Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, Just Another Plastics Story

1 hour ago, pssk said:

Congratulations! I’m happy for you and plan on joining the club in about a year.

I cannot wait to see all the new outfits! I just read that TT can mean 2-3 size change after swelling subsides.

No rush, do it at the pace that is comfortable to you and your budget ❤

Congratulations and good luck. I'd like to do that too, depending on the cost and whether or not I lose 20 more lbs.

6 minutes ago, GradyCat said:

I'd like to do that too, depending on the cost and whether or not I lose 20 more lbs.

I have to do my anastomosis revision and hiatoplastic/gastropexia first I guess. 😔

Surgeon said that patients can have an additional 10% weight loss after this. So I definitely don't want to rush the plastics stuff.

Day 2 post plastics: TMI TIME 😅

Lots of swelling and pain but i 💩 today! Seeing how everyone was constipated I decided to get ahead of the game with laxatives and stool softeners yesterday. Worth it 🏆

I am very tightly repaired (diastasis recti) and my surgeon somehow magically fixed my thighs. Shook 😳👏

11 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Yes unfortunately I could not find a $ugar Daddy

ROFL.

I guess I will be a self-pay, too. I guess it's not "enough" loose skin for insurance to pay (ok, I won't exclude being lucky so lets wait and see, I'm financially prepared already for the worst case though).

I'm looking into the Avelar technique and would have to go to Austria then but I essentially cancelled all the thoughts about plastics (well, almost all thoughts...) when surgeons recommended a revision and told me to expect another 10% weight loss. 6.something kg doesn't sound that much but at a height of 167 cm it means more than two BMI points.

However, I can have a mommy makeover myself then when the time comes around. Surgeons in Germany usually don't do breasts and tummy in one sitting when insurance covers the procedures because of how hospital stays are paid. (Germany's health care system is sick in its own special way.)

ETA: Yes, gotta see the bright site of being a self-pay. One can get what's medically safe and not what some insurance company thinks they're going to pay for.

Edited by summerset

Congrads and I am in Naples accross the alley - So the real question is can you go to fantasy fest and be painted?

1 hour ago, summerset said:

ROFL.

I guess I will be a self-pay, too. I guess it's not "enough" loose skin for insurance to pay (ok, I won't exclude being lucky so lets wait and see, I'm financially prepared already for the worst case though).

I'm looking into the Avelar technique and would have to go to Austria then but I essentially cancelled all the thoughts about plastics (well, almost all thoughts...) when surgeons recommended a revision and told me to expect another 10% weight loss. 6.something kg doesn't sound that much but at a height of 167 cm it means more than two BMI points.

However, I can have a mommy makeover myself then when the time comes around. Surgeons in Germany usually don't do breasts and tummy in one sitting when insurance covers the procedures because of how hospital stays are paid. (Germany's health care system is sick in its own special way.)

You are fortunate not to have crazy loose skin and I'm jealous.

Honestly the pain of the Tummy Tuck supersedes the breast... I barely feel that

I think insurance would have covered it but i wanted it done immediately

1 hour ago, AJ Tylo said:

Congrads and I am in Naples accross the alley - So the real question is can you go to fantasy fest and be painted?

Thanks ❤ and Nope 😅

Edited by GreenTealael

Congrats! So beyond excited for you! Good bye, rectus...blah blah blah!!! Hello flat tums!

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

You are fortunate not to have crazy loose skin and I'm jealous.

I can understand not wanting to jump through all of these silly insurance hoops and feeling like a piece of meat that's inspected by some stranger.

I will for sure try to get at least partial coverage but that "6 month of stable weight" alone means at least another year of waiting for me in the end.

And I have crazy loose skin on the front of my body... and also some lumps of fat on my upper inner thighs that really look out of proportion there.

image.png.a92c21f53ca0954c2a997fd69abd9ef2.pngI wish the rest of my body would look as defined as my back. 😞

Edited by summerset

2 hours ago, summerset said:

I can understand not wanting to jump through all of these silly insurance hoops and feeling like a piece of meat that's inspected by some stranger.

I will for sure try to get at least partial coverage but that "6 month of stable weight" alone means at least another year of waiting for me in the end.

And I have crazy loose skin on the front of my body... and also some lumps of fat on my upper inner thighs that really look out of proportion there.

image.png.a92c21f53ca0954c2a997fd69abd9ef2.pngI wish the rest of my body would look as defined as my back. 😞

Your back looks phenomenal ❤