Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moving over here Now!

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Lucky....gah!

Don't be mad ... but it is possible you could too, if you let yourself bounce up and then not go straight back to calorie restriction, and then see what happens. JMO, from a sample size of 1

6 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Don't be mad ... but it is possible you could too, if you let yourself bounce up and then not go straight back to calorie restriction, and then see what happens. JMO, from a sample size of 1

I'm working on it. But I have several strikes against me. Don't want to jack AJ's thread. But at least I'm maintaining on an average of 1100 now rather than 900. So it is hopefully improving! :D

1 hour ago, Serengirl said:

I am so curious, and you might not know why, but why do you think it is in weightless mode you can be at 500 cals a day but not gain anything at 1800-2000 a day? I would gain weight at 1800 a day and Im trying to understand how that works since the less you weight the less calories you should be able to tolerate to even maintain, right?

Further to the theories that WLS changes metabolic function for the better, I also normally run 5km every day and have a relatively low body fat percentage....which likely contributes to my maintenance calorie levels. Though I also know that @sillykitty doesn't exercise much (except maybe to walk to her dry cleaners, LOLOLOLzzz), so who knows...

🤷🏼‍♀️

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Though I also know that @sillykitty doesn't exercise much (except maybe to walk to her dry cleaners, LOLOLOLzzz), so who knows...

My dry cleaners closed while I was away for plastics! 😭

I have a totally unproven and unsupported theory. I think I may have protected my metabolism by being very flexible during my WL mode. I would eat mostly strictly when I was at home. But was a lot looser when I was traveling. I think maybe I kept my body guessing by not getting into a routine or predictable macro or calorie level. I have nothing to back this up though ...

Just now, sillykitty said:

My dry cleaners closed while I was away for plastics! 😭

I have a totally unproven and unsupported theory. I think I may have protected my metabolism by being very flexible during my WL mode. I would eat mostly strictly when I was at home. But was a lot looser when I was traveling. I think maybe I kept my body guessing by not getting into a routine or predictable macro or calorie level. I have nothing to back this up though ...

I want to cry for you (cuz of dry cleaner), but then I want to clap for you for metabolic flexability!!!! Woot wooot!

12 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I think maybe I kept my body guessing by not getting into a routine or predictable macro or calorie level. I have nothing to back this up though ...

Me neither.

But it's a charming notion that my erratic eating patterns might be finally good for something. 😂

Im to damm thin - size 38 waist and my arms and legs are to thin - If i lose anymore going to look like i have cancer. I really do not have a clue been working on this for the last two days with my Nutrisionist and she wants me to stay on a slow weight loss also. The cross fit is working but getting lanky and disformed.

I just bitched about the BMI last week - I agree makes on sense. For now going to loose a few but really get tightened up for my new Cuban Wifes!

Be honest ladies you see the picture go thinner or what? This was 3 days ago taken

IMG_1994.jpg

On 1/3/2020 at 2:25 AM, AJ Tylo said:

245 From 377 since July -

Why would you stop at 245?

I'm 6ft tall big built family I'm currently 204lbs and I'm not even done yet;

not 100% happy at all..yes my arms and legs and shoulders look skinny but still got some meat on my belly and chest area.

Unless you're like 6ft6

IM 6FT 2 ARMS ARE SMALLER NOW STILL HAVE DEFINITION IN ARMS AND LEGS AND CHEST ORGINAL GOAL WAS 220 IM 35 LBS PAST THAT AND FEEL GREAT 245 MIGHT STILL BE TO HEAVY FOR YOU AT 6FT 3? IM IN 34 INCH JEANS (PROBABLY SHOULD BE IN 33 )

Ok going down to 230 lets see what that looks like - Easy as hell to do. Just everyone around is like stop you are getting to lanky and thin - But I agree the belly has a little to go but Can feel my ribs and breast bone, Kinda freaky!

Hopefully can muscle up the legs and arms mine are way to small especially the legs. Shoe size dropeed a whole size - Slammed it off so another 15 will be no problem especially with cross fit.

Guess i wont be buying any more clothes again

Still think that's too much as I said I'm 204 and still not happy yet but it's your life mate.

you don't look too thin to me - you look fine. Even when you get to the point where you're looking really gaunt, things sort of move around that first year of maintenance and you won't look as gaunt even if your weight is stable. AND....don't forget....most of us experience a 10-20 lb "bounceback" (and sometimes more, unfortunately) during year three-ish. So keep that in mind as well...

22 minutes ago, AJ Tylo said:

Ok going down to 230 lets see what that looks like - Easy as hell to do. Just everyone around is like stop you are getting to lanky and thin - But I agree the belly has a little to go but Can feel my ribs and breast bone, Kinda freaky!

Hopefully can muscle up the legs and arms mine are way to small especially the legs. Shoe size dropeed a whole size - Slammed it off so another 15 will be no problem especially with cross fit.

Guess i wont be buying any more clothes again

First of all...don't listen to that bull caca. The people around you have their own personal biases and filters through which they see you and it's not too far from having a sort of BD where you are concerned.

You look terrific. I do think if YOU WANT TO, that you have at least 30lbs and maybe 40 to go...but that's a personal preference, but I will tell you from personal experience, that there is no way on god's green earth that I was having surgery, committing to a lifelong change and stressing through a 3 year weight loss to stop while still in the obese or overweight category. I was not gonna settle for anything short of normal weight.

But that's just how important it was for me...and my choice isn't everybody's choice!

And my RD and doc even wanted me to stop at the still overweight category. I told them they needed to put the crack pipe down and step away from the ledge...

@AJ Tylo I think you already look great in the picture. You would probably still look great 15 lbs lighter.

But really, all that matters is what YOU think. Let the words of those people who tell you that you are too skinny or tell you that should lose more weight roll off your back. If you are happy where you are (and can sustain in) then stay. It sounds to me that you don't really have to try either way so maybe just do your thing as you see fit and you can always adjust if/when you need to.

You look great dude. Seriously.

P.S. something also to keep in mind is that 15 lbs of muscle looks totally different from 15 lbs of fat....

53 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

P.S. something also to keep in mind is that 15 lbs of muscle looks totally different from 15 lbs of fat....

HUUUUUGGGEEEE!!!