Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, Just Another Plastics Story

On 1/20/2020 at 9:37 AM, GreenTealael said:

Swollen but smoother than ever 😍

You look so good! It's so neat to see you girls go through this and be so happy with the results.

1 hour ago, justmetj said:

You look so good! It's so neat to see you girls go through this and be so happy with the results.

Thank you so much 💚

You look amazing! Congratulations!

1338846030_giphy(5).gif.6cbd1bddbc32f5ae32dec0eb1ef6ec37.gif

3+ weeks update

Last week I felt too swollen so I went to get checked out. Plenty of testing later it was decided I have two tiny pockets of Fluid (seroma) but they are not nearly big enough to aspirate. The plan is to let them disparate naturally. Ok,cool.

But then I also noticed my belly button is slower healing than everything else (my incisions are completely healed) so through constant communication with my plastics team and hometown intervention it has been suspected that because I had previous hernia repair (with VSG and RNY) the blood supply to the umbilicus is compromised #wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh😭😭😭😭

What this means so far, IDK but my surgeon believes it will heal properly but much slower than anticipated. That reassurance was... reassuring. I'm not bothered as it does not hurt, is not infected etc.

Besides that hiccup it has an amazing aesthetic value 😂 honestly everything has exceeded my expectations and its no big deal since I was prepared for a few speed bumps along the way

So swelling is gradually reducing thanks to wearing compression garments (or divine intervention) but I feel pretty good, like really really good.

The Tatas are no issue in fact they are beautiful and I could not be happier. I'm no longer taking Tylenol because I have no pain (Well ... just stiffness after sleeping laying too long) in fact I went to my niece's baby shower Saturday night. I worked hard and partied harder. I had forgotten I just had surgery when dancing and my boyfriend has to rein me in 😳

1742798519_Screenshot_2019-12-29-10-46-022.thumb.png.3f42eb5ac8af5f46d7a3f49d1c39ef52.png

952834852_Collage2020-01-2717_21_21.thumb.jpg.27bebd1e7c35eda28f3402a9a2bcdb03.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

56 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

#nevertrustamansopinion😂

Not if he's lookin' at boobies!

1 month + Update:

Life is progressing along, some days it like I never had surgery other days a sneeze leaves me incapacitated 😳

Belly button is coming along better now. My Primary swapped it for kicks and giggles to run a culture because she is that thorough. Turned out positive for an infection... no doubt from my inability to keep the area dry during showering.

No problem, messaged my surgeon to keep him in the loop and set up a follow up visit some time soon. Received a rx for antibiotics and I'm using a wound wash after I shower to clean the area as well as bacitracin. I am so glad I have a surgeon and primary who are consistently accessible.

Current weight today is 152 but 2 days ago ot was 162 because of Water retention and swelling 😳 this is exactly why you cant always trust the scale. I'm sure ill be something else tomorrow. Sadly with the water weight/ swelling I developed really nice curves and now they're gone again 😭

Bathing suit pics below (this suit didn't accommodate my breast pre surgery but now its slightly loose)

20978629_Collage2020-02-0516_37_46.thumb.jpg.9670872fea20e9c77bd8df5b211942b1.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

1 month + Update:

Life is progressing along, some days it like I never had surgery other days a sneeze leaves me incapacitated 😳

Belly button is coming along better now. My Primary swapped it for kicks and giggles to run a culture because she is that thorough. Turned out positive for an infection... no doubt from my inability to keep the area dry during showering.

No problem, messaged my surgeon to keep him in the loop and set up a follow up visit some time soon. Received a rx for antibiotics and I'm using a wound wash after I shower to clean the area as well as bacitracin. I am so glad I have a surgeon and primary who are consistently accessible.

Current weight today is 152 but 2 days ago ot was 162 because of Water retention and swelling 😳 this is exactly why you cant always trust the scale. I'm sure ill be something else tomorrow. Sadly with the Water weight/ swelling I developed really nice curves and now they're gone again 😭

Bathing suit pics below (this suit didn't accommodate my breast pre surgery but now its slightly loose)

20978629_Collage2020-02-0516_37_46.thumb.jpg.9670872fea20e9c77bd8df5b211942b1.jpg

Bathing suits and wine bottles - my kinda party! You look amazing, girl! Even a little deflated!

58 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Bathing suits and wine bottles - my kinda party! You look amazing, girl! Even a little deflated!

Shhhh... don't tell anyone but those are fancy waters 😂😂😂 I'm still on that b*******

2 Month Updates:

Wow ... time flies!

So I'm currently battling off and on extreme swelling because my body loves to retain fluids (I need to be on a sodium restrictive lifestyle anyways so this just reinforces the point)

Besides swelling that's slated to last months, i am totally satisfied with my results so far. I try to temper my expectations on healing & progress times by remembering just how far I've come.

Last night my surgeon said I can expect to begin to see my true results between 3-6 months post op. We can reevaluate if more work is needed at that point (to get super flat abdomen)

I'm totally on the fence now about fat transfer after seeing the recovery process first hand, but the results are spectacular. We'll see how I feel in a few months.

I am currently a full B cup (small C sometimes) and love it! The results of the lift look more natural by the week. Super satisfying that the one thing I really wanted turned out perfect.

Semi nude pic (swelling and all) 😉

20200302_094222_HDR.thumb.jpg.ba30fb301305fe7d36e7f56e087f5be2.jpg

20200302_094120.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

Damn!!! You look amazing!! I love how balanced your curves are, with those amazing hips and thighs. Sooo envious over here!

2 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Damn!!! You look amazing!! I love how balanced your curves are, with those amazing hips and thighs. Sooo envious over here!

Thank you!!! 😍😍😍 unfortunately it may be ALL swelling 😒, part of me doesn't want it to go away but then I'll never have the flat abdomen I want 😭

Edited by GreenTealael