Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 3 weeks posts surgery. Thus might be dumb. But im sick, and with not eating much due to surgery what do u eat now. It used to be tea, toast .... please help. What do you eat. I have chicken broth, tea, Water, but im not trying protien

@Purplepaige70

there are no dumb questions *smile*

Not sure what you mean by sick? Stomach is upset as you heal from surgery? Flu bug? Complications? GERD? You can always call your dietitian for advice on what to eat and let them know you are not able to tolerate Protein or hit your protein goal for the day.

Most of us have a hard time getting food in as you heal. It takes time. Personally, I would follow my plan If its not a complication/medical issue.

On 12/28/2019 at 11:26 AM, Purplepaige70 said:

Im 3 weeks posts surgery. Thus might be dumb. But im sick, and with not eating much due to surgery what do u eat now. It used to be tea, toast .... please help. What do you eat. I have chicken broth, tea, Water, but im not trying protien

I got super sick and I couldn't stomach Protein, dairy (blech!) or shakes at all. Im not saying do this, but all i could stomach was warm Water with lemon and Digestives crackers. I lost 8 pounds I believe. When i am super sick its hard to get me to eat and Im super picky because most things make me nauseous.

4 hours ago, Serengirl said:

I got super sick and I couldn't stomach Protein, dairy (blech!) or shakes at all. Im not saying do this, but all i could stomach was warm Water with lemon and Digestives crackers. I lost 8 pounds I believe. When i am super sick its hard to get me to eat and Im super picky because most things make me nauseous.

I drink Ensure max, 30 g. of Protein and had 2 a day at 3 weeks out. I put it on ice and sip it all day. You have to get in protein it is imperative. I read on this site about a woman that didn't and she ended up in the hospital. I didn't like the drink but saw it as medicine. It would sometimes take over an hour to get it down. Then I did cream of chicken Soup for my mid-day meal. I love sweet tea so I replaced it with caffeine-free tea with a twist of lemon. I also tricked my mind with chewable vitamins and called them my treats. I am concerned that you are not getting protein, they have vegetarian Protein Powder a plant-based protein that you could mix in warm soup. You need to ask your doctor or dietician for some help.