Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

THE SLOW LOSERS CLUB SUPPORT THREAD

This is me in the last year...

image-0.0050067901611328125.jpg

And in the last 3 months...

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Definitely steps... some going up! 😂

Edited by froufrou
formatting

Yep! Your overall picture is AMAZING, though!

I have some days going up as well, but I can’t bring myself to log those days, even though I know it’s normal and all that. So the stalls are reflected on this image, but not the little bumps up. But my refusal to type them in is the only reason why 😂

5E24A876-0F35-482D-AE9E-F3728E2900AC.thumb.jpeg.d85863792acb3d0a3d5c073a923b8619.jpeg

Okay so I just posted on the stall thread, but this discussion here is also relevant.

Here is from 1 month PO, when I got this scale. I’d already lost 25 pounds and had my 2-week stall (which is why I got the nicer scale that had Bluetooth to help me keep track)

What’s interesting is the time period from thanksgiving to first week in January.
I thought I was in maintenance only to discover it was yet another stall. 🤷‍♀️

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

Can I join this club? I know this is for people who had the sleeve but I had the bypass on 10/01/2019 but am a slow loser and need y'alls support!! my stats are below.....

Edited by Panda333

On 1/12/2020 at 11:59 AM, CapyCapybara said:

For whatever I’m allowed to identify myself as (hahaha) ....
I’m extremely frustrated. There’s a post going on about my surgery month. Essentially it’s a check in thread. People have posted that they have lost 4 xs the amount as I have and some who had surgery almost a week after me have had lost almost double . Congrats and awesome to them. But I’m so frustrated hahaha

I am NOT saying F the doctors, F the plan , F the surgery it doesn’t work .... I’m simply venting my frustration of not losing as fast as my surgery twins or surgery month people. I think it’s good to have this so people can vent and know they aren’t the only ones. Or “Hey homegirl/boy, me too, this shiiizz is frustrating as hell but we got this .” Instead of just feeling like a failure in the corner

As far as stalls ... I have nothing to contribute. I’ve been on one but I am having a feeling monthly visitor is contributing. Seeing my team tomorrow so I’ll return with whatever feed back they give me .

I know some have stated they wanted to post or been lurking because they are scared to post. If you need to just vent about it - my inbox is open. I’m a newbie to this but I know it can be helpful just to get this **** off your chest ! Good luck to everyone

This is how I feel @CapyCapybara.people who had surgery the same month as me and losing faster and I wonder what I'm doing wrong, taking Vitamins before of after Breakfast making a difference? the thoughts that go into my mind are sooo negative..... then I remember I'm a year from being a senior citizen and it's going to be slower and that's okay. I have pcos and years of being fat......scale is down every time I weigh so....how bad is that?!!! Love this board for support.

15 hours ago, Panda333 said:

Can I join this club? I know this is for people who had the sleeve but I had the bypass on 10/01/2019

I've been on the thread and I had RNY so I'm thinking were are not 'sleeve-centric' as much as we are 'things that CAN possibly contribute to rate of weight loss and how best to address and do what we can to remove these roadblocks if at all possible..

Hey, I don't know if any of you guys need a bit of extra support. I just want to invite you to come join us online tonight in our meeting. PM me for the deets if you are in need.

1902150884_01_23.20SUPPORTGROUP.thumb.jpg.d47018dc9b26a577d64bd7c226b1c0ef.jpg

11 hours ago, KarenLR75 said:

were are

sigh.."we are"...not "were are"

On 01/23/2020 at 09:16, FluffyChix said:

Hey, I don't know if any of you guys need a bit of extra support. I just want to invite you to come join us online tonight in our meeting. PM me for the deets if you are in need.

1902150884_01_23.20SUPPORTGROUP.thumb.jpg.d47018dc9b26a577d64bd7c226b1c0ef.jpg

Seriously guys... the discussions are GREAT.
I’m sad bc I have to work tonite, but this group as already done wonders for me

2 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Seriously guys... the discussions are GREAT.
I’m sad bc I have to work tonite, but this group as already done wonders for me

I'm in! Thanks for the info Fluffychix & Sheribear68! I need all the help I can get to make the MOST of this journey as possible!

In recent discussions with Fluffy and others, we did the math and my average amount of weight lost per month SINCE surgery is actual a bit over 12 pounds per month and that would actually have been higher if my exercise hadn't taken a nosedive in the past..well, I was thinking it was a week, but it's been more like 10 days.

My INITIAL Months 1-3 weight loss was...when I compared to my siblings was not as large as theirs was so yeah...it bothered me. I tried to be careful (and yeah, we probably shouldn't compare but I did) and only compare with others IF they were in a similar situation to me. i.e. for me that was: female, 50+, menopausal, sedentary, known slow metabolism DUE to hormones, lack of exercise, medications, illness/conditions, 20+ years of yo-yo dieting and/or anything else that contributed to the slowness - some things WITHIN my control, some things NOT.

On some days when I was doing better mentally, I figured well, I may be starting out slower but my rate per month may be more sustainable than theirs after the first few mos. I need to get back on my surgery sibling thread but I ALREADY know now that in looking at my weight loss data over a MORE SUFFICIENT amount of time to evaluate a truer picture of 'weight loss per mo), I'm at least an AVERAGE loser and if I deal with some recent bad habits that crept back in suddenly, I feel that with not a ton of effort I can hit a 'AVERAGE-HIGH' amt of weight loss per mo.

I wanted to post as some of you know I'm very data driven. The first 2 - 3 mos of surgery, including that critical 1st mo where some of us wonder based on SO VERY VERY little calories, why weight loss wasn't higher..it's kinda of like when we were kids...I always used to say when asked..."I'm 5 and 1/2 years old"...because I was PROUD of that '1/2'...and the age I'm at now, man, I round DOWN!!!

When we are little though...at young ages, our time on this earth is so SMALL at that point, that our experiences for the first let's just say..5 yrs...is obviously the BULK of our entire little life at that point. Flash forward to today and being..cough..like around 50...and ages 0-5 is nothing but a BLINK. Statistically barely factors.

I realize now that while yes...my first 2 mos especially I found to be a bit disappointing at the time, in hindsight, just 4 more months out, the math is showing that DESPITE my true challenges and even for me, some emotional/mental ones, I am at least an AVERAGE loser. I'm posting this hoping to give those who are only a couple of months out and may be fighting with disappointment...some hope and another way to consider things..and to stay on track and let the time pass...then look back at what has happened.

My wish for all of us is we become part of..someday...a "We WERE slow losers but look at us now" type of thread..lol. I realize that there are ppl with much more severe issues than what I'm dealing with so in no way do I mean to do your situation any disservice.

Oh...and along with realizing I'm at least 'average'...I had a small NSV on my way to taking my laptop back into my office...my PJ bottoms (yeah, I work from home) fell down and I almost fell over my own feet..LOL.

I LOVE these PJ botttoms so much I'm seriously considering taking them to a tailor!!

4 minutes ago, KarenLR75 said:

Oh...and along with realizing I'm at least 'average'...I had a small NSV on my way to taking my laptop back into my office...my PJ bottoms (yeah, I work from home) fell down and I almost fell over my own feet..LOL.

I LOVE these PJ botttoms so much I'm seriously considering taking them to a tailor!!

Hahahaha! I LOVE your post!!! Great realization and NSV!!! :D Then I laughed even harder at the pjs story! Take them to be tailored. True story. I'm STILL wearing my drawstring jams (4x) cuz I heart them so much and can't bear to lose them! :) IMG_5565.thumb.JPG.e85347560d65069f6c87337c93050941.JPG IMG_5566.thumb.JPG.304860e500f31432906f07ba3ed2b681.JPG

When Mr. F. sees me in this outfit (so special), he will usually say something like, "There's a new sheriff round these parts!" Cuz he thinks I look like I should have a gun hangin off my belt. And a star. Mostly a star!

WTG girl and congrats on your accomplishment!!!

On 01/08/2020 at 00:52, Serengirl said:

we can agree to disagree and this is a place for those who dont lose in a typical fashion I am losing slowly I NEVER said i haven't lost any weight at all but I can indeed go weeks and weeks without losing and since all of my food is premeasured by the containers i buy them in- eg. premiere shakes- i know their exact calorie counts. In fact except for having sushi maybe once a week all of my food (greek yogurt, cottage cheese, premiere shakes) comes in pre measured packets for that very reason so I CANNOT underestimate or overestimate my food amounts. So feel free to hit up another thread if you dont agree. Also please dont tell ME WHAT TO DO or not to do. Its my G-d given right to have my opinion and last i checked I live in a free country where speech is a constitutional right.... I am entitled to be frustrated and feel overwhelmed. I am HUMAN. Hence this thread is a Support thread - not a "please dont type something I don't want to read because Im a snowflake thread" Feel free to not visit this thread at all if it offends you so much.

I’m very disappointed that you would use this “support thread” as you call it, a place for a political thrown down. Calling anyone a snowflake has absolutely no bearing to this thread rebuttal other than to show your political frustrations and as a so called negative put down to someone. I don’t care about your political views, I resent you using them to put someone down in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with politics,

9 minutes ago, Joy2me said:

I’m very disappointed that you would use this “support thread” as you call it, a place for a political thrown down. Calling anyone a snowflake has absolutely no bearing to this thread rebuttal other than to show your political frustrations and as a so called negative put down to someone. I don’t care about your political views, I resent you using them to put someone down in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with politics,

Oh please stow it, since when is snowflake exclusively a political description, you assume too much.

1 hour ago, Joy2me said:

I think you may be reading her reply out of context...she was NOT calling someone a snowflake...a few..like 1 or 2 ppl were inferring that some on THIS thread were not looking at reality and maybe were wanting excuses or we wanted to be 'pandered to (my interpretation and mine alone)...she was saying we were not ASKING to be treated like we needed some sort of special care...

Don't know why so many ppl want to take this thread and continue to issue vague insults such as putting support thread in quotes - my apologies directly if that was not your intent though! I also apologize for this frustrated reply when you may just be simply confused about what her post was in response to....

Anyone who does not agree or believe in this thread & the TRUE support& encouragement, tips, advice, etc.. that we are seeking as a group...as ppl who feel correctly or incorrectly that they may be facing some additional challenges...then please take the high road and go elsewhere but let's not let the good stuff that can be helpful to all be overwhelmed by a few ppl's negativity.

Those of us who are looking for the support are open to discussion on what challenges may or may not be in our control We are looking for those who may have had similar challenges and how did they deal with it. We are open to even discussing what roles mental and emotional roadblocks/challenges may play.

We never asked for ppl to 'baby' us. The ONLY strong protest that I'm aware of is when this post denigrated down into insults and name calling. The 'snowflake' was a 'callback' to what ppl on this thread were already called by someone else. She was REFERENCING that..not STARTING it.

I may have very lightly alluded to it a few posts earlier, but the REASON I'd like to see this thread ABANDONED SOME DAY is BECAUSE PPL GET THE HELP THEY NEED HERE or in other places with a great deal of wise veteran support like FluffyChix's "Doing the Headwork" threads and the help that she offered earlier today or with their family/local support/surgeon/nutritionist/doctors, etc.

With HELP and TOOLS and PEOPLE'S INPUT via all of these wonderful ways, I'd LOVE to see this thread abandoned because the ppl who were looking for support - GOT THE SUPPORT and we all were continuing on our successful journeys! I wish that for EVERYONE who has ever posted here whether we have all been in agreement or not, whether we have been upset with each other, whether we have been hurt/wounded...whether someone has decided to block/ignore someone...I would NEVER ever wish anyone less success than i want for myself!

BEST WISHES to EVERYONE on this FORUM!!!!!

Edited by KarenLR75
felt bad cuz I sounded harsh :(