Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My mother said she no longer wants to talk or see me anymore.

7 minutes ago, darcyjae said:

I actually meant the Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis:

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-disorders/borderline-personality-disorder.htm

I gotta the first time.

I always wanted a son!! I value my 2 girls as well. That female in your life is simply an egg donor, not a mother.

If you ever miss having the actual 'role' of a Mom filled...message me..lol..my adult girls would love for me to focus some 'Mom energy' elsewhere...LOL

Seriously, I'm SO PROUD OF YOU and your ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!

Edited by KarenLR75

1 hour ago, KarenLR75 said:

I always wanted a son!! I value my 2 girls as well. That female in your life is simply an egg donor, not a mother.

If you ever miss having the actual 'role' of a Mom filled...message me..lol..my adult girls would love for me to focus some 'Mom energy' elsewhere...LOL

Seriously, I'm SO PROUD OF YOU and your ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!

Depends, are you rich?

1 minute ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Depends, are you rich?

Just kidding! UNLESS YOUR RICH!

47 minutes ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Just kidding! UNLESS YOUR RICH!

LOL...no, sorry...solid middle class. ;)

1 hour ago, KarenLR75 said:

LOL...no, sorry...solid middle class. ;)

I was hoping you would like that.

Well, if you adopt Steve. You're automatically getting a soon to be sleeved daughter, lol. Collectively, we shouldn't all eat more than 1 plate, lol.

3 minutes ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Well, if you adopt Steve. You're automatically getting a soon to be sleeved daughter, lol. Collectively, we shouldn't all eat more than 1 plate, lol.

LOL..that works for me! Then we can order from the adult menu since we are splitting 3 ways and I don't get the narrowed eye stare when I ask about the kid's menu...seriously..I want to color, what is the harm in that? ;)

5 minutes ago, KarenLR75 said:

LOL..that works for me! Then we can order from the adult menu since we are splitting 3 ways and I don't get the narrowed eye stare when I ask about the kid's menu...seriously..I want to color, what is the harm in that? ;)

We're in mom! But you will have to share the crayons!

3 hours ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

We're in mom! But you will have to share the crayons!

I want the red crayon, lol. Anyone else joining the family? Btw, the kids menu is very filling now, for me but the choices suck for an adult palate.

Just seeing this thread, I've been absent for a few weeks due to work, but Wow, Steve! You are a remarkable man! I wasn't ever blessed to be able to have children, but you're sure the kind of son I would have been proud of!! I think you made the best decision for yourself in the writing of your final letter to that woman and I pray that she indeed won't ever contact you again. Super supportive hugs!!

I’m so sorry you are dealing with this.

My mom talked me out of surgery a year ago, said I was giving up. I think she was just jealous that I was ‘actually’ going to lose the weight after 20 years of dieting. She has been dieting for 40 years and is still convinced she is going to lose the weight the old fashioned way.

So I went forward with the procedure anyway.

I have her support, but she definitely gets some small pleasure every time I vomit or experience a complication. Sort of a cosmic, “I told you so - you should have listened to your mother”.

2 hours ago, Beast(RNY) said:

I’m so sorry you are dealing with this.

My mom talked me out of surgery a year ago, said I was giving up. I think she was just jealous that I was ‘actually’ going to lose the weight after 20 years of dieting. She has been dieting for 40 years and is still convinced she is going to lose the weight the old fashioned way.

So I went forward with the procedure anyway.

I have her support, but she definitely gets some small pleasure every time I vomit or experience a complication. Sort of a cosmic, “I told you so - you should have listened to your mother”.

Family can dish out the criticism!

So sorry Steve. She obviously has mental health issues. All you can do is say a prayer. I hope you can get 'adopted' somewhere. You are doing great, keep your chin up.