Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

THE SLOW LOSERS CLUB SUPPORT THREAD

I am three weeks post-op. I lost 18 my first week and ZERO in week 2 and 3. I'm so frustrated and trying to trust the body knows what it's doing. I track my food, Water, etc. The only thing I haven't started yet is an exercise plan. I've decided to do weight checks on a monthly basis so I don't get disappointed if I don't lose one week.

Hey SLs so the scale didn't budge today. However instead of being sad I went shopping in my closet! The cute outfits I have from 10 yrs ago fit again and some are too big.

This process is everything remember that. The scale isn't our only indicator.

Woo!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks, Chardonnay40! Sometimes we need to be reminded that this whole journey just isn't about the pounds on the scale.

1 hour ago, Lynda486 said:

Yes, it's inches lost, smaller clothes, more energy, less pain.

OMG the pain in feet and ankles is gone. I walk faster, Im not afraid of stairs. Its wonderful!

I am with you. And I was told my weightloss may be slow since I had a conversion. But it doesn't make it any easier. I am not doing what I should be anymore either. I got tired of counting everything & not seeing the results I thought I should be seeing. I need some encouragement for real!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Before surgery, I found the slower I lost weight the longer I kept it off. As long as the needle moves slowly in the right direction, I’m happy. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Also, most people, like my surgeon, think I’m losing faster than average. I don’t think the people who are really sabotaging themselves post here unless they want to change.

I think the holiday were tough for most but for the first time in my life I ended them down in weight vs up so I consider that a huge success. @fluffyChix I have lost 34 lbs and I am just under 5’6 and thank you for all of your amazing advice and support- I learn so much from you. I think as far as working the plan goes my RN gave me diff advice than my nutritionist vs my Dr so I’m so confused and believe me I pointed it out to all three. That said the one thing I haven’t done is break my meals into 3 meals and two Snacks or basically 5 small meals. 1 I have never liked eating often and two I know when you are insulin resistant that the more times you eat the more you spike your blood sugar so I eat three times a day but it takes me sooooo long to get through any drink that isn’t Water that I have timed myself and it has actually taken me three hours to get thru a Protein Shake which I must have to meet my Protein goals. So I’m wondering if maybe forcing myself to eat 5 times a day is what my body wants so it doesn’t freak out and hold onto weight? Would love people’s thoughts on this. Especially since now I am up to working out 7 days a week and have started doing 2xday a couple of days a week. In that case do I add more calories? More carbs? It’s so confusing

@ Trista and Nikki I hear ya. Nikki your body is probably just freaking out because you did just lose 85% of your stomach ... and that’s a great idea about monthly checks I wish I could do that. I’m not doing it every day but the thought of not checking more than once in a month and then not really lose and then feel regret I didn’t know sooner so I could adjust my plan would drive me nuts. That said that scale can make or break my spirit

So today’s rant/ of one more person says calories in vs calories out I will scream because it’s bull crap. I track everything that I eat and drink I also track how much I burn and I average 3000 deficit every single day. At that rate I should drop 6 lbs a week!!! I have never dropped that much except my first week and one other week back when I was sick and it’s drives me crazy. It’s an emotional blow when I work so hard and then lose 1 pound or worse no weight what so ever week after week. I’m just feeling super angry and upset bec this happened before surgery so why did I even go through this?!! To push and to workout and drink all of my Water eat all of my Protein barely eat any calories, and still not drop a single frogging pound?!? bleeeeeeo bleeping bleep!!! I am just frigging over it to the point of despair. I’m only human and feel cursed that this isn’t working for me and I’m at a loss for what to do. At this rate I’ll reach my goal
Weight in 2024 MAYBE!!! 😫😫😫😫😫😫🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

@Serengirl, I was going to let that go, but of course, it's crap. Many things can skew it, tons of illnesses. Thyroid issues. PCOS. Tons of medications. Water consumption. Stress. Even sleep. Very little is actually known about it. If it was, we would all be on the same diet and it would work for everyone. Peer-reviewed journals like 'Obesity' have high impact factors because there is tons of interest in weight loss research.

Give it some time. You may be a slow loser and still lose all your access weight.

I didn't say anything because I'm trying to just let people be wrong and not worry about it, but when they are upsetting other people, like you, I'll say something.

I have always been a slow loser and I remember going through the initial process and speaking to the nutritionist and ultimately it’s going to come down to exercise for me. It seems as if I store everything, but I am hoping be to be at my goal by the 12-13 month mark. I notice when I amp up the exercise I lose a little more but for others dieting is all they need. I try not to compare anymore because I will only depress myself. After surgery our metabolism and genetic make up has not changed. Surgery is just a way to provide extra assistance.