Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! Sorry I’m MIA. I’m keeping notes and I promise to go over everything day by day.

Following this thread! Your plane seat belt pic is goalsssssss. I cant wait for the day when i dont need a seat belt extender. Have fun and take advantage of those rides! The last time I went to an amusement park was when i was around the 350's. I went to six flags with a few friends and I couldn't go on any rides because of my size. It was so embarrassing and it made me realize how big Ive gotten.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor :) Looking forward to seeing pics! Most people usually indulge when on vaca but you made a choice to eat fairly healthy and have balance. You should be proud.

Oh and btw your niece is adorable!

Quick fun fact: exercise WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM IN DISNEY. 30 miles in 3 days. 🥳💪🏻

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

I just got back myself from 5 days at Universal. It can be a challenge finding healthy choices there. I didn’t really food log, as I sort of wanted to see what happened if I ate what appealed to me, and while I did gain about 3/4 of a pound, it was worth it for the hot butterbeer. :)

It was also pretty amazing, at 65# lighter, to be able to go on EVERY ride without feeling self-conscious about size and having to check if I fit. And to sit on the airplane going there with extra room in the seat.

Have a GREAT time!!

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Alright all. Im back. Sorry for going M.I.A but disney will do that to you. So when i left for my trip i was 228. Im happy to report that when i weighed in this morning, i was 223. Im ecstatic about this, because i enjoyed myself very much and still was able to lose weight. Heres what i did day by day as best as i can remember....

Sunday was Epcot.

First things first. I STARTED EVERYDAY WITH MY Protein Shake. That did not change. I was able to find a local Walmart and get my power core shakes and I started every day right with a shake and an hour later a banana for some good energy for the day. And everyday i had the 12g Protein beef Jerky stick on me. Those are things i like to always have with me if i cant find something suitable at the park.

Epcot is known for drinking around the world. I decided i was going to try some drinks and i did. I sipped very slowly and took my time with drinking. I made sure i had no carbonation, (thats my preference) and that was about my only restriction as far as my drinks. I bought 4 different drinks, and probably sipped half of each and passed them on. if i started feeling good i didnt push it, and just passed it on until i was ready again.

As far as food at epcot. They have a lot, i ended up eating a frankfurter from "germany" with out the bun. it was really good and i figured it had decent protein. I also tried a bite of a ham and cheese croissant from "france" and i even tried a churro bite from "mexico".

All of this was over a period of about 5 hours. I think it really helps that youre walking ALL day tho, And i was feeling great.

Monday we had character Breakfast at chef mickeys. this was very easy. They have very healthy selections and its buffet style, i didnt get my moneys worth in food but definitely memories. i got scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of turkey sausage and some fruit. We ate at around 11 so this was much lunch. the rest of that day we were off until after hours and there they just had popcorn icecream and soda. i did try a bite of the ice cream and moved on. that was all i needed. i drank another shake for dinner that night,

tuesday was hollywood studios. I tried blue Milk in galaxys edge. its not really milk, just looks like it. They also sold turkey jerky in there!!! i had to get some of that. it was ok, nothing special. and then for lunch i got a pulled pork sandwich but only ate the pulled pork.... and i wasnt hungry for dinner that night so i just had a banana and called it a day.

wednesday universal. My usual morning. No morning snack, too busy on the rides. didnt eat lunch until 230 and got a grilled chicken sandwich, only at the chicken of course. filled me up plenty. for dinner we went to moes right outside of universal. i got the quinoa and chicken bowl. ate maybe half of it, delicious. and my treat of the day was butter beer from harry potter land. Extremely good.

Thursday magic kingdom- we did the be our guest late breakfast around 11. this time i had to choose from a menu. they had a egg white with chicken sausage and fruit as an option. easty choice and really good!! that day i had two treats! i tried a pepperoni spring roll (ate half) and i tried pistachio ice cream. about 5 bites of that and then i passed it on. i enjoyed it very much.

Friday was animal kingdom- I got pulled pork again and i tried a chocolate covered pineapple. i also had a margarita in Pandora land. it was a busy day and its easy to forget about the food. but i enjoyed it very much,

Saturday was a chill day by the pool and we ate dinner at the boat house at disney springs. i knew this was happening so i had a protein shake for bfast and lunch and then for dinner i tried a cup of lobster bisque and i got the crab cake. i was able to eat half. it was amazing.

Overall, i learned that you can stay committed to your diet 75% of the time on vacation and still enjoy the hell out of it. I didnt want to go fully off track and i never did. i think keeping my morning routine was huge, It allowed me to enjoy myself a little more at the parks. If youre going to disney, YOU WILL WALK A LOT. From saturday- friday i walked/ran 73.4 miles. yes 3 mornings i woke up and ran before the day and on saturday i did a 5k row plus lift. i was only able to do this because of the weight i have lost. My whole entire family was down and out for the count after the days and i just wanted to keep going, i felt AMAZING the whole time. I teared up a few times getting on rides that i had been denied on before for being too big. Overall it was a great experience and probably the best trip of my life.

That sounds amazing, Jake! I give you extra EXTRA credit for the running/rowing.

My own experience a few weeks ago was similar in that I was shocked by how much longer I could walk and wait in lines before my feet hurt, vs. other trips (and my companions.) it’s a great feeling!

Reading about your vacation put a hugeee smile on my face! ❤️ Its so nice to hear that you were able to stay committed while enjoying in moderation. I cant imagine what it must have felt like getting on rides you were denied before because of your weight. I also admire the fact that you went running and worked out! Like what!?!??! That's incredible!

Its crazy what this surgery/weight loss can do for someone. It changes your whole mentality. You wanted to stick to your usual plan even on vacation, and that's truly inspiring!

Thank you for sharing this and congrats!! :D

34 minutes ago, JAKE H said:

I teared up a few times getting on rides that i had been denied on before for being too big. Overall it was a great experience and probably the best trip of my life.

Dude, I teared up reading your post.

Sooooooo happy for you ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thank you guys!!! It was amazing.

WOW!! You really did well! Congrats!

I'm sure your niece had a ball as well!

Welcome home!

Congratulations on an amazing journey the physical, emotional, and mental breakthroughs were very heartwarming to read and feel!! Bravo!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app