Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It usually happens to me when I'm not eating enough Protein. But sometimes my body will throw a temper tantrum like a child and that's when I go tough love on it and have a cup of coffee or tea and get busy on a project til the next meal to get my mind off of eating.

Edited by justmetj

Yes, feeling the same way especially since Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I hate you all! jk I am never hungry and I am trying to eat to get my calories up and it sucks! - This is very hard to do

I pretty much plan a day ahead what my 3 meals will be, actually just 2 since one is a protien shake and what my 2 Snacks will be. If I don't plan the day out I would definitely eat too much

Edited by Lbtnew

I’m 4 weeks post gastric sleeve surgery, but for 3 days now I’m hungry less than one hour afterwards. I keep drinking to fill myself but just really struggling. Is this normal?

As the months pass you will be able to eat more & you will start to feel hungry. I’m not sure how far a long you are but by 5/6 months I could eat half a cup of food at a meal. Now at 16 months I can eat about a cup of food or two eggs or about 80g of Protein. I still have days when I’m not hungry but do have some I feel hungry. I keep very much to a routine of when I eat, how much I eat & what I eat. It helps me meet my goals on non hungry days & not over eat on hungry days.

One of the challenging learnings along this journey is working out what is real hunger or head hunger. Are you eating out of habit or are you truly hungry? It’s like cravings. Are you really craving a specific food or is it salt or sugar or just wanting something you should avoid? On these days I look for an alternative - a slice of apple, a cube of cheese or a chunk cucumber with salt to satisfy. Some days it’s really hard to sort through these feelings but it is worth it. (I’m still sorting through it.)

Keep your protein up because it is more filling. Avoid slider foods as they don’t satisfy hunger.

Good luck.

On 1/3/2020 at 1:01 PM, vdbarbie said:

Does anyone experience this. I am hungrier and feel like I can eat more?20200103_070033.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello

Hope all is well.

What type of surgery did you get? How many months post op are you?

I had a gastric sleeve. Tomorrow will be one month. I was really excited about not being hungry but for 3 days I’ve noticed hunger so much more. But I had some Protein Bites for lunch and I’m having to tell myself that it’s enough because it’s too early to give in to eating more. I feel at days that hunger is a shameful sensation. I know it’s stupid but it’s just how I feel at times.

I am 15 months out. I have stalled completely due to thyroid issues.

1 hour ago, Fayna382 said:

I had a gastric sleeve. Tomorrow will be one month. I was really excited about not being hungry but for 3 days I’ve noticed hunger so much more. But I had some Protein Bites for lunch and I’m having to tell myself that it’s enough because it’s too early to give in to eating more. I feel at days that hunger is a shameful sensation. I know it’s stupid but it’s just how I feel at times.

Hello

I know the feeling, at times my apetite is bigger than other days. I always try my best to remain mondful & positive. The only issue I have is that my stomach and brain does not communicate. I eat based on sight and time. So what I see I eat. I keep air popped popcorn in the house, fruits, and I meal prep. Alongside to my Protein Shakes

Always treat each day individually. If you fail one day, know your mistakes dust yourself off and do better the next day. Only you can deal with these challenges.

I am here for you.

Missy