Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgeries!

I had RNY 12/17 my first week was awful, night sweats, gas pains, 2 days diarrhea. Week 2 is better once you can eat mushy foods. I am having troubles swallowing my Vitamins so I break them up into tiny pieces. Down 25 lbs trying to increase my Protein and Water intake. I also have bad brusing and a hematoma on the left side that's getting better.

I had bypass 11/21/19 and still having pain and discomfort. For the last week and a half I’m having issues with getting anything down (liquids, chewable Vitaminsfood etc.). Not sure why finally called my doctor’s nurse today. I’m using gas-x in case its gas pains no relief, I chew chew chew/sip sip sip before swallowing but everything seems to get stuck in my chest area. When it comes back up it’s a ball of slime nothing else. It’s happens a couple times a day. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

I had RNY on 12/31 so I'm 3 days out. So far things are going pretty well. I have a little pain but I've been able to control it with Tylenol since Day 1. I'm on modified liquids which with my Dr. includes greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I'm only "eating" 2 oz three times a day, and then trying to get Protein Shakes and liquids in the rest of the time yet I feel like all I am doing is eating all day. I did pretty good with liquids and Protein yesterday though I didn't quite make my goals. I'm hopeful I can today.

I did some measurements right before I went in so I know I'm still pretty bloated (my waist is still 2" bigger today than pre-surgery). Did anyone else track that and if so, how long until the bloating went away?

Edited by loridee11

I had my sleeve on 12/31. The gas is gone, and I've figured out what "full" feels like! The incisions are still sore, but improving. Walking is really helping the most!

Hello everyone!

I had duodenal switch 12/14. My surgeon Dr. Sharp here in Raleigh did an excellent job. Little to no pain. Walked off the gas in a couple days. I did experience a slight tugging sensation when standing from a seated position the first few days. Its been a couple weeks and I'm ready to go back to work.

Edited by bigswol2

It sounds like everyone is doing well. Did anyone have a case of the "Foamies"? I just had my second time today at lunch. Not sure if the pain and the foam coming up was from overeating or what I was eating. Today I had 1/2 of a small veggie patty. It was soft but dense so I will hold off on eating this type of food for a few more weeks. Back to yogurt for lunch.

Canned green Beans are working out well. So I suggest those if you enjoy them and are craving something green.

I had my sleeve done on the 9th. I am finally to the stage I can add more foods other than red meat and raw veggies. I can not wait until next month when I can have a salad. Lol I still get gas pain here and there but not bad at all. I’m up to walking almost a mile a day. This was the best decision I have ever made!

I had RNY on Dec 10th. I have one extra little incision to work around some adhesions from previous surgery. I had very little pain and after I was discharged took ES Tylenol only the first day. I was not able to tell if I was hungry or full for the first two weeks. I followed my liquids diet and am now following my mushy foods diet. I have not vomited at all. I did have a lot of pain one night when I added too much spice to my tilapia and I got some wicked heartburn from that. I was terribly constipated but now I add a TBSP of Miralax to my morning shake and it is keeping that under control. My pre-surgery weight was 220. I was 191 this morning. I was on 1000 mg Metformin and Trulicity and haven’t needed either since surgery. My BP was only slightly high and now is moving around quite a bit but getting lower over time. I think I’ll be saying good bye to that Med also. Most surprising is that my stress incontinence is GONE. (Good bye mini pads). This surprises me since it started when I was at a lower weight than I am now. I’ve been reluctant to post since I feel a bit superstitious about all this great news. Oh - and I am 64 years old diabetic since I was 50. As far as I am concerned this is a miracle and I am very grateful to God as HE surely led me to this. I say He because if God were female, we wouldn’t lose weight in our boobs first! 😂😂😂😂

Hello All!

I'm 2 1/2 weeks post op, and am enjoying my soft foods. I can only eat 2-3 bites, which is pretty fun actually! I treated myself to a few new kitchen gadgets (air fryer, spiralizer, etc) and am having fun testing them out on meals for the family. So far, so good!

Still slightly fatigued, but getting stronger every day. I go back to work on Tuesday!

Hello peeps,

I had my revision from Lap-Band to Mini-Gastric Bypass on Dec 29th in Mexico at Mexico Bariatric Center. Today I'm 9 days Post-op and I feel pretty good. Still on the Full liquid phase which is fine for me because I have zero hunger and have no desire to eat anything. Yesterday was the first day I actually had some dizziness and nausea after I showered but I think it's my body adjusting to my Vitamins. I'm using patch vitamins from PatchMD.

I went back to work yesterday (desk job) but only worked until noon due to the nausea. Took a zofran, slept all afternoon and when I woke up the nausea was gone. Today I feel much better.

Went back to work today! Felt good! Also had my first experience with the "slimes" aka angry pouch. Made the mistake of having too much food in my mouth and swallowing too much at once. As soon as I swallowed, I knew it was too much. About 20 minutes later I got really nauseated and my mouth kept watering like I was going to vomit. I just kept spitting, but fortunately never threw up.

From now on, I will concentrate on small bites, and 30 seconds between bites!

I am 2.5 weeks post RXH. i Had my first negative experience today. Last night I ate a piece of sharp white cheddar cheese. All was fine and no pouch issues. Went to sleep and woke up several times nauseous. Woke up this morning and all was fine. Drove into work eating a yogurt. About an hour after work I had the worst stomach pain and could not get off the toilet, although BM were solid. Had to come home from work to rest. I didn’t vomit or even feel like I would just horrid stomach ache and lots of BM’s. ALL OVER A PIECE OF CHEESE!!! Went back on Clear Liquids today and will try again tomorrow.

9 hours ago, KayLow42 said:

I am 2.5 weeks post RXH. i Had my first negative experience today. Last night I ate a piece of sharp white cheddar cheese. All was fine and no pouch issues. Went to sleep and woke up several times nauseous. Woke up this morning and all was fine. Drove into work eating a yogurt. About an hour after work I had the worst stomach pain and could not get off the toilet, although BM were solid. Had to come home from work to rest. I didn’t vomit or even feel like I would just horrid stomach ache and lots of BM’s. ALL OVER A PIECE OF CHEESE!!! Went back on Clear Liquids today and will try again tomorrow.

Sorry to hear! That sounds dreadful. If you don't mind me asking, what's RXH?

Yesterday was my 1st day back to work, felt pretty good to get back to normal. Except my family ended up with the flu Sunday/Monday, except me...spent 3.5 hours in urgent care Monday evening and didn't get home till almost 9pm. Other than that excitement, my first day back was pretty chill.

Had VSG on 12/9. 30 day out today and down 23 lbs. doesn’t sound so bad when I type it, but it feels like it’s coming off so slow! But feeling better and down a size.