Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I lost 202 pounds in 12 months!

35 minutes ago, Tinesia said:

Congratulations!🎊🎈🎉 You have your whole new life ahead of you...may you enjoy it to the fullest with many trips, and joyous adventures!

Thank you, I do and i love to world travel so I am planning on Cambodia in May for my 30th country. 😃

Well everyone i'm here to tell you this surgery works wonders. I was 377 pounds in December 2018. It's now the end of Dec of 2019 and i'm 175 pounds and healthy. I ate nothing but low carb Protein food 5 times a day for the last year and 3 weeks. All i did was walk on a treadmill 4 times a week for a mile a day. I never cheated on my hardcore diet. I've only puked 7 times or so by eating too much since surgery in the last year. As we all do, i had to learn the hard way sometimes. I couldn't be happier and I have hit my goal weight. I am here to tell you if you follow the doctors orders it works.
Having said that i did go against doctors orders shortly after getting home. I was starving (or so i thought) and ate meat from the first week on. Probably not a good idea. I could only get down 3 bites. I had this grand plan to portion out food and bag it up and freeze it so i could heat it up.... it all went in the garbage.
First day after surgery i could only have 3 sips of Water. Stomach made weird sounds and such. I highly suggest everyone takes off work 2 weeks afterwords. I went back to work with in 10 days and i was a mess. I was dizzy every single time i stood up for about a month or two.
Your body will adjust and you have to do the hard work on the treadmill. My back was killing me before surgery. I could hardly stand up to order at least a pound of food per meal. It goes away.... you have to do the hard work and work though the pain. Walk a mile on the treadmill at 0230 in the morning when no one else is there like I did.
It's a struggle but it pays off in the end. Work hard and listen to your doc's. I wish you all the best.
Starting weight 377 pounds
Now: 175 pounds
Waist starting: 50 inches
Now: 30 inches
Shirt size starting: 5XL
Now: M to L
BMI starting: 50
BMI now: 23
huge.thumb.PNG.5d3ba6a4ee687f0000bc22854ebd13f7.PNG
skinny.thumb.PNG.c9c36895ac5962fb738b60871b0cbf89.PNG

Amazing job! I am on day 16 and was 372 at my highest point and now at 337 lb.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow! Way to go! You look amazing! I’m 6 weeks pre op so I can’t share my progress with you but your transformation has made me feel excited about what is to come for me :). Thanks!!!!!

2 hours ago, idelatorres92 said:

Amazing job! I am on day 16 and was 372 at my highest point and now at 337 lb.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

You are on the same path i was. All i can tell you is eat low carb everything for a year and get your butt on a treadmill for 1 mile no matter how long it takes. You will see the weight drop off like crazy. This gift of surgery is your chance to take advantage of what we wall lost long ago. Use it to your advantage. Make yourself better. I did and it's wonderful. Keep up the good work!

54 minutes ago, calicotrixie said:

Wow! Way to go! You look amazing! I’m 6 weeks pre op so I can’t share my progress with you but your transformation has made me feel excited about what is to come for me :). Thanks!!!!!

you will be fine, it sucks for the first 3 weeks. Do not cheat yourself. Eat low carb and watch your intake. I ate 800 calories for about 9 months. Then i worked up to 1200 by my 1 year mark.

It's funny how it works, at first you can't eat anything other than 3 bites of food, it will increase to 6 bites. Then by a year maybe 8 bites. Your intake will be nothing at first and increases over time. It happens over night too. So don't be alarmed. I went from 3 ounces for damn near 8 months to 5/6 ounces almost over night. It just seems to happen. But it will take you a year to get to 4-6 ounces eating. As you can see i lost 202 pounds. I find it hard to gain even one pound at this point and i'm actually trying to. I think i'm too skinny at this point but i can't stop losing weight LOL.

Well everyone i'm here to tell you this surgery works wonders. I was 377 pounds in December 2018. It's now the end of Dec of 2019 and i'm 175 pounds and healthy. I ate nothing but low carb Protein food 5 times a day for the last year and 3 weeks. All i did was walk on a treadmill 4 times a week for a mile a day. I never cheated on my hardcore diet. I've only puked 7 times or so by eating too much since surgery in the last year. As we all do, i had to learn the hard way sometimes. I couldn't be happier and I have hit my goal weight. I am here to tell you if you follow the doctors orders it works.
Having said that i did go against doctors orders shortly after getting home. I was starving (or so i thought) and ate meat from the first week on. Probably not a good idea. I could only get down 3 bites. I had this grand plan to portion out food and bag it up and freeze it so i could heat it up.... it all went in the garbage.
First day after surgery i could only have 3 sips of Water. Stomach made weird sounds and such. I highly suggest everyone takes off work 2 weeks afterwords. I went back to work with in 10 days and i was a mess. I was dizzy every single time i stood up for about a month or two.
Your body will adjust and you have to do the hard work on the treadmill. My back was killing me before surgery. I could hardly stand up to order at least a pound of food per meal. It goes away.... you have to do the hard work and work though the pain. Walk a mile on the treadmill at 0230 in the morning when no one else is there like I did.
It's a struggle but it pays off in the end. Work hard and listen to your doc's. I wish you all the best.
huge.thumb.PNG.5d3ba6a4ee687f0000bc22854ebd13f7.PNG
skinny.thumb.PNG.c9c36895ac5962fb738b60871b0cbf89.PNG

Wow!!!! Amazing work!!!!![emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on the weight loss! What is your experience with excess skin after losing that much weight?

On 12/27/2019 at 9:21 PM, Superman84 said:

Amazing work mate

On 12/27/2019 at 9:16 PM, McCaw1980 said:

huge.PNG

skinny.PNG

Such a great job. Congrats. You look amazing. Over time did you ever increase your exercise or did you stick to the one mile a day?

you look great keep up the good work amazing job

I just found the picture I had taken the day after surgery, you can still see my fresh cuts from it.

fat.jpg

skinny.PNG

On 12/29/2019 at 1:14 PM, Jd101 said:

Congrats on the weight loss! What is your experience with excess skin after losing that much weight?

To be honest it's all in the inner thigh area on my legs, stomach is wrinkled a bit, and I have tiny man boobs left. I'm not sure if i will ever be able to get rid of it, but it's definitely not surgery worthy or anything that bothers me in the least.

I decided to show the "skin issues" that i could care less about after losing 202 pounds. This honestly doesn't bother me one bit, it's reality. As you can see my giant gut is gone and your stomach wrinkles a bit, my ribs are showing (at 175 lbs or 79 kg in the second picture) but you can still see a little man boob left.... this is reality folks. When you are 377 pounds or 171 kg this is the best i can do. I just want to help others and have no shame in my new body.

I literally have no worries, I'm proud of the hard work i've done and you should be too. No surgery needed as far as i'm concerned.

stomach.jpg

stomach1.jpg

Edited by McCaw1980