/question/mommy-makeover-cost

Edited by GreenTealael

Update! Not much has changed so just a quick pic, nearly 11 months post MMO

Actually one thing is that I unintentionally tanned deeply during the summer months so ALL of my Incisions darkened, even my old lap scars. c'est la vie. I'm a Fitzpatrick IV/V skin type so par for the course

It doesn't bother me & I'm not worried about it because they're well hidden underneath underwear but I will need to address it at some point either through scar revision or some other modality

Plastics totally changed my silhouette so no big deal

645082627_IMG_20201119_1118552.thumb.jpg.85ddcdbe24105f2374ab999764503d1c.jpg

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Update! Not much has changed so just a quick pic, nearly 11 months post MMO

Actually one thing is that I unintentionally tanned deeply during the summer months so ALL of my Incisions darkened, even my old lap scars. c'est la vie. I'm a Fitzpatrick IV/V skin type so par for the course

It doesn't bother me & I'm not worried about it because they're well hidden underneath underwear but I will need to address it at some point either through scar revision or some other modality

plastics totally changed my silhouette so no big deal

645082627_IMG_20201119_1118552.thumb.jpg.85ddcdbe24105f2374ab999764503d1c.jpg

Those hips!! ❤️

Smokin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow you look amazing!!!
My surgery date is in a month! I can’t wait.
Since you traveled for yours as I am doing...hotel. How was staying in a hotel post op? Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

Wow you look amazing!!!
My surgery date is in a month! I can’t wait.
Since you traveled for yours as I am doing...hotel. How was staying in a hotel post op? Any suggestions?

I didn't stay in a hotel after surgery only for a day or two before. In Miami, recovery houses are common (It's like a cross between a hotel and assisted living facility but fancier) and I went alone for my 2nd surgery so this was the only real option.

If you are traveling with someone you should be totally fine if they are responsible enough to help out.

I would suggest bringing your own fitted sheet, plastic mattress protector and pillow cases so you don't damage the hotels accidentally. Also find the closest pharmacy and ask about rules for filling narcotic prescriptions and get the Rx early if you can.

Super exciting times coming your way, Congratulations and Good Luck ♥️

Edited by GreenTealael

Thanks Good idea on the sheets. Didn’t think about that. Yes I’ll have my hub w me so I will have help. The place you stayed sounds nice. Like the fancy medical spas the stars go to?
I’m going to my pre op appt coming up soon and will ask for the prescriptions then so I can fill them ahead of time. I’m also going to try and get a handicap room so I can have the bar by the toilet and to be on the first floor. My surgeon also wants me to order some sequential compression devices for my legs to keep the circulation while I’m in the car for the ride home. About 3 1/2 hours.
How were your drains? I will return to have them removed a couple weeks after.
I am very very excited! Can’t wait!
Wish cost wasn’t a factor. I’d do a lot more! Lol

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

Thanks Good idea on the sheets. Didn’t think about that. Yes I’ll have my hub w me so I will have help. The place you stayed sounds nice. Like the fancy medical spas the stars go to?
I’m going to my pre op appt coming up soon and will ask for the prescriptions then so I can fill them ahead of time. I’m also going to try and get a handicap room so I can have the bar by the toilet and to be on the first floor. My surgeon also wants me to order some sequential compression devices for my legs to keep the circulation while I’m in the car for the ride home. About 3 1/2 hours.
How were your drains? I will return to have them removed a couple weeks after.
I am very very excited! Can’t wait!
Wish cost wasn’t a factor. I’d do a lot more! Lol

I've seen those on Amazon!

The recovery house was slightly lower than spa level only because people just had procedures done so not much fun.

All of my procedures were drainless. My Surgeon used a procedure called progressive tension suturing to close the potential space of the Tummy Tuck. None of my other procedures required drains. (I think the methodology is up to the Surgeon not to say that any one way is better than the other but not having to have drains removed was a plus)

The accessible room and staying on the first floor should be really helpful.

My absolute top recommendation is to have the right pain management in place, being in pain after something that is considered "elective" can cause some serious early stage regret. This is super important big your Surgeon believes in early ambulation/ mobilization protocol, which most seem to push these days.

Most pain meds don't really work for me, they make me fall asleep a but not relieve pain. So through trial and error, I found that the rotation of 2 different meds nearly eliminates all the pain for those first 3-4 days. I never miss a dose, take more or less than recommended, stay on longer than a week. I then titrate down until I'm completely off and ready to use Tylenol PM only.

Edited by GreenTealael

Thanks for all the great advice!!

Plastics update! It’s been so long I forgot about these threads

Mood: Happy

Current weight:154 (no measurements as I can’t find my tape measure)

I’m still very happy with my outcomes but obviously I see little things I want fixed. I think that happens to many of us post plastics. Plastics is probably just the next rabbit hole.

7D670287-4FC2-4E1B-98D4-4DB21A9C990A.gif.0b873d31c5cca4f3f05c3ae59ef0ff5a.gif

Here’s this year’s bathing suit

Edited by GreenTealael