Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My mother said she no longer wants to talk or see me anymore.

Is this OP for real? If so, his mother clearly has mental issues and zero maternal instincts. You should be ecstatic she doesn't want anything to do with you anymore. Nobody needs someone that toxic in their lives.

This is a real F#$Ked up situation. I don't talk to her much a few times a year but her timing is what threw me. When she has had both hips replaced 4 months apart I didn't go to Florida but at least called the next day to make sure my mother is doing well. It was just the timing of the situation. She has always been non motherly. Thank you all for your help. She is going to be out of my life period after that ****.

Nothing to add just sending you virtual hugs, :780_sparkling_heart: honestly believe it or not you are better off without her if she thinks speaking to anyone let alone her own child like this is even close to ok or normal.

Edited by Bastian

I’m so sorry you are going through this. You have made a huge effort to take control of your health and life. Do not let anyone get in the way of that. I too had toxic family members that I had to discontinue my relationship with. It’s difficult at first but my life has been so much more peaceful. Just realize that this is who your mom is and you can’t change her. Surround yourself with positive people who will support your efforts. Good luck!

All i can say is the world has mean people in it! - You have a wife and family and this kinda stress you do not need in your life! Vent here and most important be a husband and parent unlike you mother was!

She obviously has some sort of mental issue and is sick, Dont let the toxic environment bring you and your family down

1 minute ago, AJ Tylo said:

All i can say is the world has mean people in it! - You have a wife and family and this kinda stress you do not need in your life! Vent here and most important be a husband and parent unlike you mother was!

She obviously has some sort of mental issue and is sick, Dont let the toxic environment bring you and your family down

Thank you all again! I asked my wife for 1 thing when and before we would date. She really looked like I was a mad man. I asked that if her and I were ever to argue, that we never cuss each other and try to make our points without hinting around the subject. She said she had never heard of anyone else doing this. She agreed and said she fell in love with me that day. We have been tother since March 1996. We got Married on February 25th 2000. She has slipped a couple of f you at me but has always apologized pretty soon after. For me I have stood on that oath and have never faultered. We're still going strong. I make an oath or promise, I will keep it.

On 1/4/2020 at 7:12 PM, Slimming Down Steve said:

So where do you live in TN. I live in a little unincorporated town above Crossville TN called GRIMSLEY.

I'm in Maryville

Well, I don't mean to joke about something like this because it certainly isn't funny, but I have to:

Slimming Down Steve has set a world record. He has shed himself of 200+ pounds of unhealthy weight instantly. Way to go, man!

Seriously, good luck. You don't need that kind of $hit in your life while you are going through this.

2 minutes ago, JRT Mom said:

Well, I don't mean to joke about something like this because it certainly isn't funny, but I have to:

Slimming Down Steve has set a world record. He has shed himself of 200+ pounds of unhealthy weight instantly. Way to go, man!

Seriously, good luck. You don't need that kind of $hit in your life while you are going through this.

More like 290, she a big one. I come from both sides of the family of very obese individuals.

Oh how awful! The "my son is already thinner than me" is a telling piece of information that she's jealous and unhappy with her own weight. She's taking it out on you, but it's not really about you. Hang in there.

4 minutes ago, GradyCat said:

Oh how awful! The "my son is already thinner than me" is a telling piece of information that she's jealous and unhappy with her own weight. She's taking it out on you, but it's not really about you. Hang in there.

I'm not sweating the small **** anymore. It was just the timing that got me. I'm feeling good this morning as far as the RNY goes. My back pains

is another story.

Good lord. I’m so sorry. It’s probably for the best that that sort of communication stop though. She sounds like she may have borderline personality disorder.

You realize this is 100% her and not at all you, right?

I’m so sorry that this has happened to you! I can’t even imagine. But congrats on finding the courage to cut that cancerous tumor out of your life!!! It’s 2020! You’ve carried this toxic relationship all your life, now it’s time to let it go! Congrats on all that you have going for yourself! Continue to work hard and may your future be bright with happiness!

1 minute ago, darcyjae said:

Good lord. I’m so sorry. It’s probably for the best that that sort of communication stop though. She sounds like she may have borderline personality disorder.

You realize this is 100% her and not at all you, right?

Bitchy personality is more like it!!!!!! And yes she's nuts I do believe.

I actually meant the Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis:

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-disorders/borderline-personality-disorder.htm